Touch Arcade, moderators, and us - members...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by pante, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I don't see how that is threatening of a ban.

2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    with my post i wanted to start a discussion how can we make this place even better. there was no need i guess cause everybody is talking about me (and not TA)... thank you all for all your love!

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

To be fair you do have a pretty confusing signature that is pointing people to this thread while working up some kind of martyr complex that you're being "threatened". I'm not sure if you're just trying to start drama or what, but I don't think it's working.

4. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    #24 CDubby94, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
    You guys made my day.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Haha, wow, this topic made me kind of laugh. Pante, you seem like you have good intentions, and it's admirable for you to want to spread so much peace and love to everyone. But this free website does not owe any of us anything. I didn't pay to sign up, I come here to get news and discuss games with my peers and TA is currently the best place to do that. There are loads of iPhone sites now, but currently TA is still the best. That can change at any moment, however, especially when sites grow as much as TA has recently. But we are lucky that Arn and Blake and all the Mods put together such a great site for all of us, I feel it's a privilege for us to come here and post whatever we want (within reason). And what Hodapp says is true, the mods volunteer and could just as easily be doing a number of different things. But they choose to spend time here and babysit the forums. And babysit is quite a good description of what they do. And I think all the mods do a really great job, and I've seen them explain why they did a certain thing to lots of members before, probably just as an added courtesty. But they get busy, and can't explain everything to everyone. Again, this website does not owe us anything. If you don't like the way it's moderated, nobody is forcing you to come here!

I mean honestly, this is an internet forum, it's not some government. I don't think you can compare Hodapp moving a thread to Bush bombing Iraq. That is harsh! I think some people here take their TA lifestyle WAY too seriously. If anybody feels like they could do a better job, then start up your own website. :p

6. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Your post does seem a tad melodramatic, pante. I have occasional (or perhaps more than occasional) concerns about the way TA is run, but honestly, I have never felt like my concerns were falling on deaf ears. The mods are only human and there is this section dedicated to feedback. All things considered, I think they are doing a fine job.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    First, I'm not saying you are wrong or right, pante.

I have had some preaty "heated" flame-fests on TA in the past. I've created less than useful threads, and occasionally done so in the wrong area. Some threads and posts have been lacking in detail and content.

I've only recieved one warning from Arn in the 7 months that I've frequented the site. I've had some very good "times" here and gained alot of knowledge about alot of topics. I've also "met" some really cool personalities (edng and Big Albie come to mind :D ), including some mods and Blake, Arn and Hodapp.

Things have changed, but they're not bad or necessarily restrictive. When we can't use our own judgement wisely, mods are in place to resolve issues. It's practical.

Btw, salsamd, thanks for picking up my slack all those times:eek:

8. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    you should change your id to God. i hope some day you will focus on what you're doing better - Reviewing.

members:
    i understand your view, my signature was specially written that way. just wanted to start a discussion about making ta better, cause i believe it can be better. you guys are happy with the way it is now? ok, your choice.

oh and boardumb... there was a reason i put ;) in the "bush" line... ;)

9. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    ...let it go... you're trying to turn a molehill into a mountain and it all seems a bit overdramatic...

10. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Agreed your beating this topic into the ground after it stopped benefiting TA a while ago.

11. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

#31 jchampl, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
    once we realize that we are guests on this forum, and it can be run however the owners of the forum see fit, then it's alot easier to just sit back and relax.

I was full of piss and vinegar when one of my threads got locked over a repost, I was pissed at hodapp, but once I got an explanation I was cool. I regret even saying anything now. Crap happens on this forum. No mod or admin has it out for anyone on this forum, and they can't be perfect. So what they messed up and locked mine, or whatever happened. life goes on.

hopefully no person's life depends on what happens on this forum.

even companies like google aren't run at 100% efficency, so you can't expect a couple admins and a couple mods to do a perfect job either. I think if you just relax and if a higher power says cool it, and you do that, then you will be A O K

it sucks to get scolded, but you can't take it personally.

12. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Pante, I think you're one of the coolest guys here, but I agree that this may be going too far. If I didn't like you I wouldn't be bothering to post this. I noticed that on the Zenonia thread you brought up Hodapp in a negative way, and I didn't notice him forcing his opinion on others. I don't know if the infraction was for that but it does seem like you're picking on Hodapp.

Can't we all just get along? :)

13. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    but was i insulting him? and when he "brought up" thing against me that was cool?

14. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    How about we all start fresh and go enjoy ourselves some Zenonia :D

15. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Pante, How many different ways do you need to be told you can accept the way TA is moderated or leave?

16. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    nah, this is not my type of game. thanks though :)

17. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    THAT'S why you got the infraction!! :eek:

;) :p

18. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    oh, i see... :) so we're all cool now! :D

19. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

pante, I'm not sure you really needed to share that.

you know you are my polish homeboy right? but.....

isn't there any way you can just let things like this go? I really don't think anybody has it out for you, and I think if you can just post on topic for awhile things will blow over. I want you to stay here and I'm afraid if this continues, you wont. :(