TouchArcade Forums Game of the Week (GOTW for May 15th)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheFrost, May 17, 2013.

?

Which game from the following list is your GOTW?

Poll closed May 22, 2013.
  1. Bombcats

10.5%
  2. Can Knockdown 3

8.4%
  3. Frozen Synapse

31.6%
  4. Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery Ep1

3.2%
  5. Karateka Classic

4.2%
  6. Little Viking Dungeon of Doom

15.8%
  7. Manuganu

2.1%
  8. Rebirth of Fortune 2

4.2%
  9. Redline Rush

20.0%
  10. Turbo Racing League

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, Frozen Synapse is doing amazing for an iPad only game.

2. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    I haven't played the iPad version, but the PC/Mac version is awesome, so it certainly hits the ground running as a first-release on iPad.

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Frozen Synapse for me as well... Not even a difficult choice given the weeks entrants!

4. Winner for me is Redline Rush. Runner-up is Turbo Racing League

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The first two games in the list are App Store superstars, people just don't know yet.

6. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Unusual to see an iPad title take it

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Is this the first time an iPad only game is going to win? I cant recall any before... If so, Go Frozen Synapse!, a game I will buy when i get a iPad, sometime in the future...

And just a quick reminder:
    1) Devs cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.

8. I was probably going to vote for redline, but I didn't really notice this cause the ipad forum I rarely read cause it is so neglected. Sad cause I am a number one ipad fan.

But I'm gonna check up on it higher now. Thanks guys.

9. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Nope,there was an iPad exclusive game that won GOTW..It's bastion,well before it got universal through an update..I also believe that frozen synapse's release is as important for the platform as that other game...Its also as significant,as the impending release of x-com enemy unknown...

10. Yeah baby!!!! Go ipad go!

Hate how ipad only games are so neglected, it is sad.

I wish there were tons of ipad only games like Mutantstorm.

Love them, but its so sad cause there is no pr really for ipad only games. They never get promoted well. Kinda like icade, gameloft joystick, or hdmi tv for that matter.

Go ipad!!!!! Need a good starcraft or warcraft type game soon! And some good sports games like football, hockey, or basketball.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^ agreed...

Mutantstorm, Machinarium and Aquaria are the games I'm going to miss most now that my iPads gone...

But really, there's too few iPad only games. I don't know if developers just shy away from the platform because of the nature of the AppStore, or because of the smaller iPhone screen/not knowing how powerful the iPad really is, or what... But I wish more would jump on board.

Can't wait to get a 5th gen iPad.

12. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Whoa,what happened to your iPad???

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #113 TheFrost, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    Forgot about Bastion being iPad only since Im playing it :D

And I really want to play Machinarium :/

14. Yeah, since I got an ipad 3, I just may upgrade to the 5, but I'm kinda thinking I maybe I will wait for the ipad 6 cause by doing so many changes to shape, cpu/gpu updates maybe neglected.

I think ipad 6 maybe have more of a focus on being a true console machine. But who knows.

It's interesting that you are iphone only. I don't know how long I could survive just with my iphone too. Never game on it, only thing I do only iphone is read the TA chatroom and game threads, maybe some newspapers too.

Bellyfish icade support is going well. It will probably be coming out at some point. Fangz too. If you got an ipad, strongly suggest picking up an icade core joystick, tons of games are getting icade now, it really is fun. And believe it or not, girls love icade. I've been bringing it with me to social events, and all the girls love playing with me. Crazy huh??? :confused:

Tap the link in my title to go to the hdmi thread which has a of icade info, or to the icade thread.

Anyway, looks like today the icade version of mission impossible is out. I think, the update says arcade peripheral support. What the heck that means, I dunno, wish stupid apple would just let developers say icade support. Something to look forward to tonight on hdmi tv. As always if it is icade and hdmi tv support, i will take a fancy picture for you all. :)

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I had to sell it...

Our oldest is graduating in 4 days, and we were a little strapped for cash but had to get her some graduation dresses and a present...

I'm just lucky it was a 64 GB and not a 16. =oP

Saved our asses.

16. What do you know....

I am soooooooo excited!!! Hdmi with icade party tonight!

[​IMG]

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hey congratulations on the graduation! Im pretty sure that's worth losing an ipad for. But im also sure youll get a new one soon :)

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Be proud of doing that man, I have kids and know how it is.

19. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Well congratulations to your oldest..I plan on getting an iPad 5th gen aswell on the hollidays....

20. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Definitely worth selling an iPad. You'll be back in the saddle soon enough. :)

Oh, and I'll belatedly throw in for Manuganu, though I like a few others, too.