Universal Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. DayDreamer1

DayDreamer1 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Hey everyone! :)
    Our team Happymagenta have been quite busy lately, we're working on a couple of new projects, so you can expect more joy and fun really soon!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Will we ever see anymore added to Tomb of the mask? I was just playing today and would love to see more things added.

Billy

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Why the 1 star review? This game is awesome.

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    If you look back through the thread you'll see why I have put one star. I won't go over it again. The devs know why.

The gameplay itself is 5. I play it regularly and spent plenty of money on the game to show my support.

Billy

5. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015

I remember when they updated and pissed off some players (myself included) with some of the changes to the in game currency, but after playing for awhile with those updates I found the game to more then generous with the coins. I guess we will have to agree to disagree about that.

I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, I just assumed your rating was an oversight so perhaps my question was a tad bit glib. I see now that is not the case.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    My feathers aren't ruffled towards you at all. It wasn't just the coins. There is other aspects.

Thing is I'm a huge Magenta fan and have spent good money on their games. If a game is good I believe in financially contributing. I'm old school. But I also call things as I see them.

So anyways. Besides the issues I have I would like to see more content. I do think the main core gameplay is brilliant.

Billy

7. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That I totally agree with. :)

8. DayDreamer1

Jan 19, 2015
    #248 DayDreamer1, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Hey everyone! :)
    Sorry for keeping silence for so long, we’re now working on a couple of big projects, but we’ve found time to make something special for the Tomb of the Mask admirers!
    [​IMG]

IT'S A COMPLETELY NEW STAGE-BASED MODE! So you will have two games in one: endless arcade and settled stages.
    [​IMG]

There are separate rooms with deadly traps and wicked creatures just waiting for you to come closer. Less lava, more time for strategic decisions. And prompt reaction as well, cause, you know, anything will try to kill you there.
    Avoid death, collect stars, complete missions in a new version of Tomb of the Mask!
    [​IMG]
    The main features:
    - 60 stages;
    - dozens of missions;
    - major changes in game balance;
    - entirely readjusted UI;
    - a new music track added.

The new mode is already available! https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1057889290

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#249 Anotherkellydown, Dec 6, 2016
    It's awesome!!! I didn't see your post about the update so it was a complete surprise.

I love the new stage mode already. Never would have expected to get a whole new mode for one of my favorite iOS titles. My x20 multiplayer is gone, along with my stockpile of coins (word of warning before you update). iOS 10.1.1 iPhone 6.

10. DayDreamer1

Jan 19, 2015
    #250 DayDreamer1, Dec 6, 2016
    If you didn't update Tomb of the Mask from version 1.1.13 and later, you would have lost it, unfortunately!
    Thanks for loving our game! Would love to hear your thoughts about a new mode!

11. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

That's so weird, I never got a v 1.1.13 update for it even though TOTM has stayed on my phone since release. My phone has been acting up though; sometimes I'll get repeat updates - not sure if they just didn't finish downloading or what.

The stage mode is like a whole new game. I almost would have rather seen it as a new app. I've only played the first 6 levels then ran out of energy - this is going to cause some controversy no doubt. Doesn't bother me much though, I'm just happy you guys are still working on this classic! I'll probably pop back in here once I get a little farther.

12. DayDreamer1

Jan 19, 2015
    You can play arcade mode without any limitations. Energy is just for a stage-based mode!

13. bluermlou

bluermlou Active Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Have to say I never got a prompt for 1.1.13 or later and I've been keeping up to date on my updates. Lost all my progress as well and my level and my coins!

14. DayDreamer1

Jan 19, 2015
    #254 DayDreamer1, Dec 6, 2016
    Everyone should receive an automatic reminder to update the app on the AppStore when a new version is released. Sometimes you can just miss it.
    We're really sorry that you've lost your score and coins, guys! :(

15. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Loving the new update! ##

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    So the update wiped my progress, coins (some of which I paid for) and unlocked masks (had all but one). The game no longer gives me double coins from the IAP I purchased. I did a restore purchase and nothing happened. I effectively just lost $6 to this update.

Thanks for the update!#

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    So while they added an awesome level system they actually lowered the coins you win from the wheel AND introduced an energy system.

Yea Ill be keeping it at one star. It's a shame.

Billy

18. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #258 Oats, Dec 6, 2016
    Am I missing something? What energy system are you referring to; is it the power-ups?
    Those were implemented a while ago.

As for the wheel being lowered, that doesn't seem that bad. I've been receiving several coins from playing the new Map Staged Based Mode

Edit: ok, I found the energy system you are referring to because I just died once #
    I guess I have been rocking the new mode, because I did not notice it before.
    Still a great game!

19. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Love the new update! But add more masks like a ninja! But love it!

20. sapphirinedreams

Apr 28, 2013
    #260 sapphirinedreams, Dec 6, 2016
    Lost progress

Hey! Love the new update, but I am upset about losing all my progress. I'm not too upset about losing my coins and score and power ups, but I'm very upset about losing my Koala that I spent hours tediously slaving away at the wheel of fortune for.

I update my apps daily and was most certainly on version 1.1.13 when I updated to 1.2. Please pull the update and fix this before other people lose their progress as well.