Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    Regardless, I'm in. Both Torchlight games were super fun and as long as they have the Hardcore Mode with perma-death, I'll go deep. That drove me insane...

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I have similar memories. I'll be checking this out for sure. In many ways I liked torchlight better than Diablo.......
    (*runs away, glancing over shoulder)

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I have no idea what it is never played one of these but I'll be hoping it's better than dungeon hunter, let down by the newest after getting a little hyped for it

4. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    We actually are going to have a full arpg experience on mobile, just wait until DotEmu releases Titan Quest! I'm really hyped for that one, since I never had a chance to try it out, and the reviews are sparkling.

Well, no need to run away, I think many people will agree with you. T1 and T2 are great arpgs, the only thing D3 does better is the crazy cool engine. Other than that, I always felt D3 was kind of a hollow experience, stripped of the atmosphere of it's predecessors, even if smashing critters to pieces never felt so satisfying.

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yes the first torchlight came out of nowhere and really made me forget I was waiting for d3 it was really fun. I can't wait for this on mobile. Also glad it's not launching on March 3rd I had a feeling it was going to haha.

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    You're definitely right. I just watched some videos of this and it reminds me of the disaster that was dungeon hunter 5. I mean It looks gorgeous but the levels look even more linear in this as they were in DH5. I doubt there will actually be good random loot either.. I'm just hopping luck plays a factor when looting for equip instead of going to the shop and buying the best setup with real money....

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    TQ is premium. No iap. It has a set overworld and random dungeons if remember correctly.

Fun fact about Torchlight, the first two were former Diablo 2 devs. This new game is not them. But the timers and payment style was being reworked after a fan backlash. Probably isn't going away to premium but better than what it was hopefully.

8. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    *seconds that and runs after ashmike3, dodging rocks...

9. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Is this game even coming out anymore?

It was supposed to launch in 2015, it didn't. They are 3 months overdue with no news, no demos, no nothing. Their website is chump change with zero promotion or news, that's a super bad indicator in itself that the devs don't understand community interaction.

Beginning to think this isn't coming out or if it does it's going to be a bag of ass based on how the revs have handled things so far.

It would be great if one of the "journalists" here could reach out to the revs for some info, maybe report some news lol

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Or you could have either read this thread, the Torchlight fb or numerous other sources.

They got a huge backlash on the payment model and decided to revamp the system. As far as I knew it was supposed to be out in March but that is speculative.

11. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Why this comment? And, in my opinion, the devs should reach out to the community when they feel it's necessary. If you have followed any game that's in development, for any length of time, you would know this is normal for a game.

And to the "journalists" remark....really man? You could email the devs, you know that right? Not trying to seem like a personal attack on you, but if you are that concerned about what is being reported or what you feel should be reported, just reach out to devs directly.

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Hope this comes out soonish...

13. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Well, these guys have been pretty silent, their last update was on the 5th of February, basically saying they were working on it. To be fair, I don't have high expectations for this one, it will (most likely) be free to play, and it's not actually being made by Runic Games.

But, the Torchlight name is still enough for me to give it a try when it comes out, here's hoping they'll figure out a fair business model. Which would be easier if they just went the premium route ;p

14. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I'm leery as well... the last gameplay video I saw looked like things were still very free to play and the art style looked like Torchlight and an Asian MMO had a baby.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I think this game is dead. Nothing on it for months and the forum is barren. The search for the great arpg on mobile continues, with no end in sight. DH5 was so close, yet so far.

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Titan Quest should be out soon. Maybe even this week.

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    A month an a half of they post on their fb page saying it was going to take longer than expected.

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Eh it said "although it has taken longer than expected." Dif words, I'm just think this is another infinity blade dungeons, DOA. Honestly even if it comes out I doubt it's anything more than Legacy Quest with dif animation. LQ is good mind you, just nothing spectacular. That's what all the videos Iv seen from awhile back look like at least.

19. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    They took out the timers so they're probably looking for other ways to milk the cow, which is why it's taking a while lol

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Lol...