Universal Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Me too. I think it's a good update. I hope they bring a hardcore mode sometime in the future (new high score with no revives or shields).

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    No torches. They have been active here. That's why I know they said there would be a way for a more premium experience. Just wondering what's next...

3. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Wahoooo!
    After many attempts at the wheel of fortune, I have unlocked the robot #
    4 more characters to go!

4. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Scare the devs away? Happymagenta at this point are fairly well known indie developers featured by TA and PG. So they shouldn't be scared away by some criticisms of the update to their game. ToTM was featured as an editor's choice for gods sake. I don't really see an issue with the updates, the game doesn't have to offer continues at all, and it doesn't need to offer 500 coins to view a 15 - 30 second at at your own will. 300 seems more than fair. If you reference my comments on Clash Royale, people drop benjies on that game and Supercell but then piss on this wonderful game to the point they are concerned about alienating the developers.

If HM are really so thin-skinned that they can't handle any negativity, well, I *kinda find that hard to believe. But if people are really so worked up about this game and its monetization then I suggest you relax and compare this game to others.

* I will add, the devs have not had a response on this thread since the update and reaction. Hence, I *kinda.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The developers have no obligation to comment here or answer peoples' questions or spend any time whatsoever on the TA forums. The fact that any developers spend time here at all is a benefit to us gamers, and something we certainly couldn't have imagined having even ten years ago in the world of video games.

So I have to agree that when a game gets updated instead of having a kneejerk reaction and publicly shaming a developer perhaps people could either spend more time to understand what they are criticizing or wait to hear from the developers themselves before making assumptions and putting the devs on blast for all to see.

Since these devs haven't even logged on in over two weeks, my gut tells me they're gone, and I'll just add them to an ever-growing list of developers who have abandoned the TA forums due to the negative behavior of a small amount of its members.

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    That's sad. This is easily one of my favorite games. Not on iOS or this year. I mean ever, all time, any platform.

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I have spent a lot of time with the game over the last week or so and can now see that all of my complaints were just wrong. The game is now perfectly balanced in regards to the coins and what you can spend them on. The free spins on the wheel and the cost for spinning the wheel past those freebies, the payout for watching adds, the price on continues, everything is in harmony. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the game. I have giving the game 5 stars on both the App Store and TouchArcade.

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Yep someone is still playing this game ... me!
    Only thing I NEED u to fix is the restart buy in when u die. I accidentally hit this buy your way back in so many times losing all my coins .
    Only thing I do is save coins and this is an instant waste of money.

Other than that... The last update was an amazing update with awesome addons

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Even with the little drama after the update, I'm surprised that the devs didn't return since this game was such a big hit on the forums. Plus, they released the super amazing game Orbitum. PLEASE COME BACK! :(

10. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great game. The update, kinda like buying a car with leather interior, taking it to shop, returned with vinyl. Nonetheless, great game.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Good news everyone!
    I contacted them. They are just really busy and will still post here. Mentioned, finishing up Joan Mad Run. :)

12. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Hey there! :) Just wanted to let you know that we are still alive lol

Sorry for the wait, everyone - we had (and still have) a busy time and got a little bit overwhelmed with other projects.

Concerning the latest update of Tomb of the Mask. We sincerely apologize to everyone who was disappointed. This was a quick update that was supposed to fix a few issues and add something new. However we couldn't do it all that fast. Of course we have more updates in plans. All your wishes, ideas and thoughts were collected and discussed by the team, so we know what we need to do. But Rome wasn't build in a day. So we hope you understand :)

P.S.: We are finally finishing our long-term project [thread=197557]Joan Mad Run[/thread] - more details are coming soon :)

13. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Your last update was the best. It has me playing an hour a two a day . I want to unlock everything. I like the free spins. All new new masks were my favorite part

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Here's a fun little thing I did that others may want to try. I bought the $.99, 5000 coin pack and spent it all on wheel of fortune spins. I unlocked all of the masks and will never have to buy shields ever. Lol. It took awhile because you also get coins from the wheel and I rolled those back into more spins. Give it a try and you will be rewarded for your very small purchase. :)

15. divbyzero

divbyzero Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Game Designer & iOS Programmer
    Ukraine
    Looks as very quick PacMan =).
    Good job.

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    If I buy Double Coins IAP will I remove pop-up ads, too?
    Or should I buy the specific IAP?

17. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    No it doesn't. You have to buy them separately. Though you really don't need to buy the remove ads since ads aren't really turned on. The only ad that will pop up is an ad for into the dim that shows up on the home screen on rare occasion.

18. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Yeah I've never seen an ad ever

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Thanks!
    On second thoughts, I remember a Happymagenta's post... Something like "Remove ads IAP is more like a Thank you IAP". :)

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This thread has been quite for a while. Any news on updates or anything?