Universal Total War Battles: KINGDOM (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 3, 2015.

1. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Anyone play long enough to have some new unit ? or everything free is just the first unit of an building ? :confused:

2. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Was waiting for someone to get deep enough into this game, to discover the pay to win part too.

I was all hyped with the game and its great execution, until the I discovered the new unit gold cost. Not so excited anymore.

3. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Yes, i was hoping it's great until i read Steam review :(

4. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    anybody no how 2 set up a total war account want to link my ipad and iphone but can't find how to create an account. cheers

5. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #25 Kenan2000, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    What steam review?Has the reviewer reached end-game or not?
    I think that we should not worry about gold unit price due to the fact that we have plenty of ways to earn gold anyway...
    Plus there is this craftsman function that unlocks at level 22 that allows you to get these units without using gold,I'm not sure how though...not yet.

6. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    The more you play this, the better it gets. It's been given the Editor's Choice badge in iTunes now.

I agree that buying some gold gives you early benefits, but everything other than cosmetics can be gained by crafting later in the game. To put it in perspective, I'm level 17 after less than a day playing this, the gold troops can be crafted at level 20.

You can start battles very quickly, there's not too much downtime in between them. During that time you will be very busy working out how best to group your buildings, and which troops to work on.

For me, this one is a keeper. Dawn of Titans looks great as well, but it won't be a kingdom builder like this one.

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I do love the App Store.

But the editors choice is about as much of a badge of quality as our cat's decision to urinate on a particular sofa.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Also a bit shocked that the Battery Fairy appears to've stolen about 25% of my 6+ battery in the mere five minutes of the (somewhat patchy) tutorial.

Suboptimal for toilet breaks @ work (!) Best go in fully charged, or else make things brief :hmm:

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I am enjoying bits of this, but it's buggy as hell.

Quite a bit of micromanagement (tap six separate crops with six separate timers, individually, to harvest). Battles are essentially about lining your troops up opposite the enemies who're weak against them, with the potential for a wee bit of in-battle manoeuvring (though afaict you can't have two units attaxking one enemy).

Biggest frustration so far is wrt lag, battery consumption, and buggy screens. It's lit. impossible for me to rearrange my standing order of battle atm. Seems to take five mins to process any changes, and then wipes them on leaving the screen.

Bought the starter pack on principle (if I'm going to play sth, I'll usually try to punt sth towards the devs. That, too, took five mins to process and involved three game crashes / disconnects from server! Rough around the edges atm.

And the battery drain. Omfg, the battery drain. It's criminal!

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    That said, after a full phone reset, I've just won a battle of 6*21 (them) vs 5*18-21 units.

And won with one maceman standing. (Tbf, six macemen (145 gold, yeah... Thanks for that, starter pack) took out 1.5 entire units of archers, having already slaughtered the unit they were first set against. Four of them took out the final 21 archers.)

Which was LOL, fine-tuned, and agreeably tense.

11. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    #31 jForsythe, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Downloading the game atm but can someone please explain this post to me.
    NM reread the post and understand it now.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Finding some aspects of this game a bit odd.

Eg appears that I need to have a continuous road running between all points. Which totally savages the potential for many resource gatherers (mines, in particular). It kinda seems as if I can join roads to towns (so could link a road by putting a town at both ends). But in practice, this just isn't working.

Properly interested to hear if anyone else has found better ways of addressing this.

13. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Anyone who says this doesn't bring anything new to the table is trolling!

I would be interested in seeing screenshots of how people are dealing with the second unlockable area. The persistent water feature is pretty interesting; I have had two dams implode because of poor planning (and understanding) on my part.

14. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    I'm glad to see this game got the marketing push it needed, looks like it's going to take off.

I'm still loving this, nearly level 40 now. Just grind out battles every 5-10 minutes and you'll have most of the resources you need. You'll have to get the XP anyway, that can't be bought, so you may as well stock up on resources while you do.

The only thing I will say is ... be prepared to demolish buildings regularly. As new regions open up and new buildings become available, your priorities change. This possibly makes the Advisor an essential purchase when rebuilding, as you get 80% back on demolished buildings.

Once you have all of the regions unlocked, and level 3 castles, you can plan your final build.

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This also effectively undermines gold spends. Having spent a few £££ to get some interesting units, I realised that any gold spent is binned as soon as you demolish the building it's attached to.

Interesting (!)

16. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Can you guys share your lord names so we can add as friends? Mine is "Otrebor"

17. johnkreeseck

johnkreeseck New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Uh...

Can someone explain how the f--- battling works in this game, or point me to a site that does? I thought I was starting to grasp it when I kind of figured out the "charge" thing, but now I'm just getting f---ing ANNIHILATED by the CPU on "normal" difficulty challenges.

This game has the most pathetic tutorial and post-tutorial information I've ever seen. It's worse than the instruction stickers on the inside of NES game cases at Blockbuster, and that was 25 f---ing years ago, and IT WAS F---ING BLOCKBUSTER.

18. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    No, that's not the case.

If you delete a military building, the troops assigned remain, just "unsupported". Build it somewhere else and they are automatically assigned again, so no gold spend is wasted.

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    OMG epic discovery! Tah for that. A chance to power up some gold-spent units and, perhaps, stop dying hard in battle :thumbs:

Have also just hit my first winter. Holy cr4p! Epic landscaping options abound. Srsly hoping I won't have flooded the knackers out of everything I love come spring time :thumbs:

20. Palanthian

Feb 19, 2016
    I've posted on the forums asking whether they will consider adding alliances, or any other kind of social aspect. For me, it's the most critical element that's currently missing, and would make this a true multiplayer game. It's just got so much potential, I hope they focus on regular updates.