Toucharcade.com app?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Booch138, Jun 19, 2009.

1. dorino

dorino Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    THAT wouldnt be difficult. Take out the app idea and go for a mobile theme for vbul

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah of all things, and mobile version of the site would be the easiest. Like I said, I do a lot of surfing on the my iDevices, and TA is my most frequently visited site. It would just be nice to have easier forum reading and posting for the iDevices.

3. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    It would be great to have this as all the ads that they put on this site take about 3 minutes just to load on my 2g iPhone :( and then i accidentally click the ads and it takes me away from my half loaded page so i have to fully load it again

4. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    The ads would have to be included somehow as it would take away alot of earnings if we all didn't see the ads when we were on our iPhones

5. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Unless they priced it at a dollar.

6. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I'd pay a dollar for it but I wouldn't mind an ad bar at the bottom of the app like many other free games have.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I would pay about a dollar for it as well, but i actually wouldn't mind the Ads for once. I mean sure they get kind of repetative, but I mean at least its advertisements for games and stuff, and not garbage apps and what not.

8. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Yeah. We need a TouchArcade App. It would only make this site that much more epic.

9. fazfznz

fazfznz Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Student
    California
    No word yet from Mods or Admins

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    And it's been that way. It's understandable if they don't want to get involved. I am sure they just dont want to have anyone code it mainly because they would have to choose who to do it. I am sure they have had quite a few people offer to code it, but picking between them would be hard.

Whatever the reason, it sucks, but what are we gunna do.

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I for one prefer safari instead of an App for TA. Only coz iPhone cant multitask. a dedicated app will make browsing this site even better, but at the cost of not being able to surf any other website without quitting the app. It would be better if TA improves it`s mobile version of the site then going for an app. But even in its current form the forums are easily accessible through mobile safari as far as browsing goes. Except when it comes to making a post. I always end up writing the replies in the Notes app and then copy/paste it in safari. But the TA blog is too heavy on content for iPhone and it`s never a pleasurable experience to visit it via safari. In any case since most of the times it`s the forums we visit and not the blog, that also aint much of a problem either.

12. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I understand why simply adjusting the online mobile version of the site would work, but the native application I'm thinking of would win any day.

Think "Facebook for iPhone". Tab bar at bottom, logo at top. The tab bar allows you easily switch between "Articles", "Forums", "PM's", "Search", and "Options". The forums would have clear to see buttons for logging in and out, starting threads and more. Search would let you specifically find what your looking for, be it a thread or an old featured game. In options, you could change font sizes, article length, saved data, etc etc.

I could go on forever about what would work, but it's all talk for the time being. Like mentioned earlier, it would depend on an amazing UI - and not anyone could do it, so amateur programmers, give it up.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    *Presses home, Closing TA app* *open's up safari*

Problem solved. (but I get your point)

I for one don't browse the internet on my iPod as much as I do with TA. In fact TA and my bank account (which is soon getting an app as well) are the only two sites I really visit (especially on a regular basis). Like I said, I don't mind using Safari to browse TA, I just have an idea for the app (pretty much exactly how BulletDev said it) that would be simple looking, organized, and efficient. It doesnt matter if I can browse anything else on the app (I could just use safari for anything else). But yeah, for people who use the net all the time and shift between 3 or 8 different pages of the net on Safari, I could see a .mobile version being much better. I would just vote for an app.

14. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    If there was a toucharcade app I would pay a dollar or I wouldn't mind adds on a free version. Push notifications would be a great idea.

15. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Exactly...

16. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
  17. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I think it's finally coming!

Arn's Tweet: looking for iphone dev to do some contract work on iphone app (not a game). email [email protected] thanks.

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Great news. Though I dont think I`d be using that app much as mobile version is good enough for now and it doesnt need me to switch between apps everytime I want to check out something on appshopper.com

Now if only that app would combine not just the forums but appshopper too :eek:. That`d be awesome enough for me to pay for it if required :D:D

19. redgaz26

redgaz26 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2008
    #39 redgaz26, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    whats the mobile site address??

found it but no forums????
    its awful

20. You know, this is ironic, but I am actually the one that got arn's attention. :p Maybe?