Touch 2 gen 532 MHZ but how fast iphone 3G?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by CandyNJ66, Feb 25, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I know the Ipod Touch 2 gen's (yay I got one) processor is 532 MHZ while the original iphone/ipod touch is 412 MHZ I believe, so how fast is the the iphone 3G's processor? 412 too?

I wonder how fast the new iphone and new Ipod Touch processor's that might be coming out in the fall will be.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Yes. It is. I'm guessing the full 624 that these processors are capable of.

3. #3 Mindfield, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    No. The first-gen iPod Touch, 2G iPhone and iPhone 3G are all underclocked at 412MHz. (It was 408Mhz prior to Firmware 1.1.2, IIRC) Only the 2G Touch was bumped to 532MHz. That may change in the next-gen iPhone, however -- but that remains to be seen, and will depend on what other toys they're going to stick in there to chew through the lithium ions.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    ok. you definitely stole the lithium ions line from me :mad:

they'll tailor the speed to whatever the expect the idevices to do, so I guess it all depends.

5. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Meh, nothing to say here, everything's been said. I would guess that the new iPhone would come out a little bit after AT&T releases its 4G network.

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Naw. There will be a new one in June. Don't know what it will have, maybe a better camera, faster processor, more RAM for background apps, better graphics, etc.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    if they come out with a third gen touch in june, I'm gonna be so pissed...

curious as to how they'll upgrade the touch in the hardware department.

8. larrybeo

larrybeo Active Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I forget the exact source - it was on iphonelife somewhere... but AT&T won't have a 4G network running until 2011. Sorry.

9. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Yikes, then i'm wrong... I wonder what would happen if Apple released different versions of the iPhone to work with different carriers...