Universal Toon Shooters 2: The Freelancers (By Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. alexilalas

alexilalas Member

Nov 10, 2016
    God
    Across the universe
    Very nice game, really fun. Only one bad thing, why I'm passing through the floor?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I found that a lot of my issues on multiplayer disappeared when I switched from wifi to LTE. It's weird because that's the opposite of my experience with most games, but it seems to work for me here.

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hmmm. Well, that's good to know! :)

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Thanks for that! If a game is THIS good, lots of times I like to have it on both my iPad AND my phone! Or sometimes, I feel some games are better played on a small screen and vice-versa! :D

5. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Yeah cos we heard that TA and android are sworn enemies but in the case of live co-op the more players coming from different platforms the better!

I've joined in a few live games and found that its a bit on the hard side, seems that most people can't get past the Blackbird boss on stage 3, and Cyclonius on stage 5 (his name is wrong on current version and displays as halcyon).

Please keep posting your bugs or where you are stuck in game, which boss is too hard etc, I'll try to gather all your feedback and issues found for a quick update. Luckily apple now approves updates in about a day or two.

My list of things to do so far:
    - (A) button switch in settings doesn't work.
    - Live co-op too hard
    - Blackbird and Cyclonius too hard (just my observation)
    - Midbosses overlap slightly too much in the boss rush on stage 8

6. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Loving the game - it's absolutely fantastic.
    (It's the only thing that's been able to take me away from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the last 2 weeks!)

One thing I have noticed though is that the player's power level seems to be inconsistent, after choosing to continue, or restart from a checkpoint.

I may be misunderstanding what is meant to happen, but it *seems* that sometimes I continue with the level of power I had before death, and sometimes I start with the base power level. Same with restarting from a checkpoint.

Of course in the old days, if your character died, you'd lose all your power-ups.
    Makes perfect sense.
    It's just that sometimes I seem to keep them (which is preferable, to be honest).

Am I seeing (or misunderstanding) things?

Other than that, thanks for a fantastic game.
    You guys always release QUALITY, which is why I have pretty much all of your games.

7. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    The intended design is back to the old days where you lose everything on dying regardless of respawning, continuing or checkpoint. Its probably a bug then, I'd better take a look.

The reason we went back to this way is that we believe you get more of a rush from quickly getting power ups. Toonshooters 1 lets you keep everything but I think that loses something, and you become numb to starting each stage with 2 pets and the kitchen sink around you. You do keep your RPG style upgrades and levels, thats for the slower build up in the long run. Best of both worlds we hope.

What do you think of the difficulty? and thanks for sticking by us!

8. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Yes, that sounds good.
    Building up your power during a level is indeed fun.

I think the difficulty is fine so far.
    A few bosses have taken a few attempts, but that's to be expected.
    Nothing has felt "impossible" so far.

9. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I need that icon in the form of a keychain, coffee mug, tshirt, hoodie, swimming pool & boat covers, skateboard, puppy & cat coats, bbq grill cover, Convers All Stars, card deck, kaleidoscope...

10. Danibi

Danibi Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Male
    Game Developer
    Rome
    Ahaha, a little Star Wars. I like it.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I've found the single player campaign quite enjoyable. I am horribly stuck on the recycler but I'm sure I'll get past him with a few more upgrades. The multiplayer experience continues to be mixed. I had several games in a row with no issues, then I just spawned into a game where the boss and player ships were scrolling but the screen was not. In other words my ship kept going right even if I wasn't touching the controls and the boss went all the way offscreen and could not be hit.

12. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Awesome game, can't put this one down!
    I purchased premium pack to support devs ##

13. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    When the update comes out to add iCloud, will our current progress be saved or will we have to start again?

14. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Try their other games!! They have a few action RPG's that will blow your socks off!!

These guys/gals make great games!

15. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Maximus and Blackmoor!!!

Two great games by them, and by all means do the original Toon Shooter!!

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #36 7lilwhitewolf7, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    IKR
    When i took a gander @ it i immediately thought of Thumb Wars

Iz anyone checkin out their music? I'm taking my time cuz i know i'm bout 2 b Amazed

Everytime i get a great Shmup/Bullet Heaven on my iDevice -#I ❤️ sayin tht word# iDevice# yup, i go back to Vritra 4 controls then tht goes to my love 4 Björk then that goes towhen i think of colors in Awesome Videogames like this. When you come to Mooff Games playground you know you are about to have some funtaztic times. I ❤️ tht word too!

###FUNTAZTIC###
    Thank You Again Jean Grae#❤️

So cool to memorize a level so you can fly thru again to see what iz going on.
    This world iz Amazing to fly around in.
    WOW

I'm an 80's Baby so to see alot of reference in your games juz helps my 7th childhood more fun
    when i play any of your masterpieces.
    Thank You Devs for your insanely Action packed beautiful Awesome heArtwork#❤️

17. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Current progress will be saved (no wipe)

To Royce, I think Kwok will be looking at that kind of multi bug.. sorry when that happens

Thanks for the shout outs Wolf & Dog

Update 1.1 is out with the button swapping bug fixed, some difficulty tweaking (a bit easier) and some multiplayer lobby improvements (names truncated + spacing is correct)

18. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Did you fix the issue with the boss which has the wrong name?

19. kwokx@hotmail.com

Jan 31, 2011
    Yup turns out I just got confused on the boss rush stage, the name was correct. Now the biggest bugs are in multiplayer when you join a game in certain places you don't see the game properly. That will be tricky to find and reproduce but I'm on it.

20. Tempestyze

Tempestyze Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Hi kwokx

Hi kwokx, I really love Mooff Games' new Toon Shooters 2. It's awesome, I played multiplayer and really had fun, we were 5 and had to revive each other to win, and we eventually completed all stages! I now have to do more upgrades in solo mode. Really loving this game, I will be purchasing the premium pack, probably.

I wanted to ask you something kind of off-topic: are you going to push an update to fix some bugs/add stuff for Super Boys? I posed several bugs on the thread ( http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=274904&highlight=star&page=41 ). I know you're focused on developing a new game and have just released Toon Shooters 2 so you're really busy, but I was just asking because I really love Super Boys.

Anyway, keep developing awesome games, you're the best studio out there, I have all your games and love them all. :D It's always so fun to discover a new game of yours. :p

Thanks!