Universal Toon Shooters 2: The Freelancers (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Enjoyed the original Toon Shooters so of course gave this a try and its without hesitation to unlock the premium. Nice work devs!

2. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    We remember you from writing that excellent players guide to Superboys! Jonathan has been working the recent update, I'll look at some of my bugs and your suggestions on that game too. If you liked Superboys then there is still Bootclub very close to completion too. Would you rather see that or the new ToonShooters expansion stages first?

3. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope the changes we made to the new game are to your preference, the difficulty is a bit harder than the first game.

Glad you played the original game too, if you liked that then you might be interested to know that we are adding more stages including a revamped version of the desert fortress stage from the first game.

4. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    The difficulty on the recycler is probably too much, there will be another update coming next week for cloud saving and we will keep a close eye on certain bosses that might be too hard - the suspects are blackbird, recycler and the great one.

I will be trying to reproduce and fix the bugs on multiplayer, it would be a shame for a few bugs to ruin our major feature.

5. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Wow that's amazing :eek: Yeah I did write guides to SuperBoys, I love the game so much. I am still missing Azuron though, despite using tons of gems in the draft :(

And ToonShooters2 is really amazing too, your games are getting better and better ;)

I would like to see BootClub first I think, from the videos I saw it looks awesome, and I love fighting games. :cool: But I would also appreciate ToonShooters expansion stages, so it is your call, after all, you are the ones doing all the hard work ! Your efforts are really appreciated, I just got the new bug fix update this morning, that was quick!! :p

6. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Any estimated date for the cloud save update? I am itching to factory reset my iPhone and don't want to lose my progress.

7. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Im kinda hoping Boot Club is out in December but there's so much non-game stuff that happens in between it's a bit sad but necessary (all the marketing & testing).

Probably smart to try and finish Boot Club first and when we have to do that 3-4 week waiting period, we work on the next campaign of 5 stages (they'll come in small chunks)

There's quite a few multiplayer issues we have to address and to answer Sop, Apple gave us a deadline of Nov 22 for the account so it has to be sometime before the end of next week :) Sorry to hold you up on that... It's awesome Apple take less than a day for approvals now, I dread the old 1 week waiting times

Got a couple pics of stuff im working on:
    Fortress (inside)
    [​IMG]

Atomic boys
    [​IMG]

Mutant city (working on this now)
    [​IMG]

Guess it's safe to post one bonus Boot Club pic (Simon getting duffed up by Abigail in the back):
    [​IMG]

8. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Cool stuff, you guys rock!

9. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015

Multiplayer is really the best part of the game, and I like the new way to revive someone, by fetching their green bubble. Also, the cool-down between death and appearance of bubble is just right, so no balance issues there. Is there a difficulty multiplier in multiplayer? Is it a fixed multiplier or does it vary depending on the numbers of players in the game at that time?

The new stages look awesome. You did some great effort on those, I love how all the decorations in your stages really contribute to make the theme. For example the jumping snakes/dragons in the Malice stage, or the massive spaceships in the last stage. Really love that.

And I am definitely looking forward to those new stages, especially Atomic Boys, it's gonna be a fun navigation stage :D

I'm having troubles with the boss Malice in the solo mode. Using Otis, is it possible to beat it? I keep dying extremely fast to the missiles above, and I dont think I understand the technique. Is it by hitting the two side structures that launch missiles/ It does damage to the boss but little...I just die way too quick to the missiles. Maybe I'm not using the right character? I tried hitting the boss but its impossible since he is under his own arms, and hitting the sides (the arms) don't deal damage.

10. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011

For each new player that joins, the enemy HP and damage goes up by around 15%, we are still balancing this. So generally each person that joins will still increase your chances of success.

Malice is a tricky boss for a solo Otis, I would say the key threat is from the enemies that spawn from the left, so you need to keep hanging back near the top left but occasionally the laser beams will trap you so you need to move around. The pets help to block the missiles too, and upgrading the bombs will help to kill the weak point.

11. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I just noticed the characters level up. My Yolo Creed is now level 3. Unfortunately I can't find any description of how this effects anything. Does anyone know?

12. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    The level increases your max potential (from the P pickups, you should notice your 'shot' power increase on the 1st P. Your health goes up a bit as well.

The latest update 1.2 has been released now, it addresses a couple of multiplayer issues and lowered the game difficulty especially for large co-op games.

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does this update have the cloud save?

14. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Nope that's in 1.3, the other guys are working hard to get it right because of the risk involved dealing with accounts/progress. I'll make sure to write here when it's out, maybe Kwok can confirm but it should be submitted this week.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #55 LordShad0wz, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Hey there Mario,

So I finally had a chance to really play the game today. I think I've played for over 2 hours. I played online multiplayer and it was really seamless. I started a new game after changing my name from guest and pretty much 3 others joined right away. I love how you can bring dead players back. I like how that is done. Multiplayer is actually really fun. I'm going to write a full review and give it a rating but I have a few questions.

1) I saw you will be adding more levels. Thank god. I already made it near the end. I'd love to see, especially for multiplayer, some sort of endless where it gets harder as you go. For single and multiplayer. Would that be possible or something you guys would entertain? I'd pay for this new mode.

2) do you have plans for a cash doubler IAP? I actually burned through all of the opt in ads fast. I don't even think there were that many to view.

3) what's the point of the pets when we don't start out with them? After playing multiplayer I was pretty happy with the experience so I purchased the Premium upgrade. With the money I purchased the homing missile and when I went to play I don't even start with it. I was disappointed.

