Top 5 Zombie games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dariusjr98, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This. COD Zombies > Dead Trigger

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I don't know how to explain it. Yes, admittedly, I never did play co-op on the iOS version and I know COD: Zombies has a lot more features. But there's just something about the iOS version of COD: Zombies that bored me (I've played the console versions embedded in World at War, etc., and enjoyed them). Believe me, I know I'm in the minority, but I never felt like the IAPs in Dead Trigger were bad and I just, frankly, have had more fun with it.

Just a personal preference. I can respect the fact that most other people would disagree.

3. Why is there such a zombie fetish in ios games? Why not trolls? They get no love!

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    There's just something about zombies, ninjas, birds and aliens, I guess.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah... The same happened to me. The iOS version turned me of at start (guess because of the controls and no chat option in co-op). But I got used to it (after days of 24/7).

Hell I still listen to Beauty of annihilation and think of how to build die wunderwaffe when I have nothing better to do haha

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You forgot pirates... Robots and goblins are falling behind.

7. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    The Zombie games that have not left my phone since they got installed are:
    Contract Killer: Zombies, Dead Raid, Zombie Gunship and Zombie Highway.

Notable games I've played:
    - Yay! Zombies (Zombie version of Fruit Ninja)
    - Shoot many Zombies!
    - Rage HD (those are zombies, right?)
    - Zombie HQ
    - Dead Trigger
    - Free Zombie Hero - Kill Angry War Ninja
    - Judge Dredd vs Zombies
    - Zombie Ace
    - Zombie Panic in Wonderland
    - Pro Zombie Soccer
    - Zombies Loli
    - Cat Nabbin' Zombies
    -

I might be missing a few, those are the ones I remember.

8. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Trolls get plenty of love. Just check out the Dead Trigger thread for proof. :p

Ba, bum, bum...

9. Yeah, we are. Don't know what that guy was thinking when posting that reply on TOUCH ARCADE .com

10. I see where you're coming from, and I've personally never played the CoD zombie iOS games yet, but Dead Trigger is still lots of fun. I think what turns people off is the IAPs, which they think they must use to "win" at this game. But in reality, all you need is tapjoy and you're set. Using tapjoy alone, I was easily able to get over 1,000 gold, which of course is the currency needed to buy the "better" weapons in the game. Now I blow through levels with ease.

11. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    - Plants vs Zombies
    - Zombie Smash
    - Zombie Gunship
    - Zombie Highway
    - Cant think of a fifth

12. RodGreen

RodGreen Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I'm curious if any of you guys have tried our zombie game Brainsss? It's a game where you're the zombie swarm, rounding up and munching on humans to convert them to zombies.

If you have, I would love to get your feedback (PM, or just reply here).

If you haven't, I'm curious is it because you didn't really hear of it? You weren't interested? Price point turned you off? etc.

We're about to relaunch a new update with a lot of requested/new features.. so I'm hoping that there's something there that would get you zombiephiles excited.

13. phongtt

phongtt Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2012
    - Plants vs. Zombies (I was greatly hooked into this game)
    - Whack the Zombie (my game >.<)

14. Price point is off. Plus, I know nothing about you devs, or anything about your game, so, if I may ask, why should I buy your game? It's not being rude or anything.

15. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Agreed, Im kinda cheap at times and I don't think I'll fork over $3 for I game I've never really heard of.No offense but money doesn't grow on trees.I don't mean to be mean but that's just my opinion.

16. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Zombie Tsunami?

Has anyone played this game? I love this game, and am hooked on it. It's FREE for another few days, so get it while you can.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Had it since day one when it was Zombie Carnaval. One of my favorite runners.

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The IAP isn't really a problem for me, but look at all my other points. Hey I've got an idea. Go buy COD WaW zombies (not COD BoZ), then download Palringo (it's free) and we can play a few games of co-op. You'll see the what I'm talking about.

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I disagree. I mean: a burger and a coca-cola cost 3 bugs. You eat it in 2 min and you've got basicaly nothing from it. Now think how much time and money was invested in one game and ask yourself again: "is it worth 3 bucks?". People got too (insert some word here that I don't know) because of all the free or 0.99$ games.

20. RodGreen

RodGreen Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    #40 RodGreen, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    I guess we did a bad job at getting the word out there. We really tried, we contacted a lot of people and got a great review on TA (mentioned on the podcast + the recent ta plays plight of the zombie). Writeups in Joystiq, Kotaku and others.

We're two guys, Yeong-Hao Han and myself Rod Green. We're one of the fragments that broke off from Project Offset to do our own thing. Before that I was at BioWare and Yeong-Hao was at Pandemic. While Brainsss is our first game as our new company and on mobile we've both been doing games for awhile.

So we don't have a iOS pedigree you can look at and say hey I liked their other game. But Brainsss does review well and has a lot of content - we even kept a development blog going for 2 year but I'm not sure how many people read it.