Tough Choice on the new iPod Touch 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Slapshot, Sep 1, 2010.

?

Get the iPod Touch 4 or not?

1. Get it!

37 vote(s)
    90.2%
  2. Don't.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #21 sid187, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    when i read cant take pictures i was ready to put my foot in my mouth and fall over a bridge.. like wtf would be the point.. o i can take video but not a single picture. laughs.

face time i have no use for.. im sure teens will use this to talk to there girls startrek style.. damn i wish i was a kid.. could be fun! laughs.

will be fun to compare the screen in person to my gen 2. and i know for a fact it will be faster than gen 2.. as my sisters gen 3 ipod is much faster than my gen 2.. anyhow.. i put 500.00 away for a new ipod months ago.. looks like i get to save a couple of bucks for a case.. nice!!! i hope like hell the battery life is improved over my stock gen 2 ipod.. iso4 killed my gen 2 ipod... lesson learn there i will never upgrade to a major iso upgrade again.. until i update the hardware its intended to run on..

now ill just have to wait for a jailbreak. im assuming gen 4s will come with iso4.2 thats what i have on my gen 2.

chris.

p/s

what can they do next year to get me to upgrade.. gps is probably it..? im not gonna upgrade just for more harddrive space.. should be interesting to see what happens.. what will they try to do to get us to upgrade again.. probably be like gen 1s going to gen 4.. for most of us for a few years.

2. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    incredible device

please go back to the page and reda it all over again, before saying: Ahh it cant take pic blablubla.... I thought the same and couldnt believe it... so apple proved me wrong

[​IMG]

BOOOM :)

I have two questions (actually three :))

1) will the video have tone (and by implication: has the ipod NOW finally a mic?)
    2) is the 8GB model a iPod Touch 4G (actually my brother got a 2G as they dont sell 3G with 8GB back then)
    3) WHAT on earth is the MHz of this chip in the thouch? Also 1Ghz?

Will it be able to play Dodonpachi? :D

thanks in advance, mates!

3. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    Definitely upgrading from my 2g.

1 question: is the back of the ipod still shiny? or is it like the ipad now?

4. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Great to know that you can take picies as well! Thought it a bit weird that this wasn't included.

5. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    So the Touch does take photos, but at a disappointing 960 x 720 rez. Boo!

1) The Touch has a microphone. http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/specs.html

2) YES!

3) It's probably downclocked from 1ghz but I'd assume it's pretty snappy.

6. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    I would definately get it. I'm still mad because I bought my 2nd gen 16 gig ipod for $300 last year a week before they announced the 3rd generation... So yeah...

I resorted to jailbreaking to play some of the newer apps, and so I can have access to gamecenter.... I don't want to stay jailbroken :(

7. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    How long will it take to reach my apple store?

8. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    They're shipping in 10 days so...

9. coolestk!d

coolestk!d Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    School...
    Around
    So it does have pics, low resolution though, I will have to see them myself I guess. But HD video is what I as more excited for.

10. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Awesome, I'm totally getting this new iPod touch, it has like all the features I've ever wanted and will be a big improvent over my 2nd gen. Might get the 32 or 64 GBs as I put lots of movies on.

Oh and is the back rounded and smooth like the older touches or is it more rectangulish in shape like the iPhone 4

11. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Its a 0.7MP Camera on the back for taking pictures.... and there's no LED Flash : (

12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    instead of getting yourself a new iPod Touch, you should send one my way. ;)

13. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i see why jobs skipped the camera details during the conference.

was gonna go with 64gig model.. not now.

is this the same camera the first iphone had?

hey jobs, next time go thicker, put larger battery, bigger harddrive.. and you would have room for a good camera too.. but no you will put the better camera in next year.. i hate how you nickle and dime us steve jobs. mumbles.

why not just put all the stuff it should of had the day it came out.. and let the device stand on its own.. instead of you throwing magic pixie dust on it.

man my head hurts.

chris.

i wonder how the samsung galaxy S mp3 player is gonna turn out.

14. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    yeah, i am a little disappointed with that. my cell phone has a much better camera already. :(

15. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah, o well. my head hurts, im gonna go lay down.. have a great night.

chris.

16. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    So let me get this straight, HD video, but low resolution camera? Man Steve, I expected stuff to be left out but c'mon!

17. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I guess you could uhh...take HD video and screencap?

18. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    hmm, that is an interesting option. Will take effort but I guess when you think about it, you'll definately be able to pick out a good picture. haha.

19. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    The interesting thing is that if you viewed an iPod Touch 4 picture and an iPhone 4 picture side by side on a retina display, they would look pretty much identical. A 960 x 720 photo would fit nicely on the 960 x 640 display. And it would look great on the web too.

Where it falls down is editing. It would break down under processing and you couldn't crop at all. Nor print it.

So it _is_ absolutely grand for the average human. I just wonder how good the image quality is. That's what matters.

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    There are apps in the store that do this. Some even create panos from video you shoot by stitching the shots together.