4) can we please upgrade our main gun as well? Even if it's just a little bit? It would give us more to spend cash on as well.

That's it for now. Can I say so far I really really really love the level with the Star destroyers and all of the fighters filling the screen. It's a pretty intense experience. More of that please! I love all of the different characters. The game is well worth the $5 with just a bit of reservation about the amount of levels. Once you answer my questions I'll write a full review and give it my score. I had never even heard of you guys until I played Super Boys. I became a fan with that game and have played everything since.

Billy

EDIT- lol I don't know why but I tapped the little ? Next to the characters name. All these hours of playing and I had no idea there was a charged shot lol. It's great. I love how it's incorporated into the A button. It works flawlessly. The charged shots kick ass too since they take so little time to charge. I'm working on upgrading the Yolo Creed character. I'm almost level 3. I really like this ship although it carries too few super weapons. Even with ammo at full it only carries 2????

16. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    #56 S-Mario, Nov 17, 2016
    Hey Lords :) (Simon here, the S-Mario is short for Simon Marriott)

I read a lot of people like the revive concept, it's what gives the game the whole teamwork ethic and best of all you can communicate with other people without even saying a word!

1) I'm determined to add quality content to this game over the course of a year, I guess this type of game is not everyone's cup of tea but if we make one of the most complete side-shmups on the market then it can't be a bad think. So, the first content plan is for 5 stages and my second plan is an endless and/or looping mode. Not sure what the name or theme is yet but theres quite a lot of time for suggestions (thinking more competitive edge, scores, leaderboards, achieves?)

2) No plans for a coin doubler, however if we were to do that it seems fairer to put a smaller % bonus in the premium version instead.

3) The pets change was more a throwback so you appreciate the upgrades more and rewards you for learning the game and staying alive. It's possible there aren't enough P's in multiplayer because they aren't shared.

4) For weapon upgrades, we wanted the players to have to earn something through play time alone and felt the 'shot' was the best way of rewarding them. It came down to what we felt was best for the game experience. The upgraded (A) weapon can get beefy quickly. On Yolo's ammo, his upgrades are fewer because the UFO super move has invincibility for you and the whole team in multiplayer. It's extremely strong in a team, you could imagine if someone had 5 charges they could get through a sizeable portion of the boss fight without caring.

Speaking of reviews, I don't think we've had any yet from sites/blogs so you'll be among the first :)

Thanks a lot for your questions & suggestions!

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #57 LordShad0wz, Nov 17, 2016
    Hi Simon,

Thank you for such a fast reply!!!

As to #1 that is fantastic!!!! Thank you! That's exactly what I had hoped for. I still think level 5 is the best one so far. I can play that one over and over and not get tired of it. But for this game to have a survival/endless mode for single and multiplayer really would add permanent replayability. It sounds like you guys have thought ahead.

As to the rest. I'm mainly a single player gamer. I normally don't like using multiplayer. In this game, however, I found it so seamless and fun I can see myself actually using the multiplayer on a regular basis. I played multiplayer for about an hour straight and had no lag, no stuttering of other players, and no dropped games. I was really impressed. I actually LIKE that there is no chat because you'll end up getting abusive people anyways. It always ends up that way. As to the super weapons to be honest I didn't even notice that it made us invulnerable. I don't even find yolo's super weapon that powerful. I actually like the character you start with a super weapon more lol. That's why I wished we could have more than 2. Maybe you could add 1 more??? Hehe.

I do have one other question. Why didn't you include 1 free continue per play in the premium upgrade? Normally that's how it's done. I quickly ran out of ads using them for coins to finish Yolo, which I still haven't, so II can't continue using the ad option and I'm almost out of continues. I've already spent $6. I don't want to have to keep spending on continues. I don't like consumable IAP because it cannot be restored.

I'll leave a nice 5 star review on the AppStore today. It should show up tomorrow.

Billy

EDIT- So I went and downloaded Toon Shooters 1. I love that game too lol. You guys should update it and put in auto screen rotation. I'd definitely purchase the IAP in that game if it was updated. I can't play with the home button to the left. I see there's permanent pets IAP. I'd buy that :p You guys really do make great games.

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Man the more I play this game the more I love it. Level 5 is still my favorite. I really hope you make more like it. I also love the level with the 3 headed dragon boss. That boss kicked my ass lol.

I usually don't like multiplayer but I tell ya in this game I absolutely love it.

When you guys do add proper accounts will we be able to have a friends list? I'd love to get some TA people together and play. I can't wait for cloud saves too. I'm just nervous that when you guys do it I'll lose my progress upon update lol. Been there done that a million times. But I'm having faith!!!

Billy

19. S-Mario

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Hey Billy

Awesome you enjoy multiplayer as someone who usually doesn't :) it was always our hope to make something where anyone could jump in quickly and play (especially coop). We learned quite a lot this week and that will only make our future updates and games that much better.

Difficulty still seems a bit too high for entry level, I think Kwok is going to bring it down a notch and make some changes to collision damage.

iCloud being worked on now, when it's live you just need to make sure all the devices you want to sync are logged in. It's designed in a smart way and you shouldn't even notice it's there (which is good)

I'll check out your idea for the premium version it sounds good, I'm all for giving that version more benefits.

20. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Once our devices have been synced to the cloud if I delete the app or buy a new device and install the game again, will I be able to get my progress back?