iPad Topple and MazeFinger released!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by raps27, Oct 18, 2008.

1. raps27

raps27 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2008
    MazeFinger: Free

Topple: $1

Problem is it only work with iphone and 2nd gen iTouch:mad:

Would've got both of them if it worked for 1 gen ipod

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

they can make it backwards compatible, they just need to go in and change something in the plist i believe….other apps have initially experienced the same compatibility issues…which can be fixed as long as it doesn’t require a hardware feature, like a mic.

i’m really looking forward to these titles, dont have access to my computer right now, so i’m anxiously awaiting for these to enter the wifi app store

which one is having the compatibility issue? or is it both?

3. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    Yikes, when they said "this weekend," they meant it! Nice spot.

4. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    In the words of MazeFinger:

AWESOME!!!

5. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    both i think
    i got both of them, and i have a 1st generation ipod touch so I'm disappointed, even though I only spent $1

6. raps27

raps27 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2008
    have u tried actually installing them to ur ipod, maybe they just put the wrong thing down

7. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
  8. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
  9. Hitman45

Hitman45 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    iPhone Gamer
    Williamstown, NJ
    I like Topple. Its pretty amusing and graphically impressing.

10. eat tofu

eat tofu New Member

Oct 18, 2008
    same here. hope they get it fixed soon. i'm itching to play it.

11. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    ha, i watched the video on the website, and didnt realize that it kept repeating. Go there and youll see what i mean.

12. stephennn

stephennn Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Both games are really great. Topple in particular is a pure joy to play. However, I do wish it was a lot easier to rotate the pieces around. I think that once you are holding a piece with one finger you should be able to place your other finger anywhere and rotate the piece with it. It'd make the controls perfect with that one little fix. Regardless, I'm only complaining about that one thing because otherwise it's such a fun, refreshing, nice looking game.

13. Allen at ngmoco

Allen at ngmoco Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Producer
    This should be fixed now. I blame our first time submission confusion. This shouldn't have happened and I'm glad you guys at touch arcade pointed it out so quickly.

Please try out the games and if you still have issues, keep me updated on this thread.

Thanks for playing!

14. Allen at ngmoco

Oct 18, 2008
    Producer
    Stephennn, little confused by your statement about rotating.

Currently, you can place down one finger and flick with another finger to "spin" the piece your holding. You don't have to keep the second finger placed down to rotate the block since momentum in rotation translates properly.

Please post more feedback if you're willing. I'd love for some elaboration so we can learn more. :)

15. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Hi, I tried again but it's still not working. This might be because I bought the apps before you fixed them, but I tried connecting my iPod touch again and it said that both of them were "not compatible", just like the first time. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

16. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I'm not sure where the meta-data is kept, but try deleting them from iTunes and redownloading them (it'll be free).

arn

17. Allen at ngmoco

Oct 18, 2008
    Producer
    arn is correct, if you delete the apps and redownload it should work properly.

Please let me know if this works out for you. We've already modified our submission process to make sure this doesn't happen the next time around. :)

18. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Both games are top-notch. Based on the hype surrounding Rolando and your company, I think you guys have outdone yourselves and made the best first impression a company can make. Sincerely, thank you to you and your team for an outstanding job. These two games show what gaming is all about on the iPhone/iPod - You took the platform and created beautiful games natural to the functions of the device, instead of trying to implement some awkward control scheme that doesn't fit, layered atop nice-looking graphics. Not only that, you came to our forums, the best iPhone/iPod gaming site on the net, and talked to us and responded to our questions and comments. That's true professionalism. Keep us posted on Rolando!:D

19. stephennn

stephennn Member

Sep 29, 2008
    You know what, it actually does work as I was visioning. I guess for some reason in the tutorial I felt as thought I had to try to be really specific in my turning (as in place both fingers on the specific block you want to turn). But now that you said that, I went back, and it's true, cycling the blocks around does work really nicely indeed. With that said, fantastic game! An awesome one two punch start for your company, really makes me look forward to whatever you guys put out next (besides rolando which is just an obvious day one purchase, so that goes without saying)!

20. Both games are excellent. However I didn't spot a tutorial in Maze Finger. I know I am supposed to drag my finger along the path, but why does it keep stopping? Is something getting in the way? What does the lightning do? How do I know how much energy I have left (perhaps I have been too busy drawing along the path to notice!)?
    Topple is excellent, with a nice tutorial- I can't fault it. It would just be nice for the MF app to tell you what to do at the beginning. But hey, it's free, which is great.
    Well done, NGMoco.