Universal Touchgrind Skate 2 - (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 20, 2013.

1. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The new park reminds me of a level from shadowgun. Pretty sick

Attached Files:

2. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    Can't seem to attach multiple files from the iPad app. Here's another

Attached Files:

3. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    #203 Karl Schmidt, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    I have now reached level sponsored. But the docks is locked.

How many level-percent i need for unlock the docks?

4. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    The Docks is really disappointing, imo. It's the biggest map in the game and it's so damn crowded with random obstacles that don't flow together. It could have been awesome but there's so much stuff that doesn't make any sense.

Oh you're trying to do a line? Too bad there's a random pipe end with no purpose at all in your way.

5. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm not really enjoying the docks either, I spend more time hitting random objects than I do trying to do tricks.
    I much prefer the other skate park style levels.
    (Don't know about how the missions play as I don't do them, I just play free skate)

6. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    After completing about 30 objectives, I've got to agree with this. I can't chain any tricks together
    And the triplet bowls are crap. I can't seem to stay in any of them and spam impossibles.. It spits you out as soon as you enter

I loved the half pipe in the factory park. Could spend hours on just that
    I feel like I'm only playing in the docks to complete the objectives

7. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Yep, I finished the challenges yesterday and I don't plan on playing it again. Factory is all I need.

8. elayenwai

elayenwai Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Hope true skate doesn't disappoint with their schoolyard level

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Didn't they update this to save your YouTube login credentials? It saves my email but I still have to enter my password every time. I have gmail's 2-step verification which means I need to generate a new long-ass password every time I log in anywhere, so uploading TGS2 videos is still a major chore for me.

Please update to save your password as well, Illusion Labs!

10. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Are new skateparks planned?

Like warehouse and school-yard in True Skate.

11. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Doubt it. This company never updates their games after all the promised features have been added

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I deleted this a while ago and just went back to true skate as I prefer the controls and gameplay of that.

13. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    So that last update I got is the last and no more?

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Well judging from alll of their games from the past, yes. But I could be wrong.

15. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    A lot of people seem to like the controls of true skate more, but i find myself doing cooler tricks on touchgrind.

16. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    I find true skate's controls and physics retarded. I liked the game initially when I got it but after playing touchgrind, I haven't touched true skate
    I still play TG. Apparently I've spent 53 hours in the game so far :O

17. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    The physics are actually really good in true skate. I just do not like the way you're suppose to pull off tricks. I prefer Touchgrind because you're not suppose to fling the board freely to do a trick, you just simply fling your fingers in certain/scripted directions to do a certain trick. Plus multiplayer S.K.A.T.E. Is fun to play and the challenges feels like an actual feature to the game that you need to complete. And the board customization is awesome :)

18. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I just started with Touchgrind Skate 2 after only playing True Skate for a year (I didn't play the original Touchgrind). I jacked up my account and got annoyed with True Skate because of user error, so I figured now was as good a time as any to switch camps.

While they do play really different, I am finding that with Touchgrind I know what tricks are going to happen when I do them. My gameplay in True Skate was basically mad swiping, hoping that something awesome would happen. Missions were a nightmare because I can never figure out how to be as precise as the model.

With Touchgrind, I feel like I'm learning how the tricks actually work in real life, and that is making it get a lot easier to control a lot faster. (I have no skateboarding background.) I also like the vibrant colors and overall "game-ness" better. I'm a sucker for challenges and unlockables, so this is scratching that itch better than True Skate was.

That being said, I really enjoyed True Skate (I'm an either/or kind of guy, so I deleted it). I loved being able to play with only my thumb. And the skateparks had solid variety. I've only played in the Backyard so far on Touchgrind, but I have finished all the training and challenges there.

At the very least, my day one impression is very positive. Even with having to throw out everything I know about controlling a digital skateboard, I still like it a lot.

19. underage17

Nov 3, 2012
    #219 underage17, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    This is the main reason why I like TG so much more.
    I beat the game a while ago and have over 72 hours of gameplay, holy shit! This is what I'm riding right now.

Edit: The image didn't upload through the TA app
    http://imgur.com/qKi62UZ

On another note, I started skating in real life a month and a half ago thanks to this game!

20. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Im curious why this wasn't reviewed lol. Such a great game, haven't deleted :)