iPad Touch Grind Competition (Score & Fav boards)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Lab, Nov 27, 2008.

1. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I downloaded it like 20 minutes ago and spent 15 of those minutes struggling and then I figured it out.

324,472 need 5 more boards

Favorite board so far: IN BLOOM

I was just curious about the scores and if anyone has gotten all the boards yet?

2. The Lab

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    Got another board!

I'm actually surprised that there isn't any comments. I thought for sure a lot of you out there bought the game and were playing it?

3. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

I can't figure it out. I cant seem get the tricks landed on time or anything, I end up just bouncing off everything. Any help?

4. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Have been too busy playing it to comment on this thread! :D

Have got 7 new boards so far. Divine Spirit the latest. High score 340,150, haha! Just ahead of you! ;)

5. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    #5 daniglue, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
    Finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. theofonseca

theofonseca New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    just easy

have 1.500.000 point in competition is easy, a dare you guys beat me in free jam session doing more than 1.500.000 points in a single trick. :)

Attached Files:

7. The Lab

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    You didn't use the grind glitch did you?

8. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

#8 Mahaa93, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
    how does that grind glitch work? I can't seem to figure it out :mad:

Edit: I did the glitch, and i instantly received 999,999,999 points while on the rail. after, i went to the main menu and everything had been reset, losing all of my saved progress i.e-scores, unlocked boards, etc. -.-

9. xx3tre6flip0xx

xx3tre6flip0xx New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Touch Grind Rail Glitch

can anybody explain to me how the rail glitch works?

THANK YOU!

10. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #10 Chase, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    Best Trick: 34,942
    2 1/2 kickflips onto a rail, then a darkslide, then 2.5 kickflips back off. The best rail is the yellow one directly to the left from where you start, in my opinion

Competition Score: 708,525

If you want me to upload screenshots I can. :p

I like that Mushi Mushi board. But I seem to do best with Divine Spirit... that or Kakkoii. I think they both have better chances of landing tricks so that could be why.

You basically just get lucky and somehow get caught in between the corners on the gray rail directly to the right from where you start. Then it just keeps racking up points until you decide to jump back off.

11. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I had 3,000,000 some and I went to get off the rail and down goes my board sidways. Very Very angry. I dont know if it was the rail glitch or not. Tell me and Ill describe what I did.

12. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    If it was in one trick, it was most likely the rail glitch. You basically just sort of sit on a rail and slide back and forth and rack up points.

13. The Lab

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I still need two boards... but I'll try that Jam session score!

14. noah21c

noah21c Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yep that was it

15. accidental

accidental Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Here are my best scores. No grind glitching used at all.

With my Competition score, my last trick got me over 900,000 points! I couldn't believe it, it was some insane darkslide rail with flips and shove-its at either end, while I had 8x multiplier!

Ever since I got my best Jam Session trick score, I haven't been able to come close. It was another multi-kickflip/shoveit>long rail darkslide>multi-kickflip/shoveit. I have no idea how many times my board flips/rotates, I can't count that fast :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I just went from (high scores) 1.1 million points to 9.1 million points. Somehow, I got the grinding glitch some people are talking about. When I landed at the end, I made it just in time for 9.1 million points, but when I got to the main menu, all my high scores were reset...

Dumb game... :(

17. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i got 1.7 million on the competition and 90 thousand on the single trick. I got my competition score with the king board, great all around board. I like the devil one but it seems too sensitive and you have to land your trick at the perfect time. The key to getting a high score is to get a good multiplier quick and early and maintain that throughout the entire round.

18. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Thats what happened to me, except my score went to 999,999,999

19. oceanbeachsteve

Dec 5, 2008
    Film Writer, Actor, Producer
    Colorado
    My Highest Score

I know it's probably not the highest, but was my best run. Once you get that devil board, the points just add up quickly... I can't believe how HIGH you get on that board, it's like it's gonna bust out the screen! And I'm testing a trick theory on that board that makes it where you land all your tricks depending on how your ride it.

Once I figure out how to do the grind glitch, I'm gonna see how high I can get in points with the multiplier (I know, not the right way, but it would be sweet to have like a score in the hundred millions).

Attached Files:

20. sirisaacx

sirisaacx Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    A bit off topic, and I hate to derail the thread, but how is the game? Worth it? God knows I need to spend some more money on iPhone apps.