Universal Tons of Bullets! (By FredBear Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I have an Air with iOS 10.0.1 under the hood

2. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    iPhone 6S running game iOS 10

3. babaroga73

babaroga73 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    #23 babaroga73, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Hey , how is it working on Apple TV with siri and/or with MFI gamepad ???? I'm kinda eager to buy it , but will like to hear someones opinion on that.

EDIT: OKAY , I bought it ...... Someone said RAGE QUIT ??? That's exactly what I just did... I've played at least 500 games in my life , love the good arcade platformer , but this is silly. Graphics and everything about it is top notch, except one thing.. CONTROLS !!!

We are talking AppleTV4 with MFi gamepad here.

Pushing the control like I want to break a button is not my kind of thing .... WE NEED PRECISION !!!!

Character is moving like on ice, slow to start, then speeding, slow to stop. Double jump is ridiculous. Half the time it lags and the obstacles require precision. I'm talking first and second level here. I'm not a masochist here, neiter I wish to break my gamepad. Please WORK ON THE CONTROLS AND MOVEMENT. Also, loading is kinda drag when You see it 20 times in one minute. Also, I've noticed a slight of stutter on double jump over the rotating hammer.This too impacts precision of jump.

I will underline here: THIS GAME IS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!! TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST! (just work on the snappy and responsive controls and get rid of the slide)

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Man, this forum is troubling! I was coming on here to ask if this is as good as it looks - I'm also a sucker for a metroidvania.

Looks like I'll be holding off till the issues get ironed out.

5. FredBear Games

FredBear Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Thanks for your feedback.

We appreciate this can be a bit hardcore and from beta testing the users were 90% happy with the controls but we can also see the flipside to this.

We have passed this information to the dev to see if he can slicken the controls in any way.

Thanks for taking the time to feedback so massive thanks to you all as we look to work on what we can from you guys (and gals) to make it as polished as it can be so it can be fully enjoyed by all!

6. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I'm alright with the controls. They could be better, but they kind of remind me of an old NES controller. If they got better, I'd be stoked but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

I feel like it's the good kind of rage quit. I put it down, pick it up later and beat that one part.

Devs! I'm a believer in this game. Please just fix the game breakers and we good okay?

7. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Same issue I'm having. But I'm loving the game overall. I would love to have the A, B and C buttons customizable because it's hard to reach them at the bottom of the screen on an iPad

8. Charliepinkytoe

Jan 8, 2015
    Full Steam Ahead

will ya'll be releasing Tons of Bullets on Steam in the future!?....thanks

9. playplayfun

playplayfun Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Yes we would on both Steam and Android in the near future once the bugs are ironed out :)

10. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Looks promising and I'd love to try it out on my apple tv with MFI, but the comments about the controls are making me hold off for now it see if or how the fix turns out if there is one

11. babaroga73

babaroga73 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    One long jump (push and hold) and immediately another jump .... get the hang of it in open space .... (immediately ... that's one english word I'll never learn how to spell)

12. playplayfun

playplayfun Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2015
    Your "immediately" spelling is flawless :)

13. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    Hi All - A cheeky little Halloween present for you all - TONS OF BULLETS the 2D Retro Adventure platformer is giving you Tons of Promo Codes, so grab yours now and download for free!

L33MKMFHKL6R
    93Y9LKPXWHKP
    3KTAPTTE797P
    E7PK9NRPJW67
    34MW3WNFP97E
    3A9FRLT4XKRN
    4WHRTWP3RKYF
    Y9L7AH3RNPPR
    R374HR3JA4NR
    ANY3AX94WX7H

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Used 3A9FRLT4XKRN

TouchArcade gave it a pretty good review and I've been wanting to try it out. Thanks, FredBear.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Fredbear,

Thank you very much. I took Y9L7AH3RNPPR

I will play the game for an hour and report back later this evening with a review. That really was nice of you to just give out some codes.

Billy

16. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    No worries, Halloween coming up so it's our treat :)

17. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Took this one R374HR3JA4NR

Game looks awesome, cant wait to try it out.

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    The game is really good!

I only would like to toggle music off... :(

19. FredBear Games

Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
    You can from the home screen :)

20. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I grabbed ANY3AX94WX7H.

I also had a hard time with the controls. The first big obstacle I encountered was getting back down the ladder in the house where you find the pistol. It took me about a minute and I still don't know what I did to finally get down the ladder. After entering the blue house, I died twice trying to get to the second floor but kept falling or getting kicked to the first floor. It was hard to tell what was going on with the house shaking. Pairing the controls with timed areas, makes for a fairly frustrating experience. It was enough for me to give up, quit the game and delete it.

On the flip side, I really liked the music and the graphics.