Top 5 best iphone games ever

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by YouSuckDude, Nov 22, 2010.

1. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    1. Modern combat 2
    2. GTA: Chinatown wars
    3. Civilization revolution
    4. Prince of Persia: warrior within
    5. Touchgrind

2. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    -angry birds
    -fragger
    -cut the rope
    -modern combat 2
    -trees of doom

3. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Can't decide what order:

Modern Combat 2
    Harry Potter: Years 1 to 4
    Fifa 11
    Fruit Ninja
    Prince of Persia: WW

4. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Deja vu thread.

My best games list is in my signature, too many of them to choose only 5.

5. Invadorgrey

Invadorgrey Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    student
    Chicago
    Modern Combat 2
    Cut the Rope
    Angry Birds
    Asphalt 5
    Archetype

6. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    My top five

-opinion
    -opinion
    -opinion
    -opinion
    -opinion

7. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Currently:

1. Modern Combat 2
    2. Galaxy on Fire 2
    3. Fruit Ninja
    4. Gangstar 2
    5. Samurai 2

8. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Eliss
    Edge (Pref. HD)
    GTA CTW
    Real Racing
    Galaxy on Fire 2 (Pref. HD)

...My list of games that instantly came to mind but there are plenty of contenders

9. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Galaxy on Fire 2
    Chaos Rings
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Pac-Man: Championship Edition
    Jet Car Stunts

10. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    i honestly don't see how MC2 isn't a unanimous vote. if i were trapped on an island with my iphone, a wall charger, and a wifi connection, i'd be perfectly content gettin down on modern combats multiplayer for hours on end.

11. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Dunno why you'd wanna play that generic mess of a game when you could just play proper FPS on PC...

For me it has to go to games designed for touch screen controls and not poor imitations;

- Doodle Jump
    - Angry Birds
    - Tilt to Live
    - Monkey Island 2
    - Game Dev story
    - FS5 hockey (great laugh with friends)

I know that's six but they're the games I've had the most fun with. Other games like Cut the Rope and Fruit Ninja should be there too. The iPhone is really a casual gaming device, it's horrible to try to play games like GTA CTW or any FPS on the device, the controls are too slow and cumbersone... much better with real buttons and a mouse.

12. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    In a way, I kind of agree with this.
    However, the iPhone allows you to play downgraded versions of those quality games in a portable fashion. I don't see you carrying around your PC in your pocket....instead, a game like MC2 satisfies your craving for an FPS while being easy to carry around. Granted, it's nothing on console gaming, but then that was never really the purpose was it?
    And the iPhone can spit up some classics-Space Miner is one of the best games I have played, console or not

13. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    i respectfully disagree. with the ipod touch/iphone being marketed as a gaming device we're seeing games pop up on cell phones that are near console quality. obviously you don't think thats very cool, however me on the other hand love it. I'm not home enough to justify purchasing a ps3 or 360, however carpooling to work and playing GTA or getting in a few rounds of online MC2 is so fun. not to mention non smart phone owners jaws drop when they see what the idevice is capable of. they cant believe im pretty much playing cod on a phone.

14. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
  15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well when you aren't at home and can't play a FPS game on your PC or Console, then Modern Combat 2 is the next best thing. I think that the iPhone is by far the best platform for FPS games than any other portable device (i.e PSP or DS) in terms of graphics, controls and convenience. If you don't like the more hardcore games then that's fair enough, but many people love them.

16. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Portable or not it's still a problem when FPS on iphone are very very very very far to compare to plenty of the good to best fps on PC, from any point of view, depth, controls, quality of vision. Ie it's quite similar but quite pale in comparison and that's a huge problem.

Now for people fans of fps on iphone well I'm alot suspicious about this, because know from age that many many people like elect a device as their favorite device and see everything on the device as the best than on any, and so on.

Now if you can't like play other games than fps, then ok your iphone is a bless but that doesn't mean it worth it, it's just obsession.

17. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    Dude it's more than an hour after 420 but that post made absolutely no sense to me. I read it over multiple times. Are you saying modern combat is cool or not? Lol

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The previous posters right: this post defeats itself in any meaning.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. I like playing FPS games on my PS3, but when I'm not at home to play my PS3, I like to play FPS games on my iPhone. Sure they aren't anywhere near as good as modern PC FPS games, but I honestly don't care. The basic gameplay is still there (moving and shooting in a first person view point) and just because iPhone FPS games don't have the best graphics, it doesn't mean they're not fun. After all, I still play old Rainbow Six games on my PC, Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear is my favourite FPS of all time and it could easily run on an iPhone.

20. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    This.

There are way too many games on iOS to pick just 5 anyway. I have HUNDREDS of games, and dozens and dozens of good games on my Touch 4. At some point I need to actually play them all, or at least most of them. :p