Universal Tomb of the Mask - endless arcade (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Feb 9, 2016.

1. mangros

mangros New Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Just registered to comment on this game. It's amazing! Best thing since Forget Me Not for capturing that old arcade feel with the mad sound effects and pulsing colours. My high score is 30K with no continues, level 13.

One thing I think would be the icing on the cake:
    The delayed trap spikes look too similar to the standard spikes. There isn't enough visual difference to make a superfast decision when it's all getting hectic. Maybe the traps could just look like the regular walls but glowing or something?

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    HA Yuli! See I'm not the only one. Thank you! I've been saying the same thing. I get all caught up and then think I have no where to go.

Billy

3. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Just encountered a crazy bug:

Start a new game as dog mask, activate shield. As soon as I swiped, the "camera" moved LEFT and RIGHT with my swipes, cutting off the play field, for a couple movements before settling completely off-screen so that I couldn't see anything. I continued to play blind, to see what would happen, and the camera moved back, the level was all scatter-shot, walls weren't aligned, then suddnly the camera shot up and it was just the two vertical walls extending upward forerever, leaving the character behind.

Haven't been able to recreate but it was nuts.

4. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Yeah, that's strange, same thing happened to me. First time after playing for 3 weeks now, hmm.

5. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #205 Sash-O, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    I moved the level out of the frame by swiping:

Attached Files:

6. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    The moving camera:

Attached Files:

7. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    ah, weird
    thanks for letting us know!

We are working hard on an update now, so will try our best to fix everything!

8. Rocka

Rocka Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi! Just downloaded this to my iPhone 4 but all i get when opening the app is a black screen. I can still hear the music and even the menu sounds, i think, when touching the screen. This happened every time i tried to open the game.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The update is out!!!!!

10. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Devs, when are you going to implement the pure boards and make this a more premium experience? I think having both the coin doubler and the ad removal should give you free continues since I think 6 bucks is a fair price for a full premium experience. So far I think you are taking this in the right direction. Great work!

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #211 H4nd0fg0d, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Reinstalling the old version to watch ads, update only yields 300, the old 500. Then reinstall new version to play. Good deal, nice update.

How very nice of them to take 40% of a watched ad away. So, old version watch 3 ads to equate to what watching 5 now yields on the new version. No thanks, for the few seconds it takes to load the game, I'll regress to old to amass coins and play on the new one. Nothing like greed and taking away from the players. Cheers.

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #212 LordShad0wz, Mar 6, 2016
    Wtf devs.

I'm your biggest fan and you Screwed the pooch.

No free continue after spending $6? Seriously? You couldn't give paying customers one free continue? Why wouldn't paying customers get one free continue?

Ads now are only 300 coins? Suddenly my time and data have become less value to you? After I've paid. I was an early adopter who spent money on no ads, when there wasn't even any ads, and watched ad after ad after ad after ad. Just to show my support. You repay me by screwing me. The double coin IAP doesn't even double the coin for the ads. How do you even justify THAT? You could have atleast done that but you didn't. It's just messed up. I wish I didn't spend the money now.

This is complete nonsense. I'm pissed off. Whoever did this really just hurt this game.

Billy

13. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I don't know what to say really. I'm not as upset as some others seem to be, but I certainly understand where they're coming from. It seems like the double coins IAP is being counter balanced by lowering the coin rewards in other places in the game. So now you can pay 4.99 and end up with about the same number of coins you would have before the update. On top of that, rewards are way smaller for those who don't buy the coin doubler. I understand the need to keep players playing, but less reward for more playing doesn't seem like the best way to retain interest.

The people in this thread reported, nearly unanimously, that this game was perfect. Some players simply wanted small things, that they were willing to pay for, to give the game a more "premium" experience. I don't feel impeding progress has provided that premium experience.

14. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #214 H4nd0fg0d, Mar 6, 2016
    Didn't even realize the continue issue. I'm right there with you Billy. Gotta stick with the initial version or it's deletion. F this.
    Time to revise my AppStore review as well.
    Funny how the release notes conveniently don't mention the things being taken from the already paying customers. Spitiful.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Cool, you guys have aired your grievances, let's not turn this into the same anti-free to play circle jerk we have in every thread where there's a monetization balance change. There's tons of other stuff to focus your energy on instead.

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Wow, looks like all prices have seen an overhaul...but i only comment on the real cool things for now.

Love the Indiana bolder maze and the transporters, which gives me new confusion and distraction moments, lol. But also a new replay value to learn how to pass them.

The spikewalls are much better seen, very helpful.

Super thanks for instant replay!

Wheel of Fortune finally makes sense (to me) going for the masks.
    (though i stick to Voodoo anyways)

Thank for this, definitely not in all aspects!, satisfying update.

PS:
    Who really cares for 3 revives only on this screwed up (imho) and still only one leaderboard?

17. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I've been comparing the 2 versions and another change is the scale. The game board is now much smaller on my 6s+ which isn't very cool. Just gonna stick with v1.0 now that I've weighed the costs and benefits. The costs of updating far out weigh the 'lack' of any benefits.

18. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I like the sound of the improvements. 500 coins per video was way to generous before, IMO. Sounds like this won't affect the way I play at all, since I never watch video ads for coins and have never used a revive. Looking forward to some new traps and masks!

19. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I don't think anything is wrong with Thai update but earlier the dev made it sound like some updates were coming to make it more premium...this didn't do that.

20. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Don't scare the devs away. Let's hear them out first before we bring out the torches. I have faith in them.