iPad Touch Physics

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Armbruster, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Any good, minions?

2. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    I'm not sure there are any minions in that game ;)

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
  4. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Wow, where has this game been hiding? I'd love to see seom first hand reviews folks. Where's Arn, doesn't he buy every app in the store?

5. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Member

Oct 21, 2008
  6. richard9826

richard9826 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Touch Physics WOW!

> Wow, where has this game been hiding? I'd love to
    > see seom first hand reviews folks. Where's Arn,
    > doesn't he buy every app in the store?

The game only became available on iTunes last night. I was one
    of the first to review it, it's had three 5 star reviews already. It's amazing,
    there's is no other adjective to describe it. It's SO addiciting, that I almost
    destroyed my iPhone yesterday while playing it.

I emailed the developer today to ask for a level editor, he said that he has one ready for prime time in a future upgrade if enough people purchase
    this game.

You can see their video on youtube at http://www.gamez4touch.com

It's great that if you complete all levels (28 and 29 are real tough), you
    can change the physics to make the game even harder !

Get it now before they put the price up, you will not regret it one bit !

7. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I bought it... I'll let you know

8. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah It's definitely...dare I say it...ADDICTIVE!!!

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I'm interested. However, on the video we only see that the person on the video draws a circle, nothing more.

Is there more interaction required?
    Otherwise I think this is a game that can be finished really quickly. From the fact that people have already reached the final levels, this won't be a game that takes a few days to complete, right?

10. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #10 snow_mani, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
    Yeah, I saw the video and thought the same..

But I coughed up the buck anyway.

I've only been playing for a short time. I found the first levels fairly easy. You can draw any shape you want. And more than one. You can try whatever you want to move the purple circle into the yellow star. EDIT: to clarify: you can draw a shape or shapes that interact with the circle or any of the other items already on the screen. All of them react to the physics in the game. Most of them (I think except for the star) are movable. You have to devise a way to get the circle past any obstructions or over any void spaces to reach the yellow star.

I've had to attempt a couple of levels more than once as the solutions I could see for those levels required quick drawing. So far it has been a mixture of really easy and obvious, more complicated, slow responses are OK for some levels where you can take your time, and on others you need to act fast.

Now I am "stuck" on level 15. Frustrating but fun.

The concept is pretty amazing. Kinda like Trace in that you draw a solution to move the circle from the starting point to the star, but also like Jelly Car because there is physics in play. I don't have the other games mentioned in an earlier post so I can't compare it to them.

Based on my progress so far, it is a great demonstration of the capabilities of the iphone/ipod touch. I think it is well worth $1 and I expect to get a few hours enjoyment from it. I also think it will turn out to be one of those apps that you use to show off your iphone to your friends...

11. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the small review. :)

12. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Just beat all 30 levels

But it's still great app for only $1

13. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Gee that was quick!

Well done rootbeersoup! :)

I'm getting there too. Up to level 24. Still good fun. I keep looking at the screen and thinking 'How the heck am I gonna get it out of there!'

I've discovered that you can't draw just any shape. I tried to do a crescent shape (like a half moon) thinking I could nudge the circle and cause it to roll upwards if I got it going fast enough, but my crescent shapes kept being changed to half circles.... I still figured it out that level in the end though.

14. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah it would allow for tons of more creativity if it allowed for concave shapes and such

But it got to the point where you can just draw random shapes and still be able to beat the level. Not a whole lot of strategy needed----Which is a shame. Hopefully some sort of update will allow for concave shapes

15. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Finished! YAY!

Yay! I finished!

I was nearly yelling outloud at levels 28 and 29. How unfair was the designer of this game to think of doing that on those levels? Hah, it felt good to finish them.

Very simple overall and now I am hungry for more.

Yep, concave shapes would be a good improvement. As would a game where you could draw your own cars to race, or a bulldozer to move something. There's an idea for all you developers and game designers out there.

16. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #16 BrettArchibald, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
    Does anyone know if you can create "hinges" or "pivots" for objects, so that they swing around, like they do on that video link above?

Or is it simply falling objects?

17. richard9826

richard9826 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Touch Physics WOW!

>Just beat all 30 levels
    >But it's still great app for only $1

I've just completed too (took me 12 hours in total to get to 30), I swear, I've
    worn the "glass" off the front of my screen from furiously drawing different
    shapes. :)

Now I've changed the physics settings in the Settings App, changed "Gravity"
    and "Bounce" to 100% and I'm playing through again. Way tougher, tons
    more game play left. Looks like I could be playing this forever with be able to change the physics. WOW ! :D

This game is way tougher when you change the physics settings from
    the default. Much better than iPhysics, graphics are better and gameplay is
    cleaner. Tons more game play left in this one.

Still can't believe this is so cheap for the amount of gameplay that's in it.

18. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Your sales job is complete - I'm convinced and buying before they increase the price.
    I love physics games. That friggin line rider is the death of my free time!

19. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Hmm ok, that does it. I'm getting it as well. If tweaking the physics really adds significant replay value than it should be worth the dollar, and hopefully we'll see the level editor soon! :D

20. spmwinkel

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    LOL! So funny, richard convinced us both at the same time.

@nickels - how is Line Rider? Are there puzzles in it? (The Windows Mobile version has them)
    And isn't it very unprecise to draw lines with your fingers? (I'm used to using the stylus on Windows Mobile)