Universal Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I basically plays like a fast-paced, action packed, Squarescape with scrolling rooms, one of my old favorites.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I agree. When I'm not playing crash lands I'm playing this. I really love this game. The swiping controls fit this game perfectly and it's just really fun and intense to play. I even love the quirky sound effects every time you swipe. And I already purchased no ads. I know I didn't have to but I can't play a game this much and not give the developers something.

Also everyone join the everyplay community. I've been uploading videos. I recently got a cool coin bonus side room and it was awesome. My name is of course LordShadowz lol

Billy

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game is incredible

But what do the clear blocks do

4. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I agree that it's good but if no matter what I pay I am asked to watch an ad (optional, I know), then I'll just watch ads to give them money. I will never watch an ad for a revive...it's a high score game.

I'm always glad to see you in a thread. Good gaming!

5. Bazzilicious

Bazzilicious New Member

May 13, 2015
    Ugh, it's so good.

6. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    There is ad removal for .99?

7. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Wow! So many comments here and sooo many nice words! Thank you so much, everyone!!!
    We are really happy and excited that you enjoy playing! Please keep us updated on your progress, ideas and issues, if any :)

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This game is incredible!! Perfect mobile game. Presentation, gameplay, pacing, upgrade system, controls! Everything just clicks with me. So, so, so good!

9. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I don't have the reflexes for this type of game. Delete.

10. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Extra points and blocks block projectiles.

11. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #31 your personal robot, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Just bought the remove ads item. Still I have to watch the ad to continue after death. I love the way Nitrome solved it with Rust Bucket. As a buyer you get 1 free continue. You could (and should anyways) even increase the price for "no ads" and really kill them all this way.

EDIT: And maybe you can also change the "Tomb of th..." below the app icon to TotM or Tomb?

12. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    #32 Den Den, Feb 10, 2016
    Nice addictive game but I deleted it. Until they implement an IAP that removes all the ads and turns the game into a premium version, I won't touch it.

Also, could someone buy coin packs and revive multiple times, maybe forever? Do the leaderboards take that into account or do they rank you only based on your 1st try? If you're ranked regardless of using revives, then it's kind of an evil system...

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Being at level 17 (early code, thanks again) should say enough about my addictive fun i have with this gorgeous looking speccy pearl. And i haven't survived all the traps and enemies that were thrown at me, yet. So the replay value is huge. Home delivered with perfectly responsive swipe controls.

My personal preferences though are whining about three failures in this uber-fast twitchy game...
    - Endless reviving, comes with this leaderboard only
    - The skip revive button is uncomfortably missplaced to make this a perfect one-hand gameplay experience.
    - No instant replay button
    Imho, an essential must-have.

PS: I'm more than willing to pay $5-ish for ads-free (or coming coin doubler), but i also would much appreciate getting an extinct becoming one-try leaderboard...though i'm always fine with one revive at max.

*cough* Another Dev offers a free revive for paying fans *cough*

@Devs
    Did you clear the leaderboard? Neither the app nor GC direct shows my rank or other early code receivers anymore. Any new run i'm doing shows no result/rank as well.

I had the no sounds bug too, twice, but a simple game restart did it for me. Iphone 5s, 8.4.1

14. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I purchased the no ads iap and nothing happened? What am I missing ?

15. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Without question, I would pay the asking price for these options. I'm back on it, I've retooled my evaluation of the game and am loving everything bout it again.

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    This game is my new Downwell.

That is all.

17. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    The app mentions pop-up ads... haven't seen any pop-up ads before this purchase anyways. So I was hoping it's for ads in general. Doesn't seem to be the case. So far, it's just a dev support buck :) But I'd love to get rid of the continue ads with some money.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #38 LordShad0wz, Feb 10, 2016
    Guys,

Right now Happy Magenta has not enabled pop up ads yet. If you purchase the no ads IAP you are basically sending them a thank you right now. Happy magenta usually doesn't turn on ads in their games at first to gain analytics. If they see s lot of people using the opt in ads they might never turn them on. It all depends on how things go. I knew this when I purchased the no ads. This is why you are seeing nothing happen.

On another point I think the comments do have a point dev. Perhaps purchasing no ads should entitle us to one free continue. Other games actually do this. I can name several but one right off the top of my head is TouchDown Hero: New Season. I purchased no ads and I now get a free retry as well. That is a valid point. If you decide to not turn on pop up ads it would solve the "I don't se anything happening after I purchased no ads" issue.

Billy

19. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks, Billy! :)

True, we haven't turned on the pop-ups yet (and probably never will - it depends). For now this IAP is more of a "thank you" :)

We wrote about it a few times, but there are so many comments, that obviously some people couldn't notice :)

Concerning all the issues and wishes for the update - we see and discuss them all! Will try to do our best to make things better for you :)

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This should be premium, dig the game