Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (December 12)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Dec 12, 2013.

?

What was your favorite release the week of December 12?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2013.
  1. Starborn Anarkist

43.1%
  2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

21.6%
  3. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

11.8%
  4. The Room Two

5.9%
  5. Angry Birds Go

2.0%
  6. Fiz: The Brewery Management Game

2.0%
  7. Ski Safari: Adventure Time

9.8%
  8. Suburbia

3.9%
  9. Poppy Kart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Reiner Knizia's Razzia - The Mafia Board Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IENDO

IENDO Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Starborn Anarkist

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    FWIW, I think Sonic 2 deserves a place in the poll. The game's been basically rebuilt from scratch.

Sega could have easily released it as a new 'Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Special Edition' app and no one would've batted an eyelid. Credit to them for making it a free update.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #23 awp69, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Get Starborn Anarkist. Now. I know the game you're referring to -- Infinity Danger -- and I also wasn't all that impressed. This is soooo much better and not really all that similar. Building and playing with different combinations of ships is part of the game but unlike other build-your-craft games, the gameplay itself is also fantastic. Tons of weapons. Lots of enemies (not just bosses). I can't recommend it enough.

FWIW, I had the game in my original, longer list of GoTY nominees. It needs a little tweaking, but it's that good.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Did a little research and it was Infinity Danger that i thought Starborn Anarkist was looking like. It was an ok game, but nothing special that got my attention too long... S'why i held back on getting Starborn Anarkist and didnt check the thread often anymore, so i missed all the other impressions.

EDIT: LOL... this thread suddenly moved too fast. ahahaha. I was pointing at Bronxsta's post above, but yeah, thanks guys. Im getting Starborn Anarkist now.

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'll count that as a second nomination.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Ski Safari Adventure Time :D

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Fiz needs to be added to the list. It's really good.

8. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    GTA SA
    The Room Two

9. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Added Fiz to the original post, thank you. Fiz does look good.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Starborn Anarkist
    Razzia
    Suburbia

I think Harvest HD was accidentally released and has since been pulled from all regions but Canada(soft launch), it should probably be removed from the list.

Also could you please add Suburbia to the OP it's an iPad only board game worth checking out even though it needs some fixes but the dev is active in the forum.

11. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    The Room Two
    Angry Birds Go
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Lego Star Wars

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Starborn Anarkist
    GTASA
    Lego Star Wars

13. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #33 undeadcow, Dec 13, 2013
    Added Outpost Lunda, PeteOzzy is on fire finding these gems.
    Removed Harvest HD, added Suburbia. Thank you again for pointing out interesting releases or pulled apps.

14. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Starborn Anarkist

GTA: San Andreas

And yeah, c'mon.. Sonic 2 does deserve a special dispensation and inclusion here for being an impressive rewrite. :)

15. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #35 undeadcow, Dec 13, 2013
    Added Alice in Wordland to the original post, more people should check it out.
    If we count this as a third nomination that'll likely be enough for it to make the poll.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I cant wait for IB3 to be nominated again with the release of Ausar Rising. :D

Another one i'd like to point out would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Rooftop Run. The latest update changed the game entirely from the boss battles, the upgrade system, the shops, the added missions, the new behind the back running-esque driving mode. Sad that only a few here in TA may have bought that. Totally premium, as it isnt grindy at all. And now there's even a consumable item that costs only a few coins, that multiplies all coins gathered by 6 for the duration of the item when used. The only downside is that revives can be IAP'd, but the requirements scale similar to Temple Run's revives.

17. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Lego Star Wars

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Please add Ski Safari: Adventure Time to my nominations. Thanks

19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Phew, thank you for the reassurance. I've been paranoid that I'm annoying everyone on here by posting random games I find and with my lists. I've been convinced one day I'll wake up and find I'm banned from the site :p

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #40 Royce, Dec 13, 2013
    I'm totally opposed to allowing updates on the poll, just because it opens a Pandora's box of how big an update must it be to get consideration? I like black and white rules in any sort of a contest. What if a hugely popular game has a moderately large update? Even if it isn't a complete overhaul, if the game is popular enough, it could certainly garner the support to be included. There is also nothing in the history of the GOTW rules thy allows for anything but new releases to be included. That said, since it is the community's poll, my personal opinion matters little, and I will note that there is precedent. Echoseven allowed Tiny Wings 2.0 (an update) on the poll much to my chagrin (though he later held that updates were not to be included).