Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (Sept 3)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What was your favorite release the week of September 3rd?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2015.
  1. Raider Rush

8.8%
  2. The Deer God

23.5%
  3. Swap Cops

5.9%
  4. Electro Ball - Avoid the Shocks!

8.8%
  5. Power Ping Pong

14.7%
  6. Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville

29.4%
  7. Seashine

8.8%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Here is the outcome of nominations:

Raider Rush 3
    Deer God 3
    Swap Cops 3
    Electro Ball - Avoid The Shocks! 2
    Power Ping Pong 2
    Rebuild 2
    Seashine 2
    --------------------------Poll Cut-off--------------------------
    Pokemon Shuffe Mobile
    Food Street
    Blocky Highway
    Unkilled
    Warriors duel
    Arcane Quest Adventures
    Worms
    Beam Space
    Fishy Bits
    Road Rush Racer
    I Am Bread

2. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The poll is now live, participants are encouraged to discuss their selections.

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I voted for Rebuild 3 - it's a nice blend of accessible strategy, resource management, and horror/comedy. While it may be too similar to prior installment I ended up having a blast with it.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im in between Swap Cops and Power Ping Pong, but Power Ping Pong has eaten my time a bit more and im really enjoying it, so my vote has to go that way.

Power Ping Pong is a great game that i hope everyone tries to pick up. It's premium with no IAP, and the gameplay already feels polished to a T.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#25 Anotherkellydown, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    To my surprise, I played Fishy Bits the most this week. It's a really fun, super addictive game with very nice pixel-y graphics. I didn't start playing it until after I had nominated my 5 games. TBH, I wouldn't have voted for it anyway.

I had tons of fun playing Electro Ball - Avoid the Shocks! and hitting the top of the ww leaderboard :cool: It's a simple high-score chaser, but it's very well executed. I hope more of you give it a try. $0.99 removes ads and gives you a free continue (very similar to Radical & Move the Walls by BeaverTap Games).

My vote went to Seashine, a beautifully dark, survival/scoring game where you play as a jellyfish in the dark depths of the ocean, avoiding horrifying marine life and gobbling up bright little fish to stay alive. It was created by a one-man team (Pated) which is quite an achievement in my book.

I'll be at my PC in about and hour to post the thread reminders. Edit: Done

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    No Fishy Bits? Would of had my vote anyhow. Def gotta try a couple of the other nominees. Power Pong is worthy of a GOTW in my opinion.

7. Yourgirlstour

Yourgirlstour New Member

Sep 8, 2015
    ^ Love fishy bits

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I was torn between Deer God and Rebuild 3.
    I highly recommend both games. I had to go with Rebuild 3 though because I literally Have been getting lost in that game. I was up until 3:30am this morning (had to get up at 6 to take my kid to school) playing it and had no idea how much time had passed. I haven't been sucked into a game like that in years. I love all the zombie movie references too. I encountered Shaun and Ed from Shaun of the Dead and helped Ash kick some zombie booty in a supermarket. When it was over he gave me his chainsaw. I can't get enough.

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Rebuild 3, didn't even have to think about this one.

And Anotherkellydown, thanks for posting the reminders :)

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Many thanks for the reminder threads, really appreciate it!

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I feel like a dedicated nomination thread needs to be stickied in the actual games section, we barely get any nominations each week.

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Power Ping Pong, extremely polished which is rare these days. Seashine a close second. Great atmosphere!

13. ahsanmahmood20

Aug 5, 2015
    Best Martial Art Themed Action Game

Rooftop Frenzy!!! :)
    :D

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #34 undeadcow, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Epic idea, I posted a request for admin support in doing so in the Site Feedback section and hope to switch to the games section in the near future. Anyone willing to share feedback there is encouraged.

Site Feedback Request/Discussion on Moving GOTW Thread = http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3679335

15. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I second this completely. I know the whole poll is a bit of fun, but for it to carry any sense of credibility there needs to be more involvement. The above is an awesome idea. BTW, do the winners get announced somewhere? Each week I check the poll to see who won but I never see an official winner announced.

I also know it takes a lot of effort to keep the poll running so thank you to all involved, it is a cool thing with a long legacy and I appreciate that it's here each week.

16. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I need to do a better job of formally announcing winners in the GOTW thread; usually the votes are evident but sometimes there are disqualifications.