Top Rated iOS game giveaway (8-19 dec)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Woodrith, Dec 6, 2014.

?

Which freebie did you enjoy the most?

1. Shadow Blade

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Hoplite

18 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Doug Dug

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. The Nightmare Cooperative

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. The Journey Down: Ch 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Detective Grimoire

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Card City Nights

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  8. Skullduggery!

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. RGB Express

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Mucho Party

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I definitely think CCN is one of the best if not the best card game on the app store. It actually didn't get much exposure but it's my favorite card game. Probably the best game so far I think out of all the freebies. It was definitely worth the money when I bought it release day.

2. OtherSilhouette

OtherSilhouette Active Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Hey everybody, it might be a little too early for this, but I was just wondering what your favorite picks were. My hands down favorite was Doug Dug. I would have appreciated Hoplite if I hadn't already purchased it. Second favorite was The Nightmare Cooperative. Definitely a favorite. Card City Nights also looks fun, but it isn't free yet. # All the others looked like they would be fun to others, I didn't really find them very enjoyable. Anyway, cheers.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't see Card City Nights as free in the App Store. I think this one will be as the first one: free only through PG's link. Btw, link from a few posts prior to this one doesn't work.

Attached Files:

4. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I can't find it for free anywhere right now, tried following every link on PGs page but it's not free, am I too late? I live in NZ if that's affecting it.

5. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    If anything too early, this is Tuesday's pick. It's not free for me in the US either, I'm sure in the next few hours it will be free.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Most of the deals have gone live around midnight UKT, but the first went live much later. It's a UK-based promotion and it's still not 9 a.m. here yet, so I wouldn't worry.

Doug Dug is definitely my top pick so far too. I already owned everything else except Hoplite, and Detective Grimoire was my top pick amongst the rest.

I've not played Card City Nights as I don't usually get into CCGs, but I loved Ittle Dew from the same dev so I'll give it a shot later.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It should be free already, because PG published the news already, but I follow their link and it takes me to the paid version, so there's something wrong somewhere...

8. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    PG said before that they will announce the news of the games being free earlier because "some" rival sites didn't have the courtesy to give credits to PG and beat them to publishing the news. So I assume that's why they published the news earlier but the promotion didn't start yet, hoping it will start soon.

9. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    And it's free :)

They also announced (Ludosity) that because of the miscommunications between them and PG they will extend the free-time to make up for the delay. Enjoy the news! :D

10. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
  11. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    You don't need the link.

12. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Anything for the 17th gone free yet?

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Pocket Gamer Vs. TouchArcade!

Ultimate mobile SMACKDOWN!

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

14. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Skullduggery I guess

15. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Tomorrow's pick will most likely be Skullduggery.

16. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Is there a reason why TA hates PG so much? That's what I've been getting from the way TA refuses to quote or link PG for all the app freebies they've made for their advent event even though a lot of people were calling them out for it. Just curious.Hope this does not get me banned. :S

17. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    I don't think this is a personal hatred, this shows more of their lack of courtesy values.

18. El_Cid

El_Cid Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Romania
    They don't want to promote their competitor I suppose. Kind of petty.

19. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    They don't have Pocket Arcade, they simply refuse to give credit to other sources. A lack of class one may say.

20. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think Skull Duggery is Pocketgamer's free some of the day, from the discription it seems to be Apple Free App of the Week.