Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (September 26)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Sep 28, 2013.

?

What Was Your Favorite Release the Week of September 26th?

1. Boson X

28.8%
  2. Shadow Vamp

12.1%
  3. Reaper - Tale of a Pale Swordsman

12.1%
  4. Amigo Pancho

1.5%
  5. Apple Dash

4.5%
  6. Pocket Trains

10.6%
  7. Shadowrun Returns

22.7%
  8. Trouserheart

1.5%
  9. Hookball

1.5%
  10. Cat on a Diet

4.5%
  1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I decided to go that direction as well. I have a feeling Boson X will win and it will deserve it. But I also love the creativity in Shadow Vamp and ultimately did spend more time with it (probably died and restarted in Boson X WAY more times though. LOL.). Also love Gamesmold (bring on a Blood Roofs sequel baby!).

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Shadowrun. One of the few games that will permanently be on my device.

3. best

best Well-Known Member

Boson X, havent had a game this addictive in a long time.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Shadowrun Returns easily for me.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Vote for Shadow Vampire

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Woah! Surprisingly big jump for Shadowrun Returns. Guess that kills any hope of Shadow Vamp coming in second.

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

1. Boson X
    2. Reaper - Tale of a Pale Swordsman
    3. Trouserheart

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I understand where it comes from. It's a pretty addictive RPG that actually strongly reminds me of Fallout 1 and 2, but for me, the lack of sounds killed what couldve been a richer experience.

That kind of glitch isnt something that'll take a great game to my GotW list, even if i'd played the hell out of it.

I virtually rate games through Visuals, Sounds, Gameplay and it's Impact on me, and on Shadowrun Returns, that's 1 out of 4 criteria missing.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #50 awp69, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    ^^ Yeah, I get that about Shadowrun.

Another week with pretty low vote counts. I was also wondering in regards to Shadow Vamp whether coming out early in the GoTW cycle hurt it. When it came out, it seemed like everyone was raving about it. And just four votes?

Have a feelin this week's vote will be slower yet. Very weak week IMO. Right now Nakama is the only game I like out of the releases.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've picked up a couple of good games recently (Apple Dash is one) but the last month or so seems to have been very very quiet for releases for me personally. At one stage i was spending $20 a week getting new games, now its just a trickle.

Says a lot when the game i've played most the last week is an old gameboy game on that emulator which lasted a day.

I mean i have so many games i'm going back to play old favourites, i mean i have LOADS and its amazing how many quality games there are. But for me it has slowed to a trickle the last month

11. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Well isn't Monster Adventures by FM coming out soon? Yeah I'll be voting for that one once I get it :D

I haven't got anything new and have just been playing Vice City again.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Boson X really surprised me. I really liked Super Hexagon too. Somehow though, I've been just addicted to Boson X. And to think I was going to pass on this game initially..but the more I tried the PC version, eventually somehow I got hooked. Haven't played..or even felt the urge to play anything else since getting this game. I was also worried about the controls on the iOS version...but adjusted quickly and find them fine. Sometimes I like playing without the sound as it can get too intense with sound. ;-)

I just unlocked the last world..and boy it's crazy. I don't think I'll ever beat the last world as it seems so fast...but I'll probably be stubborn and try to beat it.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried Level 22? It's awesome... Easy candidate for best iOS stealth game. Only flaw, is that it doesnt have auto-rotating orientation. :)

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #55 undeadcow, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Rats. Forgot poll auto-close end date so will contact a moderator to edit if possible (or at least lock the thread); otherwise the poll will be forever open.

Here are the end of poll tallies, for the record, reflecting "official" results. No further votes will be counted.

15. Congrats Boson X!

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Damn, undeadcow, you couldn't have waited just a tiny bit longer so that that seventh vote for Shadow Vamp could have tied it for third. :(

Well, Boson X is a great game so congrats to its devs!

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Whenever a game places by votes as low as 7 (sometimes lower) it gives me pause because 7 is such a low number and not much different than other games that received less votes (1 away from 4th or 5th place). A lot of times GOTW seems to end with one title in the lower margins like this and I'm inclined to think of it as a fluke because there's no sizeable majority agreement on one title over the other for the bottom ranking. In some cases I've considered omiting third place when the vote count was really low but ultimately it seems better to just keep three places no matter what even if that final place doesn't necessarily reflect a trend among TA users.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I understand. Sadly, voting was very slow overall.