Top Rated iOS game giveaway (8-19 dec)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Woodrith, Dec 6, 2014.

?

Which freebie did you enjoy the most?

1. Shadow Blade

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Hoplite

18 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Doug Dug

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. The Nightmare Cooperative

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. The Journey Down: Ch 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Detective Grimoire

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Card City Nights

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  8. Skullduggery!

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. RGB Express

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Mucho Party

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Yup...

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I second that for kero blaster.. Looks like a great little platformer

3. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Each to his own opinion! #

4. Tanc24

Tanc24 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    This giveaway has been fun. None of the games have blown me away but who cares?!?!

I think gangstar Vegas is the best freebie thus far. I know that's not a pg giveaway but that's a lot of content for free , even if it is gameloft. :)

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Doug Dug. Unless Friday's release is "da bomb", the best freebie of this promotion for me has been Doug Dug.

6. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    The best freebie (so far) has to be Card City Nights, though I already had that one. Actually, I owned all of the games selected so far expect for Dug Dug, the Nightmare Coop., and Dectectice G. Out of those three, Dug Dug was my favorite. Hopefully PG saved the best for last, we'll know soon enough.

7. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I am in complete agreement with you. I've been playing the crud out of Card City Nights lately. Also, I owned all of them except for the ones you've mentioned as well.

8. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Kero is worth every cent. Many of these games haven’t been for me. If u haven't played kero just buy it

9. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    This. This game needs way more recognition; it's a bona fide classic, easily on my top ten for this year.

10. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    What's the game for the 19th, it's nearly the 20th in NZ and no decent games have gone free from the looks of things on AppZapp.

11. TraderJack

TraderJack Active Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I just checked on their website, and the last one seems to be "Mucho Party"

12. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    I just checked, yes it is mucho party. I still hope that it is a joke, this was a great promotion and all but it shouldn't have ended like this :(

13. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Yeah I hope this is a joke, looks just like some kids arcade game, I wanted something mainstream and at least half decent.

14. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Definitely the final game, super serial! To be fair, no real AAA titles would really go free, to much money to lose. There have some really great titles that went free with this promotion. For the devs it may or may not payoff, lose money and hope for future business or just lose money.....The dev of The Nightmare Cooperative didnt make much from the game, only 7,000 dl's. Now how many people took advantage of the free status?

I for one am overall happy with the giveaway, glad both PG and the devs could do this. Hope everyone has a great New Years coming up! May you get lost in a haze of booze, partying, and bad decision making...in the App Store!

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Yeap, what were we expecting, MHFU, Xcom, Oceanhorn and Final Fantasy? Its not only about which games got gold, but which could go free. I am grateful for that promotion, even if i only liked Shadowblade and Sculldaggery which i had already bought, so nothing for me.

Its just that with kicking off with Shadowblade, i got my hopes up and then there were stuff like RGB and Mucho Party...lol

16. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    Yup agree with this, wasn't expecting AAA titles but you know something better than that party game would be good lol.But got some great games from this promotion, thanks a lot PG we all appreciate this promotion, good christmas gifts I would say.

17. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I think they've done a really good job of selecting a wide range of games so there's something for everyone.

I already owned all but 3 of the games (Hoplite, Doug dug and Mucho Party) but RGB Express is an excellent puzzler which is in my Top 10 iOS games this year and I've been amazed by how much fun I've had with Doug dug.

I can see that Mucho Party won't appeal to everyone, but a nice party game before Christmas seems a perfect choice and I'm sure we'll be playing it over the holidays.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Out of this list, Shadow Blade for me.

19. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

*attacks Mucho Party* whatever happened to 'going out with a bang' or 'best for last'? :mad:

20. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Well..... Mucho party! No actually, sorry PG, I suppose that you had to hand out a variety of different genres for different people, thanks for the great promotion because I didn't actually own ANY of the games! I LOVE you all at PG! :)