Universal Torecower (by MAZETTE LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, May 11, 2023.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #21 MetaGonzo, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
    Well, with 18 there’s only 2 more to go to NG+1 and then you can get an easier start.
    I also use the static field that slows enemies down from the turquoise set of turrets; a vaguely X shaped turret. I put a layer of those immediately around my tightly packed layer of turrets that are my base to slow down any hostile that get too close.

Gems are awarded when you hit the NG+ thresholds.

edit: So I decided to delete and reinstall so that I could properly choose my traits. Got back up to 3 gems and bought the increase coin drop chance by 25%. Showed up as purchased and then as I tried to assign it, it became unpurchased but the gems were gone. I think I’ll give up on it for now until that gets fixed.

sebgo and elcrazy like this.
  2. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Auto-chess started life as a mod for Dota 2, and then eventually became games like Teamfight Tactics and Dota Underlords. It doesn’t have chess like rules, it’s about buying units and upgrading them and equipping them with items, as well strategic team composition, which is clearly what SNKRX is going for, and I haven’t played Torecower yet, so idk with that one. Too busy with Zelda.

3. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Ya I finally had my first win yesterday. I got to level 25. Got a gem and had a great game. Love Thai game. I also use some of the freeze power up. I love the one that shoots out a freeze cannon

MetaGonzo likes this.
  4. lukuniklo

lukuniklo New Member

May 15, 2023
    Hey! Dev here. Thanks you all for playing and caring about discussing the game, I've been reading it all. Just wanted to address some small stuff!

As someone already said, we're not the developers of SNKRX and we're just under the same publisher who made the mobile port and etc. Our main focus is PvP through weekly leaderboards, improving synergies & now make the game more responsive (we almost remade the game when adding gamepad support, while the mobile port is still not as polished as we want it to be).

Can't promise nothing specifically so far due to full-time job & other things keeping me busy, but please keep the discussions rolling and feel free to report bugs as some already did and suggest improvements/content. We also have [email protected]

5. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Welcome to the forum! Game is a lot of fun. But it does suffer from some bad bugs. The most persistent being is the loss of gold when not finishing putting down a turret. If you level up when placing a turret you lose the turret and your gold. This can happen so fast and can be very crucial. It has cost me many games. The other big brought up by @MetaGonzo scares me as I don’t want to lose any gems. For me they are very hard to come by. Only have one so far lol. I hope you can at least sort out some of these game breaking bugs. But great concept and fun game. I do hope for updates with more enemies and turret types. Wishing you all the best and some great success.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #26 MetaGonzo, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
    Great to see you dev.

A couple of further thoughts.

If you had just $2 more to start with and you were prompted to start by placing a basic shooter AND a basic arcane turret (and magnet of course) then I believe this would go a huge way to alleviate the starting woes that can afflict the game.
    As we’ve noted, all it takes is a bit of bad luck and you’re scuppered and just a touch more early firepower would go a long way. The NG+ starts are less effected by this precisely because you’ve got a bit more early spending power.

The position of turrets is grid based, cool. The background is a grid of squares, fine. The placement grid doesn’t quite correspond with the background pattern? Arg!

I said in a previous post that I like it but don’t think I’ll love it. Perhaps I was a little hasty; I say this because I haven’t actually stopped playing it despite claiming I would due to the trait gem issue!
    It’s great, really. Just needs a bit longer in the oven as it were.

7. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I think I have noticed a bug. If you are trying to place a tower and the wave ends, you lose money and that tower at the beginning of the new wave

8. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Yup. It’s been mentioned a few times in here. In later stages it can get really bad. I lost a $66 tower which really hurt my progress. And it will happen anytime you are placing when you level up. You have to be extremely careful not to place when about to level up. I mentioned this two posts up. Metagonzo has lost talents as well. Two bugs that need to be addressed.

Game is still a ton of fun. I seem to play from the start. Even though you start with less gold I find the NG+ modes too hard. I have NG+ 2 unlocked. I do hope for the bug fixes but also more towers!

9. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    This game is really fun, I hope there will be continued investment by the dev

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Update!

But what has updated?! I can find no change log and on my first run was wiped out on round three so I’m off to do some work before re-approaching

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Is this a global leaderboard? If so, I’m 7th. Having not previously made it past level 16-18.

At times, *a lot* was happening

E008358C-CAF1-4599-BDA6-3C5D7F1597E0.png 03CC6CFD-71A2-40E5-A558-725F338AB260.png

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I think the game is bugged but I far more enjoy the bug than I enjoy what I think is the intended version.

A less enjoyable bug is that you still lose coins if you’re placing a tower when a level ends. Get to NG3+ or 4+ and chances are that towers are approaching 2-300 each, with some levels over in 3-4 seconds. That remains a significant amount to lose when (imo) magnets and banks remain unbalanced - I’ve yet to hit a point where my magnets can harvest all cash produced, despite having next magnets costing over £300. And the upgrade tree forces you into unbalanced magnet / bank balances.

Best runs so far, fully unlocked orange and blue tree. Or fully unlocked blue and green. I got a higher score for the first one, perhaps I made it through more levels.

Edit: and gold tree in each instance but who cares about that

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Game crashed Couldn’t handle mid-60s. Significant stutter, then crash! Nearly upgraded all available upgrade trees too

I like this game, but only the broken version. And I can’t see myself playing much more bc what else is there to do, until it crashes

AF3C8342-2F12-4548-8EB1-6820145E8DC9.png 977C8205-5D09-4A95-A18F-77706544F285.png