Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (October 17)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Oct 17, 2013.

?

What was your favorite release the week of October 17th?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2013.
  1. Indigo Lake

20.7%
  2. Fist of Awesome

10.3%
  3. Paint It Back

29.3%
  4. Pocket Titans

10.3%
  5. Doom & Destiny

5.2%
  6. Mimpi

10.3%
  7. Device 6

12.1%
  8. Mega Dead Pixel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Regular Show: Ghost Toasters

1.7%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I voted for Indigo Lake because of how immersive and creepy it is.

Doom & Destiny was a close second.

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ditto... Tough call this week for me! Wanted to give it to Doom & Destiny and the Regular Show game as well... Really close week!

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yep, exactly my position this week.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im on the same boat. I also found a google glass of sorts and a laptop on it.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, never expected a Picross type game to be so popular. Not knocking it, just never got into those types of games, but obviously is a good game for those that do. That said, maybe I need to give this one a try and see if it grabs me.

6. darkprophet2088

darkprophet2088 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    same here. it's just a picross game, but it's very polished. I'd like to see this game on XBLA, XBLIG, or whatever Sony's indie platform is called. I'd buy it again!

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I finally gave it a shot. Good game but still not really into that genre. Stand by my vote for Indigo Lake with Doom & Destiny falling closely behind.

Although I'm sure it's also good, surprising to see the arguably biggest release - Device 6 - not getting as much support.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Me neither, and I love picross games! ;)

Keep in mind it's by an ex-PopCap guy, is very well polished and one of the best picross experience I've played with (and I've played a lot over the years.)

The fact that it's free, has a decent amount content for free, and has an honest approach to IAP are other things going for it.

Give it a shot!

9. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Very amusing !

Must admit thought it would be device 6 that pipped me to the post. I guess I'm going to have to make a few sock accounts lol!

It's great to even be on this list so thanks for you support!

10. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

Feedback

Hi all! I see that our game Mega Dead Pixel didn't get a single vote :eek: ;)

We need to learn from our mistakes, so we would love to hear some constructive feedback, please. Got some? Share it! :)

Thank you!

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #71 awp69, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    I know it's a free game but I think some thought the amount of grinding required was a little more excessive than we'd hoped. With a low return rate for anything other than completing the missions. I know I would have preferred the game to be paid and then more balanced in rewards.

That said, I still found the game to be fun and pretty unique. You had some pretty good games to go up against. And one thing to remember is that since you get just one vote, that means your game could have been a voter's second favorite.

Even if two extraordinary games came out and you thought both were GoTY material, you still only get one vote but that second game could still be on your GoTY list of nominees.

12. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Never heard of Mega Dead Pixel, so how to download it? Never downloaded it, so how to play it? Never played it, so how to like it? Never liked it, so how to vote for it?

I think step 1 needs fixing as it cascades all the way down to why Mega Dead Pixel didn't get votes...

I personally nominated and voted for Paint It Back. Totally didn't know what it was even though it had a forum topic, until I read a review of it somewhere, saw that it looked fun, downloaded it, played it, liked it, nominated it, and voted for it.