Touch 2.2.1 firmware problems?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by wastedyuthe, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Good morning everybody! Woke up this morning and someone responded on the Apple Support forum, saying this...

"I updated my iTouch last night, and immediately had issues with iTunes crashing during the sync process. After much frustration (and some swearing), I decided to go to my local Apple store today, and boy am I glad I did. For any of you out there with my problem, here's the rundown of what the Genius bar tech did...

1) Restore the unit
    2) WITH IT PLUGGED IN TO YOUR COMPUTER....
    a) deauthorize
    b) re-authorize (both are on iTunes under "Store" tab)
    3) "buy" a free song
    4) enjoy

That's it! I'd wiped out all of the music on my iTouch during the restore process last night, and after he worked with me I was able to sync it all back (nothing had been wiped off my iTunes). He said my computer was thinking it was authorized properly, but with all of the changes going on right now it wasn't anymore.
    "

So I have done just as he said, and IT WORKS! I am now syncing my backup from yesterday back to my Touch, including all the game saves and settings. PHEWW!

Thanks for your concern everybody.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Glad you could get it back up and running ;)

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Good stuff.
    What a difference a day makes huh?

4. You're telling me! I was literally tearing my hair out last night, and not the hair on my head!

Still, others have had it worse. This is the latest on the Apple support forum...
    "Sad to say, update 2.2.1 (from 2.2) hosed my iPod Touch 2nd gen.
    Update failed, restore fails, turned my iPod into a doorstop.
    Trying to find a way back.....
    "