Top 15 most impressive Iphone Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cavalcadegames, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavalcadegames

cavalcadegames Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
  2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    ok list. I think Doodle jump shouldnt be there and MotionX poker should be higher.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #3 Kamazar, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
    Labyrinth?! I would've gone with Wooden Labyrinth 3D which is a much more impressive title.

My pick:

F.A.S.T because of the graphics and gameplay (+ Wi-Fi multiplayer), and NFS for graphics. Oh, and Pocket God because they had to come up with a crapload of tricks to get everything running smoothly.

Edit: I salute you for labeling EDGE #7.

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I agree. It is not more impressive than every Tower Defense game.

5. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Touchgrind, F.A.S.T., Star Defense (maybe), and some game like Assassins Creed/Hero of Sparta.

I agree with Real Racing as #1!

6. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I'd be more apt to trust your judgment if you knew how to post in the correct forum :)

7. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    doodle jump and flight control shouldn't be on there, theres nothing to impressive about them there just ok time wasting games, sway should of been higher,i also think hero of sparta should have been on there, great game,especially for iphone. but the top 8 list you have besides a few are pretty much perfect, edge, zenonia, real racing great picks.

8. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #8 Alichan76, Jun 28, 2009
    Labyrinth and Doodle Jump - Simple games made really well.
    Motion X - Mind blowing graphically, with a solid game play element.
    Drop 7 - Again, a great addictive game with clean graphics.
    Trism - Although I love the art style, I find this game too random (maybe just me). I know you can see the next colour on the side of the screen, but even so, it all feels too much like I'm not in control of what is going on with this one.
    Aurora Feint - What is it? RPG? Match 3? I am slowly learning that neither are my cup of tea, so this one is off my list.
    Flight Control - Great game, but in all honesty Habor Master holds much more attention for me.
    Edge - A masterpiece, however I have recently discovered Eliss, which really is a retro gamers paradise...
    Castle of Magic - Nice idea. Lag and unresponsive controls throw it off my list though.
    Zenonia - Where is the up-date? I wanted to like this but, I think I am just not an RPG kind of player after all. Added to that really crass spelling, and dodgy controls, this one bit the dust a long time ago...
    Rolando - Wanted to like it. Really. Wonderful production values, but there is only so much fun you can have moving balls around...
    Zen Bound - From balls to string.....I rest my case...
    Sims - No interest in managing the daily life of a sprite. Next!
    RR - Richly deserved no.1 spot. Very impressive. It's possible that F.A.S.T beats it though...

9. Hobbes

Hobbes Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Good list tho harbor master should be in it

10. cavalcadegames

Apr 21, 2009
    sorry about that

@canuck - Doh. sorry about that. thanks to the admin for transferring the thread.

@sundance, @socal - really debated on whether to put touchgrind in there, but i had trouble with how they implemented the controls. In hindsight though, i would swap Touchgrind with Drop7 (they ripped off chain control)

FAST i wasnt able to try it until now, but yeah its pretty impressive.

ISR too, very wipeout 'inspired'

11. cavalcadegames

Apr 21, 2009
    Harbor Master is very fun but its represented by Flight Control as HB is clearly inspired by FC and in good time too!

12. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    need for speed

13. cavalcadegames

Apr 21, 2009
    #13 cavalcadegames, Jun 28, 2009
    Doodle jump is impressive in terms of its tilt only control as well as the social networking features its strongly tied to. The paper aesthetic is heavily imitated now too.

Flight control seems simplistic but its 3-4 layers deep in terms of gameplay.

Hero of sparta i havent played enough of it to really know. but the 1st impression was it was a bit generic but i could probably be wrong. it just seemed not the best fit for an iPhone game.

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Doodle jump and Flight Control shouldn't be on the list, they're just overhyped games.

Labyrinth is fine because it's the original and the controls work better for some reasons. Wooden Labyrinth is a 'me too' attempt with gimmicky 3D and shake to jump feature.

15. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    MotionX is one of the worst games in the store as far as game play. Great graphics but the game play is mindless monotony.

Trism, Galcon, Dapple, Rogue Touch, Real Racing.. are some titles that offer deeper, long lasting, fun game play.

16. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Give Castle of Magic another try on a 3GS... The controls become responsive enough, and things snap into place.