Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Thanks but why would i need"luck" for that? ;)

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, but you didn't skip it.
    Quite the opposite.

Maybe people will feel the same way about this one when they get it as you do about Marvel.

Maybe people in glass houses should not throw stones.

3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #44 oscar123967, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Nice find. Still interested.

I very much enjoyed gameloft's DH5, and this seems to be a little bit better. But i could onpy juggle around so many F2P games at once.

Please note guys that this is a F2P RPG grinding game. Its not going to change. If you dont like DH5, Eternity Warriors, marvel future fight, and all that, you will not like this. Why? Because this game is a whole different genre and youre mistaking it for another.

If you're looking for the typical dungeon crawling ARPG, check out titan quest

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=264244

4. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Game looks epic, but can someone please confirm weather or not there's a multiplayer co op feature? Or isit purely a solo dungeon crawler?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Quite the difference. I went in blind with MFF because Marvel.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That is such bullshit.
    You'll be going in to this one as blind as you went in to MFF.

You cant even claim to be blind on MFF because Redribbon had a video up an hour before you even posted in that thread or had an AU account so I have no doubt that you looked at that video and saw the energy meter, the multiple currency and the usual F2P elements that it had, the self same elements that you're getting on that self righteous high horse about F2P you're on in relation to Torchlight Mobile.

It's not the anti energy/F2P/currencies stance you've taken that's irritating, it's the pure hypocrisy and double standards you're employing.

It's okay for Marvel to have an energy laden, multi currency laden RPG/card collector, hey it's Marvel, why not but its not okay for Torchlight to employ the exact same mechanics and I mean the exact same mechanics because if MFF is anything, it is the very definition of the F2P template that just about any F2P of its type game uses and I have zero doubt but that this will use the exact same mechanics.
    But no, it's not Marvel, therefore it's wrong.

Get off the high horse because the level of posting you've done in the MFF thread betrays that you are not being truly representative with this high moral anti energy freemium stance you're attempting to portray here.
    Again it's not the stance that's an issue, it's the hypocrisy.

Perhaps thousands of Torchlight fans will go into this one "blind" and be equally as satisfied with it as you have been with MFF.
    And to call one "mobile milking" with one hand while the other hand is praising the ass of another game with the exact same mechanics in its thread, well, if you can't see the hypocrisy in that and how it devalues you're opinion, well then it appears any IP will be okay as freemium as long as it's one you like.

Meeting adjourned.
    I'm not engaging in this any further because I just can't take hypocrisy and double standards seriously.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... Me being a marvel fan is wrong?

Good morning to you too Rip.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No, you deciding that this game is bad because it's not Marvel, that's the wrong part.
    People can be as much a fan of torchlight as you are of Marvel.
    If this were Marvel, you'd be all over it like white on rice instead of complaining about it. There's you're duality.
    Next time read better.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am not other people who're fans of Torchlight Rip...

And i didnt say the game is bad. The pay model isnt favorable, and not being a huge fan of Torchlight made it an easy decision for me to skip it.

You're quite hostile today. Bad morning?

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Rip since you're an insider, do you know if DC has plans to make a similar game to MFF? I would love an action game where I could be Deathstroke :(

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Kind of weird how many people have passed judgement on this game solely based on the fact that it's free to play. Maybe I'm weird, but I just like fun games, how you pay for them is sort of irrelevant.

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Jesus Christ,Eli!
    Can't you realize that it is not free2play that we hate?Have not you seen how many good comments BadFly has received in dead effect 2 thread?No energy,no paywalls - confirmed by developers.

It is the brutal monetization system that we hate in games,crap that prevents us from actually playing.

13. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Yes, as long as it keeps you engaged and entertained there's nothing wrong with it. But the problem with some F2P games (and the reason some people generally despise them) is that IAPs creep into a lot of game mechanics, drastically altering the game designer's original vision. There's also the problem of the developer trying to control (even unwillingly sometimes) the length of the player's game session.

Then there's the grinding and difficulty problems that come with F2P. I'm sure I have ruined a lot of my game experiences with either purchasing no IAPs (making the game a grind fest) or too many IAPs, making the game too easy, both resulting in a bland game experience, which might otherwise be fun.

F2P can be done right, but it's not an easy task.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #55 Rip73, Jun 19, 2015
    Couldn't agree more.

It's part of the reason I simply can't abide the hypocrisy being demonstrated.

One game has all the free to play elements in place and in action but it's okay because it's marvel and it's fun so they like it.
    Another game that is probably going to do exactly the same thing in exactly the same way as it, but it's not Marvel so it's not okay.
    And on top of that its pre judging something that they have no idea of the balance of and yet still it's not okay so it's not going to be downloaded.
    It simply makes no sense whatsoever.

If it game is fun, it's fun.
    If it has iap and offers fun and a personal value for money proposition (whatever that comes in at) on that iap, great, so what.
    But to immediately write a game off because it's going to be free to play and employ the same mechanics as a game that clearly people enjoy, well, I've with ya, we must both be the weirdos around here by placing fun above all else and not pre judging based on a single element.

@Xatu, I have no info on anything like that at the moment but my focus has been elsewhere with the last few months so I haven't spoken to anybody in that area.
    I wouldn't rule it out.
    I would probably say the likelihood is very high though that they will do something like it in the future though. Or probably are right now. :)
    They are opening up the DC universe in the cinema with the next few DC films in a similar way to Marevel has done so I would in fact expect them to be licensing or making them at the moment in order to stay on board the inevitable hype train that the next Superman film will bring.
    Whether they do it as well as Marvel or not would be the key and more relevant question rather than is it something they are doing.
    Long story short (and too late for that really), I have no doubt something is in development but am personally unaware of it at the moment (and probably couldn't say even if I was aware;))

@EP, no I'm not hostile and I had a perfectly fine morning, nothing personal, it's just I simply can't abide duality, double standards or hypocrisy and have zero problem calling it out when I see it.
    Simple as that.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #56 Exact-Psience, Jun 19, 2015
    Ayt cool...

Anyways, im simply just a huge marvel fan and anything they make, even bad ones, they get a pass that i'll still check them out. A lot of people are hating the new trailers and teasers for the Fantastic 4 reboot, but not me. Im still excited as hell to watch it.

So there... For a while now i have been skipping freemium spinoffs of bigger names (one example is Fallout Shelter), with the exception that anything Marvel-related gets a pass. I have also deleted all but MFF and Spiderman Unlimited (both Marvel) for games that have any sort of stamina-tied timers on them including FFRK. In addition to that, the only freemium titles i have are those 2 together with Hearthstone, Phoenix HD, Temple Run 2, Corridor Z, RAD Boarding and Adventure Beaks.

Call it double standard or hipocrisy, but i will always be loyal to my preferences.

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You're right. Personally I am more accepting of f2p than I have been in the past but every f2p game with the exception of Cardinal Quest 2 has been deleted. I want the ability to have a singular experience in my purchase.

The problem with this title - it's has been a premium based series that has allowed for people to mod / play offline and do with it what they want.

It has a pretty loyal fanbase. And complaining actually works now. Literally almost every post to their FB page was complaining about the payment methods. They are listening.

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Have you played this one?

18. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yay!! Another thread being taken over by useless bashing on its monetization mechanics. You do not have to keep reposting about the fact that you hate this game so much.

19. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Does this game have multiplsyer co op dungeons, thanks