Tone Sphere -> Free!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Sep 25, 2012.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Lol I didn't notice he actually posted that.

2. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    I also have to agree that the music is lackluster, but I do like the whole visual concept of the game. I know the music is FREE, and I really appreciate that, but my personal opinion about the music is enough to make me play this game less than I want to. Even Groove Coaster has better music than this, and that's an understatement.

Best music is and will always be from KONAMI's BEMANI franchise.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I don't like the music. I love the game though. :shrug:

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Dang, now I have to add Cytus on my to buy queue.

Thanks for nothing!:p

5. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Nice thing about Cytus is if you're injured or handicapped and can't hit notes with any sort of precise timing it'll always say that you're "perfect" regardless.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The hit areas are all decent size so there are fewer unfair moments like in Tone Sphere where in many levels you have nested targets that are impossible to see until it's too late. If it were that easy in Cytus I'd have perfect 100% on every level. I've only managed that on a couple levels. Cytus is as much about following patterns and memorization as it is keeping in rhythm with the game rather than artificial difficulty. Considering how fast things can move on Hard mode I think smaller targets would lead to input lag crossing the threshold of accuracy and end up being more frustrating than fun. That's just my take on it. I've played a lot of music games through the years on many platforms and IMO Cytus has the most natural fluid and fair feeling gameplay of them all. It may not have the charm of Gitaroo Man, but it's hard to have that much charm while your fingers are all over the screen blocking it versus a controller. Granted, Frederic The Resurrection of Music comes close on the touchscreen charm side of things, but the gameplay is a notch below since it's not as intuitive until you read up on how to get better scores.

7. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yeah, I have it. So I'm not getting this one. :p

8. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Anyone try Deemo yet? I wish the TA have some live video included in it.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Seems like there's video in the game thread on the iphone forum. I know I watched some before I bought it. I played some of it, it's a great music game... well worth the purchase. One of the extra cool things is it has Sanctity (also in Cytus) in it and the gameplay is more piano like which really fits. I just love that song too. Cytus is more robust with the songs, but I have no issue supporting Deemo.

10. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
  11. LayneNchains

LayneNchains Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Lmfao. I think Cytus will be right in my wheelhouse