Universal Touchgrind Skate 2 - (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I'm stuck on the last 2 missions of the second place. A triple kick flip of the roof beam thing, and doing a pop shuvit on to the toll gate barrier then doing a slide trick, what is a slide trick? I just plain suck at kickflips

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    A lot of people have been asking for this. I think they said they'd look into it a few pages back.

3. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    There is support for iPod 4. I played on a iPod 4 yesterday. Email us at [email protected] if you have problems with it.

4. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    Yes, we are working hard on an update.

5. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    I takes a little bit of practice to get the perfect timing on your kickflips. But it is a great feeling once you get it right :)

A slide trick is a kind of grind where you slide the deck (not trucks) against a rail. I think the most common in the game is a boardslide.

6. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    K thanks, does a dark slide count for that?

7. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Goodness... Has anyone actually done the triple kick flip? I can't do it to save my life. When even I even get remotely close, it says I did an under flip. Do I need to do a late flip? Any tips?

8. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    Yes. Darkslide is the slide trick that gives the highest score.

9. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    No it is a normal kickflip but faster swipe and preferrably in a high jump.

10. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!! YES! On to the factory!

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    After playing a lot of this over the past week and going back and forwards between this and true skate my final impressions are,
    True skate feels like more of a game to cruise around and pull of tricks and it feels cool doing it, but......
    Touch grind 2 feels a lot more like your pulling off tricks the way they are suppose to be pulled off and it's a lot easier in TG2 to pull off tricks on demand because you know how they should be done (well I do anyway)
    That's for flip tricks anyway,
    For grinds I'd say they feel better in true skate.
    Even touch grind one still holds up for me because that really did feel like you were playing with a finger board and moving your fingers just how you should to do the tricks.

Well I guess overall I'm glad to have all three games as there all good for different reasons.
    Touch grind 2 - best for pulling off consistent flip tricks
    Touch grind - best for really feeling like a finger board
    True skate - best for pulling off cool grinds.

This is just my feelings and opinions after playing them all.

I think after all this time something needs to be done about the price of the first touch grind though as it still costs more than the new game :eek:
    Sure at the time of it coming out it was new and totally worth the price IMO but maybe now it needs to come down a bit.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I also have all three, and your analysis is pretty spot on :) I have to say though, I bought True Skate the day that TG Skate 2 was released and it has recieved very little attention from me in comparison to this game. The more I get comfortable with one trick set the more I want to learn and fluently pull off new lines. This game pretty well dominates all my free play time. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is my GOTY! If we get Game Center high scores for each area, line, trick etc. It will become my favorite iOS game ever ;)

13. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Is there a way to change it from goofy to regular stance? Because when I flip the board right, it says "kick flip" instead of heel flip. I skate regular IRL and this messes with my thinking a bit.

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    lol, I'm the same way. I used to skate regular foot back in the day and always hated goofy foot. It's not a huge deal, but.......you know.

15. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I just have one challenge left for the Car Park: "get 8 seconds of railtime in one rail."

How the heck do you do that? I've tried a number of different rails but I can only manage about 4 seconds before the board pops off on its own.

16. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    We have noticed the goofy/regular dilemma and have an upcoming update for the problem. :)

17. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    This one is tricky. I suggest you use the rails on the ramp between ground level and the upper floor.
    One trick to boost the rail time is start your rail when you go upwards then you will have speed upwards and gravity will pull you downwards while still railing.

18. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    By far the best skateboarding game on ios. I cant wait for more update and would pay LOTS to have more skatepark

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Agreed and agreed. Would love some new purchasable content!

20. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    The new update is sent in for review.

It is a little bit bigger update which includes:

- Video Studio
    - Bug fixes / Stability fixes
    - Physics improvements
    - Regular/Goofy switch in settings
    - Optimizations
    - New training lessons
    - Multiplayer improvements and matchmaking
    - Multiplayer statistics
    - Support for iPhone 3GS
    - New sticker

The Docks level is under construction and will be added in the next update.