Touch Arcade Forums' Game of the Week (July 25)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Jul 26, 2013.

?

What is your favorite release from the week of July 25, Touch Arcade forum's GOTW?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2013.
  1. Sky Tourist

23.0%
  2. Expander

6.0%
  3. Prince of Persia® The Shadow and the Flame

13.0%
  4. Delta-V Racing

22.0%
  5. Lums

7.0%
  6. Riptide GP2

10.0%
  7. Chillaxian

5.0%
  8. Bloodmasque

12.0%
  9. Prehistorik

2.0%
  1. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Pop gets my vote..Brilliant modern adaptation to a classic masterpiece...

2. BulldogBaby86

BulldogBaby86 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Student
    California
    I had to go with Prince of Persia. That one hits me right in the childhood. :p

3. iossif

iossif Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    i am really happy expander got nominated. it feels great to see people playing and enjoying the game! <3

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Delta-V Racing got my vote, very fun 2D racing game with a nice F-Zero/Mario Kart feel.

5. I will go with delta-v racing, not necessarily because I think it is the best game, but because they put in icade support for me and better ipad graphics support.

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The poll option should actually be Prince of Persia: The Shadow and the Flame, not The Sand and the Flame, although it makes no material difference.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #47 undeadcow, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Thanks, was hurriedly throwing poll together. I think a moderator can edit so will request mod aid. I appreciate you pointing the error out.

The Prince of Persia title is awkward because it is just a continuous phrase without a : symbol but with a ® instead Prince of Persia® The Shadow and the Flame so I struggled with how to formally indicate the syntax; which must have backfired in totally botching the words themselves.

Edit: I'm surprised no one noticed I mis-spelled Futuridium last week (omitted an 'i'). This is what happens when you can type faster than you can think.

8. iossif

iossif Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    awww, Expander has iCade built in as well ;)

9. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #49 Appletini, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Yeah, I just threw the colon in because I'm used to it, even though the game uses its own awkward arrangement for the title.

I'd have to check whether or not I actually voted last week; I usually do, but I can't for the life of me remember what was on offer. :p

Ah, B&C it was. There've also been a couple of invalid votes over the past couple of weeks that I haven't bothered bringing up because they wouldn't have made any difference given the spread.

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Voted for Lums, what a great physics puzzler

How is PoP?

11. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have noticed some of the invalid votes but unless it makes a huge difference haven't been weeding them out of the count, I guess technically I should (but it's been moot in recent weeks).

Maybe it gives those developers some ego boost to feel they've fooled the community into thinking their game got 9 votes instead of 4 to come in 5th place ...and who am I to deny them that small concession? The whole ballot stuffing thing is so absurd.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Surprisingly fantastic, and packed real tight which is a plus if you're low on space (which i think everyone on TA is).

13. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    My vote is for Delta-V Racing. It's all I've been playing recently.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Nice to see a spread of votes amongst the contenders. This was a good week with something for everyone.

15. I am not too aware of your game, would love to hear more about your game with icade support, since I am the President of the HDMI and Icade loverz group. Will look at your game info about this game, definitely. Thanks.

16. Bronxsta

Really? Most reviews either hate the game or just think it's mediocre. Forum impressions say differently.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It is surprising. Only has a 65 average on Metacrtic, with one review giving it a 2/10? WTF? In comparison, even the polarizing Sine Mora has a 76 average (pulled down by IGN's horrid review of it).

PoP actually really exceeded my expectations completely (never was a huge fan of the 2D games. It was Sands if Time that got me into the series). I'd highly recommend it.

18. Bronxsta

I never played the originals but maybe it's a nostalgia thing? But then Eurogamer hated the controls, yet most players here think the touch controls are excellent. It really is weird, how different the user opinion and critic opinion is.

19. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    *burp*

7,000th post!

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Congrats, undead. Very profound it was, too. :p