Universal Touchgrind Skate 2 - (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    #61 McCREE, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    Edited

2. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    There are som various graphics enhancements but mainly the cool motion blur effect when riding or flipping fast.

3. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    1.0.1 is out and all problems with iPad and iOS 6 are solved.

Now the game works perfect on all supported devices. :)

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm loving the game, obviously, is there any way to directly access Game Center within the app?

5. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    Not at the moment but it is something we are considering adding in an update.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just pulled of an impossible and hard flip so uploaded a replay of it :D
    http://youtu.be/uzq1evOOnNc

Took ages to remember which was the hard flip i kept doing variable kick/heel flips and things. It's a kick flip with a clockwise shove it incase anyone was needing to know.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Cool, just checked it out, pro run ;)

8. _Marcus

_Marcus Active Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Sweden
    Nice replay!

A tip is to click the i - button next to a challenge to get a short video of how the trick in that challenge is done.

9. Rejera

Rejera Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Just played the game for a couple hours and MAN is this thing fun. Amazing level of polish, controls are great, and the parks are designed really well. Top notch job guys. Amazing game. Didn't have any trouble with the controls, guess I'm just a natural ;)

10. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yes, you all did a great job and took adequate care to deliver in this aspect. If anyone feels they can't figure something out: there's a video for that ;)

11. DocPop

DocPop Active Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Game Designer and Sound Designer For IgorLabs
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey there. Congrats on the new launch! I was a huge fan of the first game and even raved about it over on Appjudgment a few years back.

I was excited about the new view, but I'm really struggling with the controls (which I loved in the first TG). Keeping both fingers on the board is just really feeling uncomfortable with my arm twisted like that. Hope to get used to it, or maybe get used to using two hands to control the board.

This is definitely one of those games that's better for the iPad, but I was bummed to find out this wouldn't work on my iPad 1. The notice I get when trying to launch says "camera required" but I'm guessing that's just something they have in there to prevent iPad 1s from running (because of the lower hardware?). Anyways, if I had known about that restriction, I'm sure I would have skipped this game. Especially since it's rare for me to pay $5 for something I can't play on my iPad.

I'll try the controls out more on my iPhone, but I probably won't be getting as much play out of this as I did the original game.

12. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    We need a way to reset at a specific location. Id love to jam a specific spot over and over!

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's not obvious but get to the spot you want to, then press the location button and in the bottom left corner there's a button you can press that says set this location as restart point.
    Then You can press the restart swirly arrow thing to start from your chosen location.
    I was thinking the same thing until I found this.

14. metron

metron Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Really awesome game! Been playing the game for a few hours now and I'm starting to get more comfortable pulling of tricks. Something I'm missing though is getting some kind of feedback when I pull off a hard to do gap or transfer.

Love that your deck gets more and more scratched when you skate. Here's a picture of my deck btw.

Attached Files:

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The deck getting scratched is one of my fav nice little features. Here's my deck.

Attached Files:

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Your boards look awesome! I haven't had nearly enough time to play with my job :( Sunday I'll be trying to get mine all worn in.

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The challenge "4 stalls in 10secs" on the car park level isn't unlocking for me? I've done tons of stalls in the tiny bowl over and over and it's not completeing. Anyone else done this challenge.

18. JRich865

JRich865 Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Are the controls like BMX. Those were really easy to use.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Quite similar, if you understand skateboarding and how to pull of tricks on a real board then you should get it quick as really your just using your fingers instead of feet movements.

20. metron

metron Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I've completed that challenge but I can't unlock the "shove-it to boardslide" challenge in the first park even though I've done it several times.