Top Down Space Shooters

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Alichan76, May 25, 2009.

?

Which are your personal favorites?

1. Anomaly

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Belowscape

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Blue Attack!

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Nano Fighter

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Spheroids

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Stellar Blaster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 2079

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. None of the above. I'm holding out for Circuit Strike.One

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. None of the above. I'm holding out for Isotope

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I love CS.one with all my heart. A true piece of contemporary art (I know it's a bit melodramatic) It's an original ip for the platform, and offers a lip smacking amount of explosions, particle effects and cultural pastiche. It's not perfect and the leaderboards are currently being re-built, but it rises so far above it's drawbacks as to make them seem non-exsistant.

As far as a true top down scrolling shooter i'd go with SIIG all the way. The game is equally as awesome as CS.one and really does set the bar for the genre. With an infinite amount of levels, and nostalgic graphics, siig takes the crown for "scrolling top downs".

2. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    I disagree because of the nostalgic graphics, I played this game enough when I was little on my atari.

I like isotope the best for the game, and cs.one the best for graphics. To each his own.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Seriously? After about 3 levels SIIG is nothing like the old Space Invaders... I don't see how you can be tired of a game that's nothing like a game you used to play.

4. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    WELL, I'LL TELL YOU HOW, cause I didn't give it a chance and put it down before the end of the second level assuming (but only making an ass out of me) that it was a great redo but kept the basic gameplay of the original. Now I'm going to go and give it another, longer shot. Thanks.