Touch DJ #1 APP FOR DJ

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by caubetocdaido, Nov 17, 2009.

1. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Anyone know what the server option in the main menu is for? I read the fine manual, but I don't recall seeing any mentions about it...

2. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    i recall the sever being used for uploading music over wifi(never used it tho)

3. decibel120

decibel120 Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Any suggestions on where to buy a 3.5 L/R splitter? I can only find Y-Splitters that don't seperate the channels.

4. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Radioshack & (worst) Bestbuy should have them (in the US)....Amazon sells them too

5. decibel120

decibel120 Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I found an adapter at Radioshack today, but I'll add an extension female to male 3.5mm cable to it as I don't feel comfortable about having a rather large adapter sticking out of the input.

6. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

price : 19,99$

Price is 19 thousand dollars?
    OUCH

7. phonk

phonk Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Wow, what an ugly icon for such a pricy app. I liked noise.to, not the icon (though it looks not as cheap but it's still ugly.. damn i put THAT one on the last page just because it looked so amateurish), but the app it self, but there were some interface/usability problems. Don't know if they got it right for an "live" dj-tool. Will there be a light version?

But it doesn't look bad from the video/screenshots. Does the visual beatmatching work fine? Is it "snappy" (no lag etc) enough? Wouldn't some overlapping horizontal lines (from one rack to the other) help syncing the tracks?

8. Ducayne

Ducayne Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    TV/Film Production
    NYC
    so I have VERY minimal experience DJing but I'm very tempted to pick this up. Is it somewhat newcomer friendly? Are there any guides?

9. Ducayne

Ducayne Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    TV/Film Production
    NYC
  10. android

android New Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Developer
    Canada
    Looks decent, although I think it'd be hard to mix certain genres using visual cues alone. If you used the stereo splitter for audio cueing, wouldn't you end up with mono output for the speakers?

11. positron9

positron9 Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I'm curious about this as well!

12. franny

franny Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    nyc
    First off, this app is on sale currently for $14.99.

I see you changed the description to say limits instead of broadens, but I have to warn you that a lot of DJs are obsessive compulsive and will be turned off by your lack of knowledge regarding what a brake function does on a turntable. Like the brakes on a vehicle, it slows down the motion. A break is a loop, I don't think this is what you mean.