Universal Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #81 H4nd0fg0d, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    I haven't watched any ads and it doesn't chew through my 6s+ battery. It's just dishonest to put an ad opt out in for $ that doesn't even exist. It's most certainly not the $.99 that matters, it is the principle. I chose to purchase it to show my support but anyone who didn't has the exact same game as me for nothing. Shady to say the least. You don't advertise something for sale and sell it to ppl and in the end have what they bought not even be in existence.

2. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    We like the idea :) Will definitely discuss that!

3. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    My phone ain't as fancy as yours (6+). That might be a cause but even playing a memory intensive game like Crashlands is better on my battery.

Unless you are only buying masks, I can't see how you would get around the 500 gold ad viewing. The farthest I've gotten has been around 2700, although there are people on this board who claim upwards to 30k, which is unbelievably hard. (Nonetheless, wow!)

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #84 Qwertz555, Feb 11, 2016
    Damn, i finally had to delete and reinstall the game again. Goodbye level 18, my skull and all gathered coins, but no GC log-out etc. helped. I didn't exist anymore, and i don't even have a Gamecenter problem like so many others in this forum.
    Well folks, watch your back. A new chase has begun, lol.
    And btw "claiming" a score, simply play more, level up, upgrade and of course, get better. My wiped out score was at 49824 #
    (Used one revive and one shield!)

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You level up your score multiplier pretty quickly. I'm on level 10 right now and each session is at least above 10k, so no magic happening here. Just keep playing for a bit.

6. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011

The app consumes battery in the background, probably is leaving an audio connection open. I reported it earlier, hopefully the developers are aware of it.

7. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    It very well may be chewing through my battery as well. I haven't had a session over maybe 20-30 min.

8. FlyingC

FlyingC Active Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Excellent game. The dev was kind enough to give me a promo code before release and I've been playing the game ever since. The art is super nice, sound effects are on point. While the swiping mechanism can get tiring after a while it does not bother me that much. Everything fits in this game, from the power-ups to the awesome particle effects. It's nice that you also level up, gives you a sense of achievement. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this game, great job guys!

9. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Hey dev.

You make great games that you ruin with your monetization efforts.

Be confident. Go premium.

10. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Some dude already hacked his way to #1 sigh.

11. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I have to see this is right. Paying for something that does nothing, but is advertised differently.

Dev.: will this .99 go towards the future "premium" purchase?

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #92 H4nd0fg0d, Feb 11, 2016
    My thoughts indeed. You pay $.99 for disabling pop up ads that never existed. Wtf? I've made multiple comments regarding this to which he seems to ignore.

13. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    My understanding, based on a set of posts from the developer in previous pages is that yes, that would be the case.

But I might be getting it wrong.

14. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Honestly love the gameplay but the fact that you can continue ruins the high score aspect completely

15. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    We will fix this with the update - thanks to ideas from this forum and you guys :)

16. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Yup.

We'll try to close it as much to premium as possible and the "ad removal" purchase will count agains that.

However, for playes who will still like to use video ads there will be an option in settings that will turn on video ads for coins.

17. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    This is only a temporaty.

We track our leaderboards and act accordingly.

Cheaters are banned for forever in GameCenter.

18. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I download this yesterday and been playing it quite a lot since and I'm really enjoying, reminds me of old Sinclair Spectrum games only faster! I'm quite happy to pay to remove the ads even if they aren't active.

Developers deserve something for making such a great little game. I look forward to the update to fix the continue for high score

19. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    So, if I'm understanding this correctly the only difference between premium and non premium will be that premium consists of just the removal of the ability to watch optional ads and nothing else. If that is the case, how does that constitute 'premium' by any measure. Paying customers should gain something more than the inability to watch optional ads, like gaining more coin per run or some kind of actual premium feature to differentiate it from non premium bc the inability to watch optional ads certainly doesn't constitute premium in this universe or any other. Great game that needs sorted out asap. Cheers!

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I think they mean that the option to get coins by watching ads will always be there because some people like it. However, it seems that they will be adding/tweaking a lot to give us a more premium experience.