TouchArcade - The Best New Games - (by TouchArcade.com, LLC)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sanuku, May 8, 2012.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Toucharcade is going to need to figure out a way to update before iOS 11 releases. Sounds like they will be removing all 32bit apps from the App Store (toucharcade is one).

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Probably not going to happen, which will be sort of nice as we can finally do things on the front page that we've not been able to before because it'd break the app.

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #163 Intendro, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    ...That is a very good question.

Well, we apparently have a replacement for the watch list. That's good.

4. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    #164 burningzenithx, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Yeah, true. It's not the best for discovery as you have to specifically search for what you want to track. Also in terms of UI/UX it takes more steps to track something than in the Toucharcade app. Still it works.

Honestly, what I'd really like is to just use the Toucharcade website but still be able to get notifications on my iPhone, similar to how windows 10 supports website notifications. I think Chrome and/or Firefox may support this now as well. I'm ready to drop the Toucharcade app in favor of the website as long as I can still get my notifications.

Hey Eli! Is that something you guys would be able to implement? Website pushed notifications to iOS devices? Is that even possible yet in Apple's walled garden?

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Hopefully you guys can figure out a way to update and include all the new front page stuff you wanna do even if it's sneaking it past them.