Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (October 10)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Oct 10, 2013.

?

What was your favorite release the week of October 10?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2013.
  1. Duet Game

25.5%
  2. Monster Adventures

29.1%
  3. Rollabear

12.7%
  4. Type:Rider

10.9%
  5. Rakoo's Adventure

1.8%
  6. Costume Quest

9.1%
  7. Kingturn Underworld

5.5%
  8. Cavorite 3

3.6%
  9. Kami

1.8%
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have Duet and Rollabear but never got to install them yet. Too many good games this week.

In fact, my Angry Birds Star Wars 2 still has the "New" ribbon on it, and i still have about 6 or so titles i havent installed yet. o_O

2. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was in between Monster Adventures and Costume Quest, and i just had to go with Costume quest because the game itself has a lot of character in it, and a slew of funny real but exaggerated stories i can relate to.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    STILL having trouble deciding between Type:Rider, Monster Adventures and Rollabear -- all of which I like for different reasons.

I may wait and see what tomorrow brings and end up picking up Duet, although I already know I'm wanting Mega Dead Pixel and Pocket Titans at the least.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Is there a way to turn that new ribbon on? Since upgrading to ios7 it's vanished.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #65 undeadcow, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    I voted for Kingturn Underworld because out of the releases this week I've gotten the most playtime out of it and enjoy it's darker plot and diverse characters.

Costume Quest was a close second in the poll for me, I'm surprised Costume Quest isn't getting as much as attention.

Rollabear is fun but pales for me compared to the above two. I'm tempted by all the buzz surrounding Duet Game but at a glance it doesn't look like my kind of game.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope. It's an iOS 6-and-older feature.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow. Holy crap did i miss out. DUET IS AWESOME.

Bought it day one but didnt get to the computer to install it on the mini. Now im addicted.

Man, if i played this before, this shoulda been my GotW. Now im confused as to why i didnt install this last week. Demmet.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Dammit. You guys just want me to keep spending away don't you? :(

Well, looking at this week, maybe I'll hold off on Device 6 and just get Mega Dead Pixel and Pocket Titans (and hope no other surprises come along).
    Don't think I can resist Duet any longer even though I'm still struggling to make it through Boson X in the harder than nails puzzlers (amongst others).

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Don't beat yourself up, I think last week (and Duet in particular) took a lot of us by surprise. I was a little late buying Duet, mainly because I'm trying to be a bit more responsible with my purchases while I work through my backlog. I had to wishlist Type:Rider and Kingturn Underworld for now...

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just finished Guilt, and if not for a work email that went through, i wouldve continued. That's just from one sitting. Wow, this game. Totally had me by surprise.

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Sounds like Duet has worked its hypnosis on you, too. Maybe this is how Kumobius plans on taking over the world, the evil geniuses that they are.

12. I thought you would like it EP, the game finally seems to be getting alot of love here on TA from many people, so that is good.

13. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Monster Adventures, definitely earned a place on my device for a while. I like the rogue like elements with the action rpg gameplay.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Got Duet Game and it is indeed fantastic. Still love Monster Adventures, Rollabear and Type:Rider, but since I couldn't decide I'll go with the flow and give my vote to Duet.

15. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Vote for Monster Adventures

16. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#76 Bronxsta, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    This is going to be close one between Duet and MA. They're going to be vying for the top spot the whole entire poll

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, just a one vote margin at this point. Both great games.

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    It's currently a two way tie for first and a three way tie for third. :D

19. Come on duet game!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... Duet and MA is even.

If only I had played Duet earlier than when i placed my vote, Duet would be ahead 1 vote. LOL.