iPad TouchSports Tennis out!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slayer_megadeth, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
  2. Slayer_megadeth

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Bump....noone excited? :eek:

3. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Hmmm, i'm very VERY excited about this, but not sure whether to get it, as shown before, the control scheme wasn't really appealing. I'll wait for some reviews.

4. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm with my kids right now but the game looks really nice.

Graphics are better than I thought.

But I have to play it latter. :)

5. I really like the look of this, and I love Tennis games normally. I am just a little dubious as to how much control you will have and how that affects your strategy. Hmmm. I might bite.

6. Slayer_megadeth

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Ok i Just Bought the Game. The only two words i have are STAY CLEAR. I can't believe i spent the last of my pocket money on a bullshit game. To start off there are only women players. and u have to select from a huge lineup of 3 yes 3 Players in total. No character customization at all. and about the gameplay lol....the only thing you do is serve! After that you just have to run around the screen and when you are in the range of the ball it hits automatically. Only the Players are modeled in 3D rest all average stuff. The controls for running are not responsive at all when you tap the screen. and when did tennis become so slow??. Even single player seems like you are playing in a laggy Multiplayer server. All in all

Graphics: 3/5
    Gameplay: 1/5
    Presentation: 2/5
    Overall: 2/5

7. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Just a small addition regarding your gameplay note:

You tap in your court to set the player position then you can tilt right or left to give the ball the direction you want. So it's not just a matter to move the player.

In easy mode the game gives a hint where you should better place (tap on court) the player. There's normal and hard levels.

Along with quick play there's also a tour one.

It seems really nice for the first version.

I'll play it later but so far so good. :)

8. Slayer_megadeth

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    i beg to disagree my friend. i dot think just tilting and giving the direction to the ball adds to the gameplay. What about the framerates??....graphics?? I only gave 3/5 for the up close shots of the players. while you are actually playing the players look like they are hand drawn

9. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    No problem Slayer_megadeth.

Give the ball direction makes a great difference IMO, it's more control than just place the player in the court and wait for it do decide where to play.

As I said before I can't play it right now but later I'll probably write more about my impressions. :)

10. Hmm. I need to see more reviews before I will buy it now. I am concerned with Slayers comments, and can see what he means about the speed of the game at least in the YouTube video. It does look too slow. Is this because it is on an easy difficulty perhaps? I don't mind there being only women players mind ;)

11. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I just played two more quick games. One in hard mode. I didn't notice speed difference.

It's not that fast indeed but I'm not sure how playable it'd be if it was faster (maybe an option in the future to tweak speed?).

It seems, anyway, that the game was made for the casual player not a hardcore gamer.

I like the game so far. :)

12. HandheldGames

HandheldGames Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    CEO & Founder, Creative Director, Producer, & Desi
    Lynnwood, Washington
    #12 HandheldGames, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
    Hey All -

Great to hear people picked up on TouchSports Tennis '09 version 1.0 hitting release last night. I'll chime in.

Casual Sports Game Carlos-Sz got this one right. If you look over at http://touchsports.com - you can see TouchSports is positioned as a casual sports title. Something you can pick up and play with an Arcade style experience.

3D & Framerate Of course the entire game in running in 3D and version 1.0 is optimized for the iPod Touch 2G with 2.1 firmware where it runs like a demon. iPhone 3G comes in next speed wise and iPhone / iPod touch come in 3rd. You can expect speed improvements down the road.

Touch & Tilt Game Play It's in there and a vital component of game play. It it wasn't clear in the help section, it will be corrected. We will be posting a new gameplay video later today showing how FUN the touch and tilt combination is.

Women Players Our first concern was getting everything in and under 10MB - and it turns out we are only at 6.5MB. So a choice had to be made whether to put Male or Female players in the game. You can expect more players for those needing to connect with a guy on screen.

Difficulty Easy / Medium and hard all have different camera angles. Easy has the guide dot . Medium looses the dot and lowers the camera. Hard lowers the camera the most . Increasing the difficulty level increases opponent characteristics making the game much more difficult.

Thx!
    HHG

13. Nice to hear from you HHG. I will look forward to the new video- perhaps that will persuade me to buy it ;)
    Will you please post the link on here? Thanks.

14. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Definitely worth buying

On the newest iTouch, gameplay is fluid and fun. It captures the essential feel of tennis, and once you get used to the control system there is a satisfying flow to the game, with long rallies and the ability to rush the net for winners. The best aspect of the control system is the use of the accelerometer to direct serves and other shots to the left and right of the court. I recommend this game without hesitation.

15. Thanks for that Grist. I would like to know your opinion on the speed of the game please. Do you think it is too slow?

16. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    have ipod touch 1st gen.
    can load only start menu, next always crashes :(

17. Firstly, Shkudt, the obvious question- have you tried a reboot?

18. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    wastedyuthe, my opinion about the speed of the game is that it is optimal. If the pace were any faster, the frustration level would be too high. I find myself competing hard to beat the AI opponents, and if the game speed was set higher I doubt that I would be able to win any matches.

19. Thanks again Grist. Much appreciated.

20. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    Sure, many times. My best result - start menu screen, when i'm trying to start game or even touch the screen in a random place its crashes.