Universal Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    I bet more may be added though the "weel of fortune" win or after a perfect completion of one of the levels.

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

3. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    #283 Happybyte, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    1. you didn't reach bigger levels yet probably... CC starting levels are also short.

2. we'll collect some stats/feedback and adjust it. on the other hand you get more skilled as you progress. so losing a life will be only accidental. after playing for a while I pass almost 40 levels without a refill and up to 60 with just one. game designer's wife passes all in one evening :-0 And, basically with current game balance... if you do not make upgrades for the arcade mode in shop and just try to complete all levels first, then you'll have pretty enough coin for 3-5 refills. For example, as I now play it from scratch - I've over 2k coins at level 32. Used neither ads nor iap and didn't grind.

3. optimizations are in progress now. we would probably spend more time on it in the first place. yet the 6th was the hard deadline. so it is as it is. although the most probable reason for current issues is soap in our eyes - worked on it for too long.

thanks =)

4. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Crash/freeze update should go live in a few minutes.

Data loss fix is still in the works.

Ping our support if you'll have more issues :-0

5. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Any chance of porting this to Android? I miss it since I switched!

6. Randyrules1

Randyrules1 New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Update

Thanks for fixing the crashing issues! Great update makes the game so much better, please keep updates like this up!

7. DayDreamer1

DayDreamer1 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Hey Jerutix! Yes, we've been working on it lately! ;)
    So you can expect Tomb of the Mask on Android in the nearest future!

8. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Well. Actually, Android version is the main reason of the recent game bugs. Been remaking the game using a cross platform engine. So it's amost in there - polishing it now.

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Woo! I'll be downloading as soon as it drops!

10. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Eh well i play candy crush slowly. So probably normal gameplay is 1-2 minutes (i take my time)

I'm 100% fine with energy systems, but you shouldn't have to wait 2.5 hours for 5 minutes of gameplay.

On the positive side, the New Ui is very good, well done!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    When TOTM released i instantly was hooked by the its frantic mechanics combined with charming pixel-heavy presentation. It was the definition of quick fun games for me. It was a great game that deserved 5-stars.

Then this latest update happened. The kind of update that not only adds content, but content that changes the dynamics of the game, and changes the way you play TOTM, effectively providing a new game using it's core mechanics.

The type of additions that make great games deserving of a permanent spot in future my devices, and list of games i love most.

12. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Figured out the only time my fps drops is in arcade mode on the purple phase.

Where can i contact you privately dev? (It's important)

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #293 Matt33, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    I like that revives and shields have a limit to them for arcade. Although, you can accumulate more than 10 shields via the wheel, and there's also the option to buy shields after losing a life. If this isn't implemented already, I'd like to suggest that the shield icon become grey and shields no longer useable after 10 are used in a single arcade run to enforce the max 10 rule.

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Before the update which added the levels, I played the endless mode a handful of times and deleted it. Now, I'm really enjoying it with the new levels. My only gripe is that activating the shield is way too easy to trigger accidently. Would have preferred if it was a button.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same. I burnt through my shields with zero intention of activating them in stage mode.

16. sapphirinedreams

Apr 28, 2013
    The update to restore progress works! And I know this because I have my 276 shields back.

17. DayDreamer1

DayDreamer1 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    #297 DayDreamer1, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Hey everyone! :)
    Good news: we’ve released an update for Tomb of the Mask that recovers lost progress earned by some players before version 1.2!
    We also added 5 new stages, made performance optimizations and stability improvements, adjusted the balance and fixed bugs.
    Thanks for your patience and support, guys! We really hope that nothing will prevent you from enjoying the game now!

18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks so much!

I got all my shields (108!), masks, and even coins back \o/ Oh, and how could I forget the x20 score multiplier?! Sweet!

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #299 Andy C83, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomb of the Mask

has been nominated for the TouchArcade Forums'
    Game of the Year 2016

VOTE NOW

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Just finished all 65 levels in adventure mode (all stars plus dots collected) - loved it! It adds so much more to the previously endless game