Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (Oct 9)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Oct 10, 2014.

?

What was your favorite release the wek of October 9?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2014.
  1. Skullduggery!

42.3%
  2. Pixel Boat Rush

30.8%
  3. Zombie Highway 2

11.5%
  4. Reckless Racing 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tail Drift

7.7%
  6. Find the Line

7.7%
  7. Crimsonland HD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Dragon Quest 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #21 undeadcow, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Here are the results of nominations, however delayed they may be.

Skulldiggery 8
    Pixel Boat Rush 6
    Zombie Highway 6
    Reckless Racing 5
    Tail Drift 4
    Crimsonland 3
    Find the Line 2
    Dragon Quest 2
    -------------------------Qualifying Titles-------------------------
    Skater
    Daddy Long Legs
    Buff Knight
    Pico Rally
    iBomber
    Machineers
    Skylander’s Trap Team
    Saving Monsters

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The poll is now live, participants are encouraged to discuss their choices.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I nominated three awesome games this week - Pixel Boat Rush, Skullduggery!, and Zombie Highway 2. In my humblest of all humble opinions, each one was worthy of GOTW, but alas, I could only pick one.

After much thoughtful consideration, Skullduggery! got my vote. It's such a complete game. You're getting unique fling mechanics, polished graphics, clever level design, hard, yet approachable difficulty, and straight-up fun gameplay. This is premium gaming that seems tailored for touch screens. Speaking of screens, iCloud saving/loading is present, allowing you access to the game on whatever device you're in the mood to play.

As with every GOTW, I simply didn't have as much time to put into my nominations as I would have liked. Pixel Boat Rush is surprisingly deep, and I can tell it's a wonderfully unique game after only spending a couple hours with it. And Zombie Highway 2 is an awesome follow up to Road Trip and the original ZH, adding some new twists, but keeping to what made it's predecessors so much fun. I wish I could have voted for all three. I can easily recommend them all.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Pixel Boat Rush, a very fun and challenging racer, so much so that I have been playing it more than anything else this past week. A good sign of a game of the week.:D

5. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    I don't vote for gotw games anymore just so people don't think I am trying to stack the deck as I test some of them..if I was to vote tho..my vote would go to Pixel Boat Rush..hands down.

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Yep, kellydown nailed it with Skullduggery!

But in all honesty, Crimsonland got all of my playing time last week. Bloody gory shooter heart i have. And since i only scratched the surface of my nominated games, i don't care this week beeing weak in interesting releases, except the brilliant second part of The Silent Age, which i just unlocked minutes ago.

7. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Poop, been so distracted that I forgot about this thread - would have nominated for Daddy Long Legs for sure and then given it my vote too. Surprised more people didn't mention it though.

Anyway, my vote's for Skullduggery as I'm sure many others will be though Pixel Boat Rush really deserves it too. I always feel a little unfair voting for a soft launch/beta tested game as I've had more time to love them than the others. This is more of a "rushed" judgement situation that forces you to pick something that just shines immediately, which is definitely Skullduggery for me.

Thank you undeadcow for the work as always!

8. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I voted just to force a tie and make things interesting...

9. Anotherkellydown

Why you little devil! #

10. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    "It's Sateen, actually" - Satan, Wreckit Ralph

11. Anotherkellydown

Ha! I've been wanting to watch that ever since it was announced in theaters. I'll have to see if it's on Netflix yet. :)