Touch DJ #1 APP FOR DJ

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by caubetocdaido, Nov 17, 2009.

1. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #41 djflippy, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  2. franny

franny Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    nyc
    Is the EQ full kill?

Also, two questions about the description: "Traditionally iPhone and iPod Touch have only one stereo audio output which broadens the possibility of using them as a DJ device."
    Do you mean limits?

And, I have never heard of a "break" effect. Does it mean "brake?" As in stopping the track by gradually slowing it down rather than abruptly? Or is it some kind of stutter?

@Dark NRG, thanks for the reply, I definitely think that this device is changing the game dramatically, it reminds me of an Aphex Twin interview I read where he said he wouldn't play out until his kit could fit inside a matchbox. Obviously that wasn't quite accurate but it looks like the possibility is approaching.

3. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    That looks awesome! Thanks for getting my attention on this!

Hope I win :rolleyes:

4. decibel120

decibel120 Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Has anyone experimented on a iPhone 3G for speed?

More importantly, has anyone experimented with an iPhone 3G with the Y-Splitter?

Sadly I'm stuck with a 3G for the time being and although the visual mixing is impressive, in a live setting I'd really like to be able to cue.

I'm just worried that as the manual has stated a 3Gs is recommended for Split mode, my 3G won't cut it, or suffer lags or crashes (which would be terrible live :( )

5. Baddy

Baddy New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I have been waiting for this app ever since I purchased my iPhone 3gs in June, I've searched for dj apps and searched google endlessly looking for some reviews and I was getting no where, then in October I read a review of this app and ever since then the first thing I would do in the morning would be to search the app store for this app.

I'm a complete novice to DJing but I have so many ideas that I want to implement, however the reason why I haven't purchased it yet is because I think it may be too complicated for me to get my head around, was hoping to use the promo codes above but they all seem to be for the US app store, would love to try it but don't want to waste £12

For a complete novice is this an app I could get my head around?

6. AmidioInc

AmidioInc Member

Aug 5, 2009
    DJ Flippy

Thanks for the video, we have a few comments/questions...

1) The green << >> arrows work like "seek" while track is stopped and like "push on the vinyl a little" when the track is playing to get the tracks in sync

2) The smal button between the pitch buttons reverts the pitch back to 0.00%

3) How are you going to give people promocodes when you're actually not supposed to have them? ;)

4) I suppose you haven't used the usb companion apps to get your music via usb?

---

The split function works fine on 3G. Just make sure you use 160-192 kbps mp3s. The main difference between the devices is different loading times of the songs.

7. AmidioInc

AmidioInc Member

Aug 5, 2009
    It's really easy. Heh, the manual for Noise.io took 43 pages. Manual for Hexatone is 10 pages, and for Touch DJ it's only 2 pages :D

Take a look and decide if that's acceptable for you:
    http://amidio.com/dj/Touch-DJ-1.0-User-Manual.pdf

8. Baddy

Baddy New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    with the risk of sounding cheap here, do you gave any uk trial codes? :$

9. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I am unaffiliated with whomever made this video and don't have the app or code, let alone any to give away. :)

I was excited about your app, wanted to get the word out to people, and found the video on youtube.

I also added a link to the primary place where we look for music apps on Touch Arcade: [thread=890]Apps for Musicians[/thread]

10. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

So... little nervous now about performance on a 3G. Is it just split mode that chugs on a non-3gs?

The manual mentioned some tips such as going into flight mode, etc.. which would be no problem for me if I were going to use this for a long session. Have you found that helps performance on a 3G match that of the 3GS? :confused:

11. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Promo codes only work in the US bro

12. Baddy

Baddy New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I'm going to take the plunge and buy it then, give if a chance and see what I can't do, cheers

13. Negamaki

Feb 3, 2009
    At first you may seem a bit overwhelmed with the controls, but it gets easy very quickly to understand how to do everything. If u have any questions, u can always ask us TA members or even the dev himself on the forum. :)

14. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #54 Dark NRG, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    +1 Aphex Twins :D

I'm only having slight load delays, not much problems, I mean nothing that I think would make problems live, but I'm not a DJ. Gonna have my dj friend mess with it tomorrow, see what he thinks.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions my friend LMFAO :p
    I wish you had this, your so good at your thorough reviews on TA!

Edit:
    AHHHHHH!! OMG, I just watched the video that DJ Flippy put up! The DJ button at the top (ok, i didnt really read the two page manual yet, ok?!?) I've been trying to figure out how to switch mix between the two tracks! I musta pushed that SOB button a hundred times... you SLIDE IT left and right according to the video! DOH!
    I'm so happy now!!!! thanks for finding and posting that vid Flippy! :D

15. decibel120

decibel120 Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I just grabbed it. So far I'm impressed. Had it crash once, but it was in the setup menu.

I haven't used the desktop program but I added music via Wifi with no problems.

Very impressed so far.

16. AmidioInc

AmidioInc Member

Aug 5, 2009
    DJFlippy,

Oh, I'm so sorry, I actually thought you made that video. My bad! :D

17. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Is it sad, that I get overly excited anytime Amidio posts hoping that it's another promo giveaway? Lol.

18. AmidioInc

AmidioInc Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Can you reproduce the circuimstances of the crash?

Because this version has been tested for a couple of week continuous use, not a single crash ;) our QA department went crazy about that.

But users always discover something new.

19. franny

franny Active Member

Oct 7, 2009
    nyc
    Just trying to help/get questions answered...

20. Negamaki

Feb 3, 2009
    Hey Amidio, I posted a 5 star review under the name EnthusiasticAppUser on iTunes and it's now showing up. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention, I can't get the Twitter feature to work. Everytime I try to login it gives me an error to the affect of "lost connection" or something like that. Other than that, I don't have a single complaint with Touch DJ- it's simply amazing.

Now... All I need to do is get my hands on Noise .io haha. :D