Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Do u guys imagine what titan quest would be if it went free to play?
    Timer?

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying that it was a Korean game, just that it looked like one ;)

3. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Torchlight Mobile has moved into Closed Beta in China beginning 10/10

Here is some news on the beta and also details on dungeons

http://2p.com/45221262_1/Torchlight-Mobile-We-Have-More-New-Details-for-Dungeons-by-shaylynsun.htm

The game is shaping up to look like the Action MMORPG we have been waiting for.

I couldn't care less about any f2p elements or timers, they aren't ideal but the game looks awesome! Despite looking like it was a dead project months ago.

It would be great if TouchArcade would report the news on TM instead of having to rely on other sites for my gaming news

4. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Looks fantastic, can't wait to try it out!

And also...

"Inherit THE Classic Return with Honor" :D

5. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I want this asap

6. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Looks awful. Just give us premium ports of Torchlight 1&2 instead of this trash.

7. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    This. Current gen iOS devices can already run them so why not?

8. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    If you want old games go back and play the old games. You can play offline and here's no pvp so you won't be exposed as a bad

9. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Ask and you shall receive I guess lol

TA reports the game is supposed to launch by EoY

http://toucharcade.com/2016/10/12/torchlight-mobile-coming-at-the-end-of-2016-adds-pvp-modes-to-the-series/

Let's hope for a soft launch soon, this is what I've been waiting for!

10. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    You caught me. I'm a terrible online player who gets crushed by nine year olds in Call of Duty. ;)

My main issue is the free to play model, pay to win, or whatever you want to call it. It's bad for mobile gaming and bad for gamers. Most of the ftp games are quickly slapped together and have little depth. They have caused a race to the bottom in pricing. It's sad & pathetic when people bitch & moan about games costing $4.99 or more. I say give me higher quality premium games and I'll gladly pay a premium price for them. We don't need an App Store that is littered in junk.

11. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been pumped for this since it was announced, and I love the old one-- if Runic can deliver on the gameplay, I'm gonna be a happy camper and it looks like it will. I remember what all of this means...! :

[​IMG]

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Gonna guess it's a big fat no on multiplayer. Hopping into games and taking on bosses and grabbing loot with others, aka the only feature that matters. Nice try though, same as Titan quest. Cool, but doesn't fill the Diablo role for mobile we still haven't seen.

13. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I also hope there is a PvE multiplayer as well. We don't know that there isn't as there has been very little info released.

We do know that you can set up your own shop and sell to other players and there are 3 different modes of pvp, so there is a big multiplayer aspect to the game. And if the took the time to build live multiplayer pvp into the game it stands to reason there will be PvE multiplayer modes.

So nowhere near the same as TQ. Which is a completely offline dead game.

14. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Agreed! What they have shown off lately definitely exceeds my expectations and the robust skill system looks phenomenal

15. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Here is some updated information from a CN beta player who posted on Reddit.

Again this is for the Chinese release so let's hope for some changes in the western release, but if not oh well I'm excited for the launch

EDIT : its will also have Automatic combat
    http://imgur.com/a/5v3fG
    Random Dungeons
    The most exciting feature of Torchlight series would be the random dungeons. Players can except the same gameplay in Torchlight Mobile. Except the final boss, all the monsters and dropped items would appear at random. Players may get a legendary weapon from a pot. As a random loot-based RPG, Torchlight Mobile optimizes the length of dungeon, making each one cost just 1-2 minutes to finish. So players can make use of the fragmented time.
    Hidden Rooms
    If players are not satisfied with what they get in the dungeons, they can search for hidden room, which can be activated by breaking barrels or boxes. A handsome amount of golds and weapons can be found in hidden rooms.
    Create Your Own Dungeons
    Players can buy maps from merchants and create a unique dungeon! You can complete the dungeon alone or team up with your friends. Of course, the better dungeon you create, the better equipment you will get.
    MOBA
    There will be a MOBA-style gameplay in Torchlight Mobile. Tower attack, Competition Jungling are 3 available game modes for players.
    Guild War
    Resources are quite important for upgrading guild level. Players are able to challenge other guilds to gain golds. Of course, a guild leader should make a few players to guard their guild coffers.

Super excited for PvP as well!

16. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013

Use this link for several screenshots
    https://m.imgur.com/a/6Sf97#lczS5m9

17. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
  18. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
  19. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Seriously!

Short levels where you get taken back to your city hub is NOT my idea of a fun RPG.
    It has been done many times before, including the silly walls that stop you from progressing until you kill all the units.
    Talk about killing the feeling of immersion this way.

And..........that's a big old pass from me!

20. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    #160 jdjleo, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Perfect World released a new gameplay trailer on 11/13 this time showing off the Kitsune class!

The attention to detail in levels and boss design has that classic Torchlight feel.

https://youtu.be/EiSy5s-QDNU

Edit - glad to see this made the front page of TA after I posted here. I wish TA would bring me news on TLM for once, instead of the other way around =p