iPad TOUCH GRIND or AMATUER SURGEON

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hyprhypr, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Hyprhypr

Hyprhypr Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Im leaving tomorrow night to europe and i already bought war inc .and LOVE IT, But i think i also need to get a quick pick up game -honest opinions and suggestive comparisons anyone and would be greatly appreciated,,,, and thanks in advance for any helpful comments .

2. michaelvaleriani

michaelvaleriani New Member

Nov 2, 2008
    amateur surgeon

3. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    2nd one lol

4. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Touchgrind, its tons of fun, no matter how long you play

5. star

star Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Amateur Surgeon.

6. Hyprhypr

Hyprhypr Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I see ,i played the flash version but i just saw te touchgrind videos on youtube its pretty impressive , i appreciate everys suggestions but i think the touchgrind sold me with the physics

7. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    TouchGrind is pretty much a flashy tech demo. Not a whole lot of gametime there.

It's cool to show off to friends, but that's about it.

8. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Wrong choice,actually is just a damned demo.
    Yes the video are cool,the fisic also,but you can do only 4 tricks,you can only skate in one park,there are no achievements,nothing to do except the same damned trick.
    And you can unlock al the board in about 15 minutes.

9. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I must be really bad at the game then:(

10. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Regarding BadSantas post:

That is a major overstatement actually. If you really want me to, i could name all of the tricks possible, theres around 50. And the physics are amazing, very lifelike. The parks are, indeed, few, but an online park editor is already being added into one of the next updates, as well as countless other features. This includes board editors, and more unlockable boards as well. The boards take a little over 15mins to unlock btw, as there is a decent learning curve, even after learning the different finger movements.

11. BadSanta

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    #11 BadSanta, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    If you repeat a trick (i'am not sure because the game dont show the name of the tricks,maybe the one called "impossible that is very easy to do despite is name) you get a multiplier and in 15 minutes unlock all the boards.
    Then,the park"s" is not right,the park"s" is ONE.
    Please name me some tricks that arent a combination of the same damned 4/5 basic tricks/grind.
    So,IF and WHEN they add more parks,some achievements,more tricks and more boards I'll be happy to change my opinion.
    So far has been my worst purchase.

ps.yes the physics are great,and the controls are cool.

12. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008

Well, first off, theres one training park, a jam session park, and a competition park. Second, the point is to combinde diffrent tricks, but i wasnt even talking about grinds when i thought about those 50. But some basic, non combinded tricks- Kickflip, Heelflip, Shove it, Ollie, Nollie, Impossible, Boardslide, Darkslide, Crook, 50-50, Noseslide, Tailslide, 5-0, and others. Basiacally, any trick you can do in real life can be done. Excluding, of course, tricks involving the use of wour hands (Handplants, Sal flip, ect). And it is guarenteed that many more updates will improve the game even further. Also, the scoring system is actually made so that you have to vary your tricks to get maximim points, just as an fyi.

13. BadSanta

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    #13 BadSanta, Dec 20, 2008
    Ok,you can do various tricks,that was my mistake.Or not? Because I don't know the skateboard tricks and the game don't display any name.
    And the tutorial show only some basic tricks.
    I've to learn to skate first and then I'll can enjoy the game. LOL
    3 parks?Are you kidding?
    The training park is just an empty park with 3 obstacle.
    The jam and the competion park are the same,the SAME park,if there is a difference I can not see it.
    The other points of my description is still valid.
    I suppose you're a developer right?

14. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    There's no way that's the developer of Touch Arcade. If it was, you'd at least see it in his signature. The developers of that game have made SO much money on their other game, "Labrynth." I'm pretty sure they don't have time to be posting on Touch Arcade forums, haha.

Back on topic, Touchgrind is way more fun than I was expecting. If you can skateboard in real life, you'll be surprised at how accurate the tricks are. I love the game :) I highly recommend it before the price goes up (unless it already has).

15. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    dude. the devs r nice. email them. the email adress is at touchgrind.com
    they are nice and will reply once they are awake.

16. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    Get amateur surgeon. I own both, and though touchgrind is nice, amateur surgeon is def better for a trip setting. It's a sit down and play game with levels and goals. Touchgrind takes too long to master for a trip imho.

17. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #17 istopmotion, Dec 20, 2008
    I know they're nice. They listen to feedback and they're great.

I think I may have confused you, because I was just letting BadSanta know that guy isn't the developer of TouchGrind. I also said they were too busy. They have some big games, so I can't imagine them having time in the day to post on the TA about their games.

I hope that clears things up.

Again, I highly recommend TouchGrind. It's fantastic

18. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I don't have either of them, but I used to love tech decks so I would have to go with touchgrind. I played it on my friends ipod and it's great fun.

19. BadSanta

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Dev have a private life,and this is the best forum of iphone/touch gaming.
    His answer and his diplomacy really make me think that he's a dev of ILabs.
    Maybe I only need to go to bed :)

20. im_irish

im_irish Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Is this even a question?
    TOUCHGRIND