Universal Total War Battles: KINGDOM (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Likewise. Seems to've pulled in a fair few reviews on the App Store. Properly surprised that this thread kinda stalled so early. Or never took off, tbh!

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Actually I'm playing the game too and I'm level 30 already but I can't be asked to post anything here yet since imo i have not gotten too far in the game to make any justified review.

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Crafting - basically 5*12-24hrs and vast tracts of resources for one item?

And only one craftable at a time?

That is nuts :D

4. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Dude I just found my first pack of Bears. It takes 8 minutes to hunt them... Must be tense for my boys fighting those grizzlies. I am SOLD on this game, haha.

Anxious to hear you guys thoughts on Raiders and Invaders. The first Raiders were predictably easy and repelled without much thought.

However... What determines the difficulty and frequency?? I'm afraid of a Brutal group of Raiders.. Especially after stockpiling resources. What's the protection, just walls? Do certain terrain choices protect you, say if my castle is against a lake?

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This ^^^ post has encouraged me to spend today's stone resource on walls :D From four or five / city to 30-45 :D

Edit: have also begun to realise how important levelling up castles is. Particularly for the +5 combat bonus on as many units as possible.

Though as I type, I think I'm realising that's +5 melee. So putting my crossbow men on a +5 (or +anything?!) may be a bit of a waste of time.

6. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Well the Crossbowmen have a good melee attack, right? So perhaps for them it's good.

I'm still playing it risky, having almost no walls and saving the stone instead. It was kind of funny, the Raiders had immediate access to my castle. The walls are very pretty but I want to know exactly how they work before committing, especially since they don't seem to be refunded along with the building if you Demolish.

If my castle gets sacked I can only blame my greedy self. :D

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I feel as if I have a bit of a stone surplus atm. Five or six mines, and two of them L2. Which, OK, isn't exactly churning out seriously upgraded churches and castles every ten mins, but is certainly enough to feel that a few walls are no great loss...

8. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Do you have all the regions unlocked yet? I have 3/6. I should probably just start building but I wish I could see the rest of the final map, ha.

Trying to unlock them all with Renown.

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Also on 3/6 and gunning for renown.

The third one's a bit of a step up, ay :D Have lit. just bludgeoned my way past a battle quest at sth like the sixth attempt, only to see that the next battle will be a total massacre (of me, obv!)

Some levelling up clearly needed (!)

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm starting to dislike the fact that once your units are upgraded to "Mark 2" , the recovery time for them is longer than usual...not 4 mins anymore but 7...

11. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    When you see 5 and 6 I reckon you'll give up on renown. :)

I've got the regions unlocked now and the markets set up with the full 70% exchange rate. That helps a lot, as you'll end up with a silver surplus.

Just trying to grind out XP for my main troops now, they need all the help they can get to repel invaders (which seem to always have brutal or insane difficulty).

12. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Yikes. When did the invaders start ramping up? I'm trying to figure out if Raider/Invader difficulty scales with Lord Level, region unlocks or some other variable like X amount of Resources banked. It would be pretty evil if it was based on the latter.

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Anyone got composite bowman stats and / or experience of their usefulness?

I'm minded to think that having two artillery units doesn't make much sense, as they never level up & don't draw / absorb fire.

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Even though I'm fully aware that sheep are nothing more than expendable crafting units, I'm still finding it impossible to kill 'em by shearing them in winter :facepalm:

15. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    You're not alone. :D I keep zooming in and thinking how cute they are.

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I broke.

A great many of my citizens are eating mutton, this cold winter night :eek:

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    O dear.

Finally opened up the fourth area.

Began rejigging my towns so's all 8 operational military units have +5 attack bonuses.

Completely failed to account for the fact that the new buildings would be l1 and my units l2. So they're unsupported! Lots of resources needed now (!)

18. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I suppose the devs knew that would happen. :eek: Are you making this your "Capitol City"?

I also broke but in a different way. Robunhood is going down because I have 3 mangonels now. Crispy Archers.

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #79 Quoad, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    My thinking is... Military bonuses (+5 attack) need a church and tavern.

Only one tavern per town.

Therefore, only 2 key military units per town*.

I'm also minded to think that artillery are a worse option in the long run. They offer some benefits (can't be attacked!) but also some weaknesses (can't ever act as a damage sponge; they absorb none of the damage directed your way. Also gain nothing from xp.)

Which leads me to *currently* think that the strongest formation is one with 8 units and 1 artillery piece.

Still holding off buying composite archers tho, so am currently 7/2! :hmm:

*i have v little idea what to do beyond this! Some buildings gain hugely from military buildings. Is it worth building a duff workshop / barracks just to provide a perma-worker for N blacksmiths? My experience of military-free towns to date is that blacksmiths quickly become resource hogs for peasants / craftsmen. What's the most sensible "ok-my-military-needs-are-covered-now-what?" town planning strategy?

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    In other news, I won't be eating mutton in winter again. Not sure I appreciated just how long it'd take to build up such spectacular, wide-roaming herds again.