Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Right?!?!

The skill system is what I was most excited about and it definitely delivered!

The system is deep yet simple to understand and implement and the changes to the skills are drastic allowing you to create your own combos and tailor gameplay to your style.

and then there's the other half of the game that I can't read or really understand lol looking forward to the English version

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yeah what the heck is that whole Orb / Starmap thing? It seems like it's a way to align your character with a certain element, but I don't have any clue.

And then there's like a whole map system where finding map fragments seems to open special dungeons. I think. Lol

Oh, and Fishing!!!

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    My favorite combo right now:
    Spin skill augmented with "gravity well"
    Ground slam augmented with exploding stun
    And Thousand Blades skill.

I can spin across the room gathering all the enemies, then ground slam-stun them and finish off with thousand blades because the are all collected.

So cool. And each of those abilities do very different things if equipped differently.

It's cool there's a training ground with dummies to try these skills out on.

4. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    #204 jdjleo, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    It's anyone's guess lol

But I think that starmap is a passive system?

People should download the CN version and try it, its simple to do.

TLM is designed like so many of the mobile arpgs and they all have a similar concept where things light up as you can access/use them. If you played Heroes of the Dungeon, which is really good, you get a red dot over things you can do or upgrade so I just follow the exclamation points around and press buttons that light up lol.

Besides I'm not trying to sink a lot of time into TLM China I just wanted to see if the game was worth staying excited for. Because it's been a lousy ride, delays, the worst communication ever from possibly the worst developer ever so I became skeptical if the game was ever going to launch or of it was just going to straight up suck.

I think the game is amazing and I'm very happy despite all the frustration. And I really hope Fedeen was bought out or fired as I said in my prior post.

Edit - I went back and looked at TW App Store and LINE is the official developer so that is where you can look for it when it launches. LINE being the launch developer means things can only get better going forward so good news there

5. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    After I read some comments here, I have decied to play a bit more. I have unlocked some pets and I was be able to check all the pets in the game. I found my favorite! Some turtle looking creature, it was blue but it is legendary :eek:

My question is, are there any big instances to complete with people? Like online party up with another 2 person? It would be cool

6. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    #206 jdjleo, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    I haven't gotten too far and I can't tell what everything does. My first goal was to lvl up all the classes to 10 and see how I liked them all. I'm still unlocking new modes and options at lvl12.

I can tell you pvp is a big focus with 1v1 3v3 and 5v5

There is also a raid mode where you fight a boss with other players, I think up to 4-5.

I did a mode that was like an elite dungeon that felt like I should have had other players with me, I don't know maybe I didn't que them?

So cooperative play is very much a part of the game.

I don't plan on playing too far into it I already determined that I'll be playing TLM for sure when it launches global. And that was the point of testing out the CN release.

In other news I've been playing Durango closed beta and OMG is that a good game. That's a quality of game I expect to see on Steam, not mobile.

TLM and Durango will keep me busy in 2017

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I wish...

8. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #208 Pagan Fox, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Have setup a Chinese and Taiwanese account but the link isn't working and nothing else is showing up.
    Can someone repost the App Store link again to copy/paste
    Thanks

Edit: nvm found a working link from page 19 for Taiwan Store....dl'ing now

9. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Very cool!

FYI you unlock the last skill slot at lvl13.

10. TontikBunny

Nov 14, 2016
    Are they even working on english version? :(

11. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Of course they are the game was expensive to develop and localization is fairly cheap, there will be a global release, but there is no information on a release date etc.

Also the game is supposed to release on Android in January, it's currently only on iOS so I don't expect so see an English version until that time.

If you want a good news source for mobile games check out 2p.com I wouldn't rely on TA unless you want to be the last to know.

12. TontikBunny

Nov 14, 2016
    This might be funny to you but I love you so much for telling me there is a website called 2p. I was checking the website and then I saw lineage 2 rev released on korea around 2 weeks ago. Now Im downloasing because I really wanted to try that game. I also learned that there will be archage mobile game and it will be release soon.

Big love dude, merry xmas! ^^

13. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Haha right on, glad you like it!

I was thinking about DLing several of the Korean games TBH. I love mmorpg and arpg and it seems like the really good ones are all in the Asian market and likely won't release here. All we get are shitty Taichi Panda clones.

And it it really burns that we didn't even get TLM first as Runic is an American company. But that's what happens when you license your IP.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Clarification: go to 2p.com for recent info on Asian RPGs and MMOs.They cover little else.

15. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Except maybe check out their section on mobile which is broken down into 5 separate genres.

Today's front page includes Clash Royale, footage of the upcoming Transformers Forged to Fight, Hello Mars, Pinpop Vegas, MegaMan, Techno Strike and a very nice Durango survival guide....all not featured here on TA.

16. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    The App Store freeze is over the 27th so maybe TLM got caught up in the freeze?

Let's hope!

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    And almost every one of those is either an Asian RPG, and Asian MMO, or both -- and all of them F2P. Looking through their archives, I find no coverage on European and American indies, major ports from European and American publishers, etc.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that. In fact, I just signed up to 2P to stay on top of the Asian market. But there's more to mobile than that, much of it covered here and PocketGamer first.

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Archeage mobile whatttt???????
    Excited for 2017

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Archeage the mmorpg off pc?

20. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I got a Chinese App Store account and downloaded this to finally get my hands on it. I've played it for about 30 minutes and so far have seen that the game will most definitely be filled with F2P shenanigans. You have an energy timer that limits play, premium and in-game currency, the ability to by high tier items outright (think flash sales for $5 to get an epic item), and last but not least, a lovely VIP system to encourage players to spend as much $ as possible.

I'm a bit disappointed having heard that the game shifted gears a while back to try to avoid these F2P trappings but apparently not. There is also hardly any aesthetic similarities to the actual torchlight series. It's looking like this one is Torchlight in name only.