Too many games to play.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    i kind of went nuts in the last month:

Dragon Age: played 1 hour
    Baldur's Gate... 2 hours
    Legend of Grimrock 1.... 10 hours
    Democracy 3.... 1 hour... I might not be smart enough for this game
    WoW..... Tons of hours
    Diablo 3..... 4 hours.

But a whole bunch of iOS games, that I play before bed.... Another 20 hours.... Loving SimCity BuildIt.....not buying any IAP from EA. I do buy some IAP, though.... Just not EA.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    The economy of time, these days I try to only buy what I'll play and typically play through until completion unless a primarily MP orientated game.

I enjoy more the less I have to play. A single good solid meal as opposed to glut of junk food.

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #3 bigrand1, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    So many games, so little time! Like a Las Vegas buffet! Eat as much as you can now and deal with it later! That's what I do!

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

All I do is play whatever is available on my 360 for a few hours then grabbing my 5C and playing my backlog lol

5. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    My PSVita will arrive sometime during this month and I'm getting what I'd call an 'must get' list but also Bloodborne is getting out, then Payday 2: Crimeware Edition, Uncharted 4, and then MGS V, then add that my girlfriend just got a Wii U, and on top add a big iOS backlog with some RPGs and then you get a busy, nonetheless happy Outlander all the year. :D

6. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Oh, and I bought NeverWinter Nights, but haven't played it yet.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Papa Deuce - you are a funny guy.

Dont sweat the small stuff, enjoy your games. Gaming is like dollars - there are always more out there than you will ever have. Have fun, play stuff you like, dont waste time on things you dont like. Being a gamer for many years (about 40), i used to be able to keep up. I gave up about 5 years ago when ios started becoming popular. I have literally spent hundreds of dollars on games that i have never, and will never play. Oh well. I take heart in the Hello dolly line of " money is like manure".

Dragon Age Inquisitions is an excellent game - worth more than a 1 hour of investment. Put in 10 hours and if you dont like it - quit. I was hooked about 7 hours in.

But, there is more to life than gaming. Unfortunately, playing games has no lasting value. Reading books, advancing a hobby, improving or starting new relationships are ultimately probably more worthwhile, but humans are naturally self absorbed and selfish, so gaming probably fulfills some inner need of self - so game on, as long as your world is wider than just gaming, and judging from other posts, it is. Guilt can be motivating, shame is destructive : find some balance and accept who you are.

8. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Don't forget to tell him that'll be $100 for the therapy session! I can do that too, but I can also prescribe Meds!! ;)

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Actually so can i. :). But, i dont get paid for counselling.

10. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Pluto, you and I must be very close in age.

Part of me feels like I am too old to still be gaming, and the other part buys the games to prove the first part wrong.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    :D:D:D

So i tell the "kids" when i was born the US had 48 states. They look at me like it must have been caveman days.

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I don't know why but I had just assumed mid 30's, respect.

13. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #13 bigrand1, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Lotsa ganja. :eek: