Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (September 5) [Corrected]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Sep 10, 2013.

?

What was your favorite release the week of September 5th?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2013.
  1. Giant Boulder of Death

6.3%
  2. Call of Duty: Strike Team

30.5%
  3. Zombie Highway: Driver's Ed

4.2%
  4. Bombcats: Special Edition

7.4%
  5. Ultima IV: C64

5.3%
  6. Arma Tactics

5.3%
  7. Mecho Wars HD

2.1%
  8. 2013: Infected Wars

5.3%
  9. Ancient Battle: Rome

28.4%
  10. Siege Hero Wizards

5.3%
  1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Oh dear, hope we don't see spam posts in other threads to remain "active ". I appreciate the dev's honesty and do like their games. Just am not so confident in the honesty of said posters.

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Wow...
    Vive Roma no more.
    I voted for CoD.
    Reminded me of BF2.
    Kinda.

3. Trihan

Trihan New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    I registered to vote, mainly because I think it will be brilliant if Ancient Battles beats Call of Duty, but I'd like to assure you that the vote is genuine and I intend to stay active here.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thank you, welcome aboard.

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Giant Boulder Of Death gets my vote because I had much more fun with it then with Zombie Highway

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I had my progress reset a couple times so i didnt consider it for my vote which i shouldve.

7. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    CoD for me ;) tbh honest might have been ARMA but it crashes toooo much

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Funny, I wondered the same thing... how "active" does one have to be to not be a shill? One log in every 12 hours? One post every 24 hours? Curious. Meh, whatever.

Anyhoo, I unabashedly voted for ZH:DE. The franchise took something I didn't particularly enjoy (runners) and made it fresh and fun. The latest version feels like a well-thought-out variation on the theme. As such, it does what it does, unapologetically, and quite entertainingly as well.

Add to that a very cool developer, and yeah. Done. My horse probably won't win, but I'll feel good about myself. :p;):D

DBC

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Should any member be able to point out that accounts were created to vote and subsequent posts on that account were spam just to rig the poll then those votes would be disqualified in accordance with the spirit of GOTW rules. I can amend the original post with whatever exclusionary criteria the community consensus feels is warranted. However, that's an awefully hypothetical case that is far outside the normal pattern. There's not been an example of user(s) creating new account(s) just to vote AND spam posting to seem legitimate that I am aware of. Spam posts do now seem involved in the present case either. It's just as possible, if not more, new users might see the forum and become active.

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Here is a final outcome in vote counting, excising developer votes and new otherwise inactive accounts:

First Place: Call of Duty: Strike Team (29 votes)
    Second Place: Ancient Battle: Rome (15 votes)
    Third Place: Bombcats: Special Edition (7 votes)

Comments/corrections are welcomed.