Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Seriously we are still getting angry when games are F2p? I'm not even shocked by it anymore and f2p is getting better all the time. The real trick that none of these dungeon crawlers has nailed is fun multiplayer. We need lobbies to join seamlessly. Not just this "bring a friend for boss fights" where you summon someone's AI for 30 seconds. Needs full multiplayer just like Torchlight 2 and Diablo.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Agreed, F2P is here to stay. Not favorable to us specifically, but it wont go away.

Timers, however, are a different story... My patience for timers will only be for Marvel Future Fight though. Im willing to skip on this, no regrets.

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Your avatar is still the most awesome thing I've seen... That is all

4. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    It's so amazing ! It's one of my favorite RPG hack n slash RPG title.

5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Really disappointed that it's F2P, online only and probably P2W. At least we're getting TITAN QUEST from DotEMU hellz yeah!

6. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ok, F2P I can deal with it, however, please, please don't make it always online.

7. SenadMMG

SenadMMG Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I loved the original desktop versions.
    I just hope they designed this one ground up for mobile gaming.

8. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    F2P with timers?Great,count me out.

9. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    Yes, really scared how they can crush this licence.

10. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    They did. F2P, timers to play, IAP currencies and all

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I feel the need to state that as much as F2P pisses people off, it's a reality we have to deal with. This is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and I'm not going to tarnish my own beliefs that this game will rock, even as FTP. I think of the recent Marvel: Future Fight, and I see a way this game can succeed (players get so much energy to continue that the "buy-in" is almost superficial....just to make the investors happy).

Can we just be happy we get this on mobile? ;)

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #32 Kenan2000, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    You're comparing a great game made WITH effort to a piece of junk that should not even have the "Torchlight" word in it.

I know that I have no idea how this is going to turn out but I'm sure that it will be just like DH 5 with ridiculous waiting times,energy bars and other stuff like that because such developers cannot realize that such games are mainly oriented towards the whales that barely consist of the full majority of players,about 1% to be exact,such business model is like playing jackpot - your chances are small.

And believe me,it is much better to have a non-brutal f2p game like Marvel future fight,Dead Trigger 2,Fallout shelter,Dead Effect 2 (kinda cause it is not released yet),Taichi panda (kinda) or even nothing at all than having this parody of a game (more like a milking machine) that basically,how most of the console/pc players think,embodies ios gaming - energy,timers,constant waiting,play for 20 mins - wait for 1 hour,pay to advance,brutal monetization system.

It is not the f2p that kills and ruins gaming.Yes,I do love all kinds of games - f2p and premium.

It is the greed,brutal monetization systems and don't start saying that developers need to feed themselves with bread somehow because there are other,non-brutal ways of attracting players and making them spend money because even non IAP spending players bring revenue (I'm sure about that) cause of ads and popularity of the game.

13. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    No we don't.Freedom of choice.I won't download it and since i didn't see this game coming i even don't have any feelings about it.I prefer looking forward to premium experiences.

Just for the record:I'm not generally against F2P if done well.But timers are coming right out of the gaming hell and should be punished with denial (=no download).DON'T encourage developers to implement it in more and more games...even if you like a certain franchise.

14. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Good luck with your boycott

15. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines

Thanks. Will probably pass on this one as well

16. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    I think it's begin to work, but naturaly.

The market love free games. But they don't like when they are tons of iaps or ads or other restrictions like internet connection.

Gameloft have pay there greedy new games. They are not in the top 50 Paid / Free / Grossing anymore. Now, when they announce a new game, people don't even try to download it. Just another crappy game from Gameloft...

A perfect system ? Fallout Shelter. Great game, AND in the top 10 grossing the first day.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not really for movile gaming... For mobile milking seems more appropriate. :D

But yeah, im one of those skipping yet another freemium spinoff.

If Marvel Future Fight wasnt a Marvel title i wouldve skipped it too. :D

18. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Multiplayer? Can you party with friends etc?

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    No we don't. The beauty of being a gamer now - if you don't like it - you have so many ways to reach developers and ask to change it. If you go to be FB page for this - you can see almost every post complaining about the pricing model. When asked about why it was f2p the devs actually responded back:

"We decided upon a F2P model to compete other games on the mobile market. Currently we are in the alpha stage and as such things are likely to change. We'll update you on the latest information."

20. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Does anyone know if multiplayer will be available? Co-op dungeoning and raids etc? Sorry iv never played any of the PC versions so I dont know >.